Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-27-2024, 05:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yoshi is a fine replacement as long as his catching improves... too many times last season he dropped a pass or had it ripped out

Ah yes, he is a fine player if the most important skill at his position improves..haha kidding, sort of. I get what you're saying but... still
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 05:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Got it, though i think this draft is setting up great for us to have one of the top tier RTs sitting at 18, my projection of the first 17 picks is 4/5 QBs, 3/5 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Edge/DT, 2/3 CBs, that leaves 3 to 4 spots for tackles, so im pretty confident that one of these 3 will be there; Latham, Fuaga, Fashanu

Hey, fine with either one of those 3 or even Mims with the Trent Brown addition.

I think RT is the most likely as well at 18. Just saying I am not RT or die.

(03-27-2024, 05:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yoshi is a fine replacement as long as his catching improves... too many times last season he dropped a pass or had it ripped out

No doubt, Yoshi has problems bringing the ball into his body. I guess having Tee on the Tag while Yoshi learns from him for another 
year while getting significant snaps when Tee goes down is Stewy's plan. I would prefer to trade Tee and add a more polished WR 
with great hands like Adonai Mitchell or Brian Thomas Jr myself.

(03-27-2024, 05:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Those wanting to trade Tee for draft capital do we really want another year with a Laverneus Coles type of number 2 receiver. That team underachieved I think Burrow is better than Palmer he still needs a number 2 receiver.

If we trade Tee we will Draft a WR somewhat early and we have done well in doing so. 

Coles was a washed up veteran FA, not a good comparison at all to where we are at right now with a loaded Draft at WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 05:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, fine with either one of those 3 or even Mims with the Trent Brown addition.

I think RT is the most likely as well at 18. Just saying I am not RT or die.

No doubt, Yoshi has problems bringing the ball into his body. I guess having Tee on the Tag while Yoshi learns from him for another 
year while getting significant snaps when Tee goes down is Stewy's plan. I would prefer to trade Tee and add a more polished WR 
with great hands like Adonai Mitchell or Brian Thomas Jr myself.

If we trade Tee we will Draft a WR somewhat early and we have done well in doing so. 

Coles was a washed up veteran FA, not a good comparison at all to where we are at right now with a loaded Draft at WR.

I would hope Yoshi is spending a lot of time with the strength coach, working on upper body, arms and hand strength. All of those things will help both his catching ability and also his ability to get off the LOS in press coverage. 

Yoshi was a raw talent and he improved as the year went on. He is also IVY league smart. I see both Jones and Yoshi taking huge strides in 2024. The Bengals may be thinking one more year of developmen for Yoshi and Jones with Higgins, then tag and trade Higgins in 2025. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, you saw enough from Iosivas for him to be the man eh?

I didn't, but would love for you to be right Stewy.

We didn't draft them to only play ST.  They both have tremendous potential that won't be realized sitting on the bench, and I'll say it again.....if Burrow is what we think he is, he'll get them the ball.
Reply/Quote
Out of all the excellent receivers we drafted only AJ and Chase were ready to start in year 1. Zac likes to throw more than any coach we ever had going in with unprovens not quite ready at the number 2 and number 3 spots is a recipe for disaster.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 09:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Out of all the excellent receivers we drafted only AJ and Chase were ready to start in year 1. Zac likes to throw more than any coach we ever had going in with unprovens not quite ready at the number 2 and number 3 spots is a recipe for disaster.

Good thing Yoshi and Charlie are 2nd year players.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 09:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Out of all the excellent receivers we drafted only AJ and Chase were ready to start in year 1. Zac likes to throw more than any coach we ever had going in with unprovens not quite ready at the number 2 and number 3 spots is a recipe for disaster.

Would you agree JB now has his best pass catching TE now with Gesicki? 

We still have Chase and Tee + Gesicki + Irwin + Yoshi + Jones. 

This is a great group for Joe, and we have not finished FA or drafted in 2024 yet. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Believe Yosi and Jones are fine to replace Boyd but if Tee gets moved as well think another WR will have to be drafted in first 3 rounds.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It’s really funny to me how we some want to get rid of Tee and consider him overrated.

And then on the other side, we talk up how great Irwin, Yoshi and Charlie jones are.

Jones and Yoshi may have potential and Irwin is a WR5 or 6 guy, at best… maybe Ps.

Tee Higgins played in 12 games last year- 42, 656, 5td.

Irwin has played in 33 games for career - 43, 586, 5td.

Someone is going to talk about targets and opportunities, but there is a reason that Irwin averages 1.3 catches per game.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 06:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe Yosi and Jones are fine to replace Boyd but if Tee gets moved as well think another WR will have to be drafted in first 3 rounds.

If Tee gets moved, we will have one of the most unproven WR groups in the entire NFL (outside of Chase).
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 08:09 PM)Stewy Wrote: We didn't draft them to only play ST.  They both have tremendous potential that won't be realized sitting on the bench, and I'll say it again.....if Burrow is what we think he is, he'll get them the ball.

Go look at the chiefs last year. Mahomes was putting in guys numbers and they were dropping balls left and right, if they were not fumbling. I think you are overrating them with the “tremendous” adjective.
Reply/Quote

Bro is this a serious response? U think yoshi is a fine replacement for Tee hahhahahahhahahahhahahah. While at the same time highlighting the fact that yoshi needs to improve the number 1 thing he supposed to be good at? Where do y’all come up with this stuff smh it’s like punching down even responding to a lot of y’all’s takes
Reply/Quote
IMHO, Tee stays this year and possibly next under the tag.

If he goes, WR becomes top priority. Even if he stays, I'd be shocked if we don't take a WR by the end of Day 2.

We aren't sending our WR coach to LSU and Texas pro days because we are set at WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 06:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe Yosi and Jones are fine to replace Boyd but if Tee gets moved as well think another WR will have to be drafted in first 3 rounds.

Hahahahah I just threw up. What’s going on in here?
Reply/Quote
Yoshi will be fine. The only flaw in his game is a technique one that is very coachable. He already has the length, the speed in spades and the smarts. If you want to see some examples look at the first Stealer game where Yoshi toasted the secondary all game - he was literally wide open waving at Browning who held the ball where Burrow would have thrown and gotten multiple TDs.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 10:17 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: IMHO, Tee stays this year and possibly next under the tag.

If he goes, WR becomes top priority. Even if he stays, I'd be shocked if we don't take a WR by the end of Day 2.

We aren't sending our WR coach to LSU and Texas pro days because we are set at WR.

we have a good history of playing dudes on the Tag and getting nothing when they walk the next year.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 09:54 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Go look at the chiefs last year.  Mahomes was putting in guys numbers and they were dropping balls left and right, if they were not fumbling.  I think you are overrating them with the “tremendous” adjective.

Didnt the Chiefs win the SB or am I remembering incorrectly?
Reply/Quote
some guy Wrote:Didnt the Chiefs win the SB or am I remembering incorrectly?

nice strawman. The bengals dont have an elite defense

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 10:51 AM)Stewy Wrote: Didnt the Chiefs win the SB or am I remembering incorrectly?

Here we go… yes the chiefs won the Super Bowl. That is a fact.

Yes, the chiefs led the league in drops last year, even though mahomes was putting the ball where it needed to be. That is also a fact.

Claiming jones and yoshi have tremendous upside is merely an opinion and not a fact.

My opinion, if I am allowed to have one, is that behind tee and Jamar, we don’t know what we have. We might have production, or we might have nothing.

My other opinion is that we can’t compare the outcome of the chiefs winning the superbowl to the bengals as the chiefs had a really strong defense. Their WR position group almost doomed their year and if it was any other team besides one led by HOF Reid and HOF Mahomes, they don’t even make the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 10:59 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Here we go… yes the chiefs won the Super Bowl.  That is a fact.

Yes, the chiefs led the league in drops last year, even though mahomes was putting the ball where it needed to be.  That is also a fact.

Claiming jones and yoshi have tremendous upside is merely an opinion and not a fact.

My opinion, if I am allowed to have one, is that behind tee and Jamar, we don’t know what we have.  We might have production, or we might have nothing.

My other opinion is that we can’t compare the outcome of the chiefs winning the superbowl to the bengals as the chiefs had a really strong defense.  Their WR position group almost doomed their year and if it was any other team besides one led by HOF Reid and HOF Mahomes, they don’t even make the postseason.

what helped the chiefs in the playoffs was Kelce finding the fountain of youth. He was washed all season, and then stepped it up when it mattered

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote