Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-25-2024, 08:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I fear Higgins will pull that too

I'm not sure he can do that at the WR position. He had a down year last year. If he wants teams to look at him and pay him like a #1 receiver, he needs to put up a 1000 yd season this year, happy or not. If he has a 600 or 700 yard season, no way anyone is going to give him a huge bag.
Reply/Quote
The Patriots can call all they want but until they say the magic words "Christian Barmore & pick #68" they aren't even getting past Duke Tobin's assistant.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 10:54 AM)Synric Wrote: The Patriots can call all they want but until they say the magic words "Christian Barmore & pick #68" they aren't even getting past Duke Tobin's assistant.

I might just make that trade straight up. I don’t know much about him, but he is on the upswing trajectory of his career.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:58 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I might just make that trade straight up. I don’t know much about him, but he is on the upswing trajectory of his career.

Funny how the patriots traded up with the Bengals to draft barmore. I’d say he’s due for a massive extension soon as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 06:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: You had to go back almost a quarter of a century to use Warrick as an example. Yet agree and hate drafting both of those runt WR's early and believe MB forced both picks. Was so mad when Ross was taken when the Bengals desperately needed OL help that I left the draft party at PBS immediately fuming. 

Although this coaching regime has not missed on any WR's taken but has still not hit on any OL players except Jonah unless we count Volson as a hit. 

Just don't see the need to take a player that won't start with the SB window open unless Tee is kept which would be a mistake imo. The window closes some very soon when Chase is signed and is probably merely cracked open if Tee and Chase are signed. Then they will have to hit in the draft.

Plus I see you magically use the first 20 picks of the draft to leave out the huge can't miss OT failure Cedric Ogbuehi selected with the 21st pick who is in much more recent history than Warrick, 18 is not much difference than 21. Yet am fine if the Bengals wait until 2nd or 3rd round if their board dictates that a player they covet will be available. 

Now Ross was a big debacle especially when the Bengals needed OL help per losing Whitworth and Zeitler that season. Will never believe a coach made that decision and think that was the owners doing. Yet doubt the owner ever picks OL players per he hired a consultant when they drafted Zeitler even when it was known they would take an OL. Believe he was the last even ok OL selected and that was 12 years ago. Love bolstering the trenches but they seem to do better with FA than draft picks. 

To rehash, Zac has taken Chase, Tee, Iosivas, Chuck Sizzle at WR and Jonah, Carman, D'Ante Smith, Adeniji, and Volson at OL. Like his track record at WR better than OL personally. By the way I would have taken Penei Sewell over Chase and tried to hit in 2nd round on WR, but maybe I was wrong.

Well my focus was low to mid draft should have just said 18th and down, just wanted to point out that when we have went low to mid draft we have done well as an organization with tackles... but to me you can;t base your decision making on well we missed that year so lets pass this year... if this team stays healthy, i think we are draftings in the 20s so to me this is the year with picking 18 and the depth of RTs to take one...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 12:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well my focus was low to mid draft  should have just said 18th and down, just wanted to point out that when we have went low to mid draft we have done well as an organization with tackles... but to me you can;t base your decision making on well we missed that year so lets pass this year... if this team stays healthy, i think we are draftings in the 20s so to me this is the year with picking 18 and the depth of RTs to take one...

After looking it over here are the Bengals 1st round OL players selected

Jonah Williams .......11th
Andre Smith............6th
Levi Jones...............10th
Willie Anderson........10th
Anthony Munoz........3rd
Bob Johnson............2nd
Kevin Zeitler ............27th
Cedric Ogbuehi.........21st
Billy Price.................21st

Seems to me the Bengals only really have not missed as you claim while drafting within the top 10 picks and the only reason you expanded to 20 is because the 2 huge flops at 21. Yet they've never really struck gold in the teens unless you count Jonah but even that was at 11. 

You used Tee as a prime example as to why they should wait until the 2nd round for WR per Tee being drafted there. Albeit he was the second player taken in the 2nd round. Yet you're right and Marvin Jones was drafted with a comp pick in the 5th even, so I get it. 

Yet I submit into evidence that Whitworth was taken with the 55th pick in the 2nd round proving OL can be taken later as well a still be a hit. Bigger hit than most with the exception of Munoz and Willie. Although Whit should always be mentioned in the same breath as those two as well. 

Now I am with you if Tee is signed long term but to lose Tee, Boyd, Mixon, and even Irv Smith that accounts for quite a bit of Burrows passing yards and should make weapons a priority. Especially on a passing team like Zac features. 

Plus think Zac's Bengals have been much better with OL in FA than draft. Although do think when they restock on weapons they should try drafting future OL once again. For now though

Orlando Brown, Cappa, Karras, Trent Brown > Jonah, Carman, Volson, D'Ante Smith, Adeniji

Yet will get behind whatever direction they go, but will always feel it's a mistake to sign Burrow, Chase, and Tee and tie up that much money in only one facet of the game and neglect the rest. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 06:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: After looking it over here are the Bengals 1st round OL players selected

Jonah Williams .......11th
Andre Smith............6th
Levi Jones...............10th
Willie Anderson........10th
Anthony Munoz........3rd
Bob Johnson............2nd
Kevin Zeitler ............27th
Cedric Ogbuehi.........21st
Billy Price.................21st

Seems to me the Bengals only really have not missed as you claim while drafting within the top 10 picks and the only reason you expanded to 20 is because the 2 huge flops at 21. Yet they've never really struck gold in the teens unless you count Jonah but even that was at 11. 

You used Tee as a prime example as to why they should wait until the 2nd round for WR per Tee being drafted there. Albeit he was the second player taken in the 2nd round. Yet you're right and Marvin Jones was drafted with a comp pick in the 5th even, so I get it. 

Yet I submit into evidence that Whitworth was taken with the 55th pick in the 2nd round proving OL can be taken later as well a still be a hit. Bigger hit than most with the exception of Munoz and Willie. Although Whit should always be mentioned in the same breath as those two as well. 

Now I am with you if Tee is signed long term but to lose Tee, Boyd, Mixon, and even Irv Smith that accounts for quite a bit of Burrows passing yards and should make weapons a priority. Especially on a passing team like Zac features. 

Plus think Zac's Bengals have been much better with OL in FA than draft. Although do think when they restock on weapons they should try drafting future OL once again. For now though

Orlando Brown, Cappa, Karras, Trent Brown > Jonah, Carman, Volson, D'Ante Smith, Adeniji

Yet will get behind whatever direction they go, but will always feel it's a mistake to sign Burrow, Chase, and Tee and tie up that much money in only one facet of the game and neglect the rest. 

Yep, honestly I think now with the Trent Brown signing, it is a better idea to Draft Tee's replacement early instead of the future RT.

I know Trent Brown has had trouble staying healthy, but so has Tee and I am sure that there were talks about if he plays a lot for us and plays
well that an extension will be in talks in the future. With our history of drafting OL, we actually might hit on one later like in the 2nd or 3rd round
just as easily. But if we can free up Tee's money in a trade while drafting his replacement it is best for everyone.

Brian Thomas Jr, Adonai Mitchell, Malachi Corley or your idea of trading up for Nabors should be in our thoughts big time if we are offered say an
early 2nd rounder for Tee.

Who is to say Latham or Guyton specifically will be better than Kingsley Sueamatata (spelling?) or Blake Fisher who we can get in the 2nd or 3rd?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, honestly I think now with the Trent Brown signing, it is a better idea to Draft Tee's replacement early instead of the future RT.

I know Trent Brown has had trouble staying healthy, but so has Tee and I am sure that there were talks about if he plays a lot for us and plays
well that an extension will be in talks in the future. With our history of drafting OL, we actually might hit on one later like in the 2nd or 3rd round
just as easily. But if we can free up Tee's money in a trade while drafting his replacement it is best for everyone.

Brian Thomas Jr, Adonai Mitchell, Malachi Corley or your idea of trading up for Nabors should be in our thoughts big time if we are offered say an

Who is to say Latham or Guyton specifically will be better than Kingsley Sueamatata (spelling?) or Blake Fisher who we can get in the 2nd or 3rd?

the problem is he is signed for one year... he could go anywhere else after this year, too much of a gamble to me to wait till next year with a loaded RT group this year
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 07:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the problem is he is signed for one year... he could go anywhere else after this year, too much of a gamble to me to wait till next year with a loaded RT group this year

Oh, I don't want to wait to draft an OT till next year at all, just saying if the right OT's aren't there in the first I am for taking Tee's
replacement or one of the stud DT's if they are around over reaching for an OT at 18.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 07:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh, I don't want to wait to draft an OT till next year at all, just saying if the right OT's aren't there in the first I am for taking Tee's
replacement or one of the stud DT's if they are around over reaching for an OT at 18.

Yep, feel there is a much bigger need at DT this year and not really against taking a OT. But with DT a need you and if losing Tee, Boyd, and Mixon just feel there more pressing of needs. Plus there will be OT's in FA again next year as well. 

it's really hard for me to say what I think is needed until it is known exactly what is happening with Higgins though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 06:44 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, feel there is a much bigger need at DT this year and not really against taking a OT. But with DT a need you and if losing Tee, Boyd, and Mixon just feel there more pressing of needs. Plus there will be OT's in FA again next year as well. 

it's really hard for me to say what I think is needed until it is known exactly what is happening with Higgins though.

A lot depends on what happens with Tee. I just don't think he is going to like playing on the Tag and he is banged up a lot to boot.

As much as some want to say taking a WR like Brian Thomas Jr, Adonai Mitchell, Jaylen Polk, Malachi Corley, Leggette etc is a gamble....

So is relying on Tee playing on the Tag.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A lot depends on what happens with Tee. I just don't think he is going to like playing on the Tag and he is banged up a lot to boot.

As much as some want to say taking a WR like Brian Thomas Jr, Adonai Mitchell, Jaylen Polk, Malachi Corley, Leggette etc is a gamble....

So is relying on Tee playing on the Tag.

Preach! 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 07:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh, I don't want to wait to draft an OT till next year at all, just saying if the right OT's aren't there in the first I am for taking Tee's

I agree with you. There are very very good RTs in this draft. You could get a good player in the 3rd or 4th.

Trading Tee & Bengals 4th to Panthers for their 2nd & 3rd would be a STRONG move. So would trading Tee & 5th to NE for their 2nd & 3rd.

They can take a higher impact spot, like WR or DT, in the 1st & 2nd rounds & Rat in 2nd or 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 03:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I agree with you. There are very very good RTs in this draft. You could get a good player in the 3rd or 4th.

Trading Tee & Bengals 4th to Panthers for their 2nd & 3rd would be a STRONG move. So would trading Tee & 5th to NE for their 2nd & 3rd.

They can take a higher impact spot, like WR or DT, in the 1st & 2nd rounds & Rat in 2nd or 3rd.

I like the way you are thinking PDub. Would love either one of those trades and there is no telling one of the Tackles at 18 will be better
than the 2nd or 3rd round Tackles as we have seen in the past. I love Fuaga, but he has shorter arms and translates well to Guard because
of it. I like Latham, but he skipped workouts and we all know the dudes we drafted that did the same. Love Mims little tape in his 8 starts,
but it is only 8 starts etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, honestly I think now with the Trent Brown signing, it is a better idea to Draft Tee's replacement early instead of the future RT.

I disagree completely.  Tee's replacement is already on the team.  If Burrow is what we think he is, he doesn't need a bunch of 1st round receivers to win.  What he needs is PROTECTED.  

Be prepared for the Bengal's not to draft a WR until day 3.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 04:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: I disagree completely.  Tee's replacement is already on the team.  If Burrow is what we think he is, he doesn't need a bunch of 1st round receivers to win.  What he needs is PROTECTED.  

Cool, you saw enough from Iosivas for him to be the man eh?

I didn't, but would love for you to be right Stewy.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 04:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: I disagree completely.  Tee's replacement is already on the team.  If Burrow is what we think he is, he doesn't need a bunch of 1st round receivers to win.  What he needs is PROTECTED.  

I hope you’re right. I think Yoshi & C. Jones are perfectly capable filling in.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 07:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh, I don't want to wait to draft an OT till next year at all, just saying if the right OT's aren't there in the first I am for taking Tee's

Got it, though i think this draft is setting up great for us to have one of the top tier RTs sitting at 18, my projection of the first 17 picks is 4/5 QBs, 3/5 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Edge/DT, 2/3 CBs, that leaves 3 to 4 spots for tackles, so im pretty confident that one of these 3 will be there; Latham, Fuaga, Fashanu
Reply/Quote
Yoshi is a fine replacement as long as his catching improves... too many times last season he dropped a pass or had it ripped out
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Those wanting to trade Tee for draft capital do we really want another year with a Laverneus Coles type of number 2 receiver. That team underachieved I think Burrow is better than Palmer he still needs a number 2 receiver.
Reply/Quote