Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
Man Shannon Sharpe said take a 3rd and move on.

Like ***** shut up.

Tee is really really good. Late 1st or 2nd and a 3rd or we not even picking that shit up.

I’ll take 2 more seasons of Tee over a 3rd any day.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 09:44 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: It’s really funny to me how we some want to get rid of Tee and consider him overrated.  

And then on the other side, we talk up how great Irwin, Yoshi and Charlie jones are.  

Jones and Yoshi may have potential and Irwin is a WR5 or 6 guy, at best… maybe Ps.

Tee Higgins played in 12 games last year-  42, 656, 5td.

Irwin has played in 33 games for career - 43, 586, 5td.

Someone is going to talk about targets and opportunities,  but there is a reason that Irwin averages 1.3 catches per game.

Who's been saying that Tee's overrated? Can you highlight their posts?  I like Tee, think that he's a great athlete, but also feel that his contract demands are too much for the team to manage with Jamarr Chase firmly entrenched as WR1 on this team. If Tee and his agent were willing for him to be the best paid WR2, I could make a strong argument for wanting the team to come to an agreement with him.  As it is, with him seeking AAV of $25M+, I feel like he needs to go to a team where he will be a WR1 and get all of the recognition that he deserves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 11:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who's been saying that Tee's overrated? Can you highlight their posts?  I like Tee, think that he's a great athlete, but also feel that his contract demands are too much for the team to manage with Jamarr Chase firmly entrenched as WR1 on this team. If Tee and his agent were willing for him to be the best paid WR2, I could make a strong argument for wanting the team to come to an agreement with him.  As it is, with him seeking AAV of $25M+, I feel like he needs to go to a team where he will be a WR1 and get all of the recognition that he deserves.

We are talking about separate issues. Go back through this thread (I’m on phone so hard to highlight). You will see tee be called overrated, a malcontent, and then we have the whole “we have yoshi and Charlie jones crowd”. The fact folks are ok with tee leaving bc of two second year guys is laughable. Borderline histarical.

Tees contract demands are one thing and I agree with you. Separate from that is the production tee has on the field. We don’t have anyone on the roster, as of today, that can even begin to be 50% of his role.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 05:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Those wanting to trade Tee for draft capital do we really want another year with a Laverneus Coles type of number 2 receiver. That team underachieved I think Burrow is better than Palmer he still needs a number 2 receiver.

what does drafting a WR have anything to do with Coles? He was a over 30 FA that did not work out. Funny if you look at his 3 years prior to Cincinnati and compare that to Higgins past 3 years not as big a difference to games played and stats even with the increased passing era we are in. Games played Cole 44 Higgins 42, yards Cole 2010 Higgins 2776 TD boths 18.

But back to my point, we are not picking a FA with draft capital we hope to draft another Higgins, Boyd, Chad impact player all taken in 2nd round that will be around at least 5 to 10 years. that is why we would be trading for draft capital.. and we know how the college game has changed and the increase of WR depth is higher now than ever..
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 11:51 AM)Housh Wrote: Man Shannon Sharpe said take a 3rd and move on.

Like ***** shut up.

Tee is really really good. Late 1st or 2nd and a 3rd or we not even picking that shit up.

I don;t see a #1 coming for Tee, I see a 2nd and 4th as probably the market right now for him
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 12:32 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: We are talking about separate issues.  Go back through this thread (I’m on phone so hard to highlight).  You will see tee be called overrated, a malcontent, and then we have the whole “we have yoshi and Charlie jones crowd”.  The fact folks are ok with tee leaving bc of two second year guys is laughable.  Borderline histarical.

Tees contract demands are one thing and I agree with you.  Separate from that is the production tee has on the field.  We don’t have anyone on the roster, as of today, that can even begin to be 50% of his role.

Until those targets are given to other players, weather a single WR playing in a similar role, or divided up among several positions, we'll never know.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 12:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don;t see a #1 coming for Tee, I see a 2nd and 4th as probably the market right now for him

Does trading Tee help us win in 2024? I say maybe, depends on if we hit on the draft. Will his value be higher in 2025? I say yes as the 2024 WR class is excellent, most likely will be worse in 2025.

I also think it depends on the draft position of team seeking a trade for Tee. A 2nd round from the Pats is close to a 1st round pick. Bengals should listen to any team with top 5 pick in 2024 second round. They could get:

1st round - OT, OG, CB or WR
Top 5 2nd round pick - OT, OG, CB, DT
Our 2nd round pick - DT, OT, OG, WR, or CB

We can get 3 very good prospects in. the top 49 of the draft, with 2 in the top 37 of the draft.
We will also gain 22 million in cap space to use possibly for a guard like Risner or Peat
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 12:32 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: We are talking about separate issues.  Go back through this thread (I’m on phone so hard to highlight).  You will see tee be called overrated, a malcontent, and then we have the whole “we have yoshi and Charlie jones crowd”.  The fact folks are ok with tee leaving bc of two second year guys is laughable.  Borderline histarical.

Tees contract demands are one thing and I agree with you.  Separate from that is the production tee has on the field.  We don’t have anyone on the roster, as of today, that can even begin to be 50% of his role.

I get where you are coming from and if I moved TEE I would get aggressive early on in the Draft at receiver.

Take near Peak level 2021 Super Bowl Season Stats for both Tyler Boyd & TEE.

Boyd - 67 catches for 828 yards  5 tds

TEE - 74 catches 1,091 yards  6 TDs

Say the Bengals get a 2nd round pick for TEE that is in the 33 to 39 range  (Plus have his Tag Money to spend elsewhere)

If they took Brian Thomas JR in round 1 (TEE replacement) and say they take Xavier Leggette at pick #49 or #80 (Boyd replacement) 

(They still have that other 2nd round pick from the TEE trade to use at DT or OT etc)

Each year there are roughly 5 or so rookie receivers that actually get 800 to over 1,000 yards.

Brian Thomas JR ran a 4.33 forty at 6 foot 3 and 209 pounds with 1,177 yards 17 tds 17.4 yards per catch last year at LSU

Xavier Leggette ran a 4.39 forty at 6 foot 1 and 221 pounds with 1,255 yards 7 tds 17.7 yards per catch last year at South Carolina

*I would get these two rookies and move forward. (Others may like different rookies but use the same concept) 

Then BUILD up other areas of the Team with TEE's tag money and ALL other remaining Draft picks.

Zac & Burrow should be able to make something like this work. GAIN PRODUCTIVITY as the Season progresses &

have the two rookies clicking come Playoff time.

*The Chiefs got 79 catches 938 yards and 7 tds out of 2nd round 4.51 speed ROOKIE Rashee Rice last regular season.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 11:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who's been saying that Tee's overrated? Can you highlight their posts?  I like Tee, think that he's a great athlete, but also feel that his contract demands are too much for the team to manage with Jamarr Chase firmly entrenched as WR1 on this team. If Tee and his agent were willing for him to be the best paid WR2, I could make a strong argument for wanting the team to come to an agreement with him.  As it is, with him seeking AAV of $25M+, I feel like he needs to go to a team where he will be a WR1 and get all of the recognition that he deserves.

I said Tee was overrated by some on this board. Some act like we cannot get by without him and that we cannot replace him.

He is injured a lot and lately with hammy injuries which is an injury that tends to reoccur. He is good when he is healthy though for sure and 
can be a top WR 2 when healthy, but I don't think he is a #1 WR like Tee and his agent seem to think he is. Not fast enough and has trouble 
staying healthy to be a #1 and if he was always matched up against the best Corners on Defense and being the guy to take away I think Tee 
would struggle.

Tee isn't Ja'Marr.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 01:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: I get where you are coming from and if I moved TEE I would get aggressive early on in the Draft at receiver.

Take near Peak level 2021 Super Bowl Season Stats for both Tyler Boyd & TEE.

Boyd - 67 catches for 828 yards  5 tds

TEE - 74 catches 1,091 yards  6 TDs

Say the Bengals get a 2nd round pick for TEE that is in the 33 to 39 range  (Plus have his Tag Money to spend elsewhere)

If they took Brian Thomas JR in round 1 (TEE replacement) and say they take Xavier Leggette at pick #49 or #80 (Boyd replacement) 

(They still have that other 2nd round pick from the TEE trade to use at DT or OT etc)

Each year there are roughly 5 or so rookie receivers that actually get 800 to over 1,000 yards.

Brian Thomas JR ran a 4.33 forty at 6 foot 3 and 209 pounds with 1,177 yards 17 tds 17.4 yards per catch last year at LSU

Xavier Leggette ran a 4.39 forty at 6 foot 1 and 221 pounds with 1,255 yards 7 tds 17.7 yards per catch last year at South Carolina

*I would get these two rookies and move forward. (Others may like different rookies but use the same concept) 

Then BUILD up other areas of the Team with TEE's tag money and ALL other remaining Draft picks.

Zac & Burrow should be able to make something like this work. GAIN PRODUCTIVITY as the Season progresses &

have the two rookies clicking come Playoff time.

*The Chiefs got 79 catches 938 yards and 7 tds out of 2nd round 4.51 speed ROOKIE Rashee Rice last regular season.

I understand your thoughts. I do think we would need to wait until we knew we had Thomas with pick 18. So, a trade on day 2 knowing the other WR or another player is available with the pick we get from Higgins. If we trade him prior to the draft, then we could miss out on our board. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Agree with this Bengalbug wholeheartedly. To think Iosivas is the answer is pretty absurd to me. Dude is talented, but his problem is 
catching the ball and that is the worst problem for a WR to have. My problem with Tee isn't the player, it is the injuries, the cost and 
the fact he requested a trade and we have seen players not play their best on the Tag.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 02:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand your thoughts. I do think we would need to wait until we knew we had Thomas with pick 18. So, a trade on day 2 knowing the other WR or another player is available with the pick we get from Higgins. If we trade him prior to the draft, then we could miss out on our board. 

Your idea would be wise.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 11:02 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: what helped the chiefs in the playoffs was Kelce finding the fountain of youth. He was washed all season, and then stepped it up when it mattered

The current Chiefs are like the Brady era Patriots and old school Hulk Hogan.  They always suffer some losses early and people go "Woahhhhh look who is vulnerable!  Is this the end?" and then they turn it on and win at the end and the PPV ends when them posing victorious.

Actually, we've been doing this same thing lately where we are a middling or under .500 team early and we are like "Meh, Burrow will just Hulk-up and go on a 9 game winning streak and we'll be fine."  I will say though when KC got beaten to a pulp by the Raiders and their no-name QB it really looked like they were done for...just like Hulk Hogan taking Randy Savage's flying elbow in the main event in Wrestlemania V.  What a bunch of marks we are.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 03:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The current Chiefs are like the Brady era Patriots and old school Hulk Hogan.  They always suffer some losses early and people go "Woahhhhh look who is vulnerable!  Is this the end?" and then they turn it on and win at the end and the PPV ends when them posing victorious.

Actually, we've been doing this same thing lately where we are a middling or under .500 team early and we are like "Meh, Burrow will just Hulk-up and go on a 9 game winning streak and we'll be fine."  I will say though when KC got beaten to a pulp by the Raiders and their no-name QB it really looked like they were done for...just like Hulk Hogan taking Randy Savage's flying elbow in the main event in Wrestlemania V.  What a bunch of marks we are.

Which NFL Team is George "the Animal" Steele ?

They should eat a Pylon instead of a ring turnbuckle pad.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 01:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does trading Tee help us win in 2024? I say maybe, depends on if we hit on the draft. Will his value be higher in 2025? I say yes as the 2024 WR class is excellent, most likely will be worse in 2025.

I also think it depends on the draft position of team seeking a trade for Tee. A 2nd round from the Pats is close to a 1st round pick. Bengals should listen to any team with top 5 pick in 2024 second round. They could get:

1st round - OT, OG, CB or WR
Top 5 2nd round pick - OT, OG, CB, DT
Our 2nd round pick - DT, OT, OG, WR, or CB

We can get 3 very good prospects in. the top 49 of the draft, with 2 in the top 37 of the draft.
We will also gain 22 million in cap space to use possibly for a guard like Risner or Peat

I think 2025 is stock goes down, since i could see a hold out if we try to tag him again plus teams know they we have less control of him , you tend to get more trading on 1st tag than 2nd tag
Reply/Quote
I think production is more important than leverage in year 2. If Higgins is injured or has a bad year, his value is worse for the Bengals, but it also would hurt Tee. Who would want to pay a receiver #1 WR money if they felt he was an injury liability or tanked the season.

On other hand if he has a great year, his value escalates both for team and for Tee in my humble opinion.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 11:51 AM)Housh Wrote: Man Shannon Sharpe said take a 3rd and move on.

Like ***** shut up.

If Sharpe a Bengals fan or Ravens fan who he played for? I say Ravens and he wants the Bengals to be worse.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 03:33 PM)depthchart Wrote: Which NFL Team is George "the Animal" Steele ?

They should eat a Pylon instead of a ring turnbuckle pad.  Tongue

Right now?  I'd say the Detroit Lions.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 03:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think production is more important than leverage in year 2. If Higgins is injured or has a bad year, his value is worse for the Bengals, but it also would hurt Tee. Who would want to pay a receiver #1 WR money if they felt he was an injury liability or tanked the season.

On other hand if he has a great year, his value escalates both for team and for Tee in my humble opinion.

Sure hope this is how Tee looks at it if we don't trade him.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 02:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand your thoughts. I do think we would need to wait until we knew we had Thomas with pick 18. So, a trade on day 2 knowing the other WR or another player is available with the pick we get from Higgins. If we trade him prior to the draft, then we could miss out on our board. 

I think trading at that point is losing value. 

I would re-sign Boyd, as I alluded to in another thread, giving the Bengals a fallback of the CJ and Housh dynamic on offense, then deal Higgins.

This frees the Bengals to bulk up the trenches, which is the primary need, especially when you look forward at potentially losing Brown and Karras next season. I'd rather have Burrow throwing to the USA woman's soccer team (joke not because they are women, or terrible in the opinion of some, but because they cannot use their hands), and being healthy and protected next season, versus drafting for flash in a knee jerk reaction to trying to replace Tee.

Fix the trenches by protecting Burrow and getting a human wall of an NT.

Imagine games where Joe has Brady time in the pocket and doesn't have to score 25+ to sniff a win/..

We need meat, not flash, in the draft.
Reply/Quote