Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-28-2024, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope this is how Tee looks at it if we don't trade him.

I see a lot of fans say a tagged player is not happy and will pull out an injury to tank the season. I have yet to see a NFL player take that route. 

First, pay me 22 million for 1 year, 1 year and I would play a year and possibly retire and live off the interest of 12 million or so. My point is he may not like it, but hard to feel sorry for a guy making 22 million so in the court of public opinion with fans and more importantly NFL executives wanting him, bad idea to have a bad year in 2021.

Second, he can still agree to a longer-term contract with the Bengals. That is an option, it is up to him to decline the offer. My guess is a 4-year deal would be around 80 million with 55 million guaranteed. If that is the Bengal's offer to him for security, why would he say no? 

Last, he can ask permission to seek a trade with another team from our FO to see if he can find a team to sign him to more money long term and willing to give the Bengals their ask.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 05:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see a lot of fans say a tagged player is not happy and will pull out an injury to tank the season. I have yet to see a NFL player take that route. 

First, pay me 22 million for 1 year, 1 year and I would play a year and possibly retire and live off the interest of 12 million or so. My point is he may not like it, but hard to feel sorry for a guy making 22 million so in the court of public opinion with fans and more importantly NFL executives wanting him, bad idea to have a bad year in 2021.

Second, he can still agree to a longer-term contract with the Bengals. That is an option, it is up to him to decline the offer. My guess is a 4-year deal would be around 80 million with 55 million guaranteed. If that is the Bengal's offer to him for security, why would he say no? 

Last, he can ask permission to seek a trade with another team from our FO to see if he can find a team to sign him to more money long term and willing to give the Bengals their ask.

Ridley is older, was out of the league, not as good, and got 4 year 94M? Or something like that. Why would Tee take 80?

You saying you would take 12 and be set for life isn’t the same thing. That would be like someone from a third world country saying they would take the average American salary, $50k and be set for life. We can’t wrap our heads around $100M contracts, but these guys played and trained their entire life to be one of the best in the world. They work for a 500 Billion dollar company and they help grow that revenue year over year. They all earn and deserve what they get paid.

I wouldn’t take 80M if I think I’m work 100M. Just like I wouldn’t take $300k if I think I’m worth $500k. Or take $30k if I think I’m worth $50k.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 05:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see a lot of fans say a tagged player is not happy and will pull out an injury to tank the season. I have yet to see a NFL player take that route. 

He has already been granted to seek a trade
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 05:42 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Ridley is older, was out of the league, not as good, and got 4 year 94M? Or something like that. Why would Tee take 80?

You saying you would take 12 and be set for life isn’t the same thing. That would be like someone from a third world country saying they would take the average American salary, $50k and be set for life. We can’t wrap our heads around $100M contracts, but these guys played and trained their entire life to be one of the best in the world. They work for a 500 Billion dollar company and they help grow that revenue year over year. They all earn and deserve what they get paid.

I wouldn’t take 80M if I think I’m work 100M. Just like I wouldn’t take $300k if I think I’m worth $500k. Or take $30k if I think I’m worth $50k.

I agree, what you, I, or the King of Spain would take is irrelevant. 

Trade Tee to a team where he will get paid and the Bengals get at least a second round pick out of it and we all should be happy.

With the money saved, re-sign Boyd for familiarity, and another FA to fill a need, like CB.

Multiple holes filled, extra money available in the coffers, and additional draft picks to play with.

Maybe too much of a Madden mindset, but seems like an easy solution on paper...
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 10:59 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Here we go… yes the chiefs won the Super Bowl. That is a fact.

Yes, the chiefs led the league in drops last year, even though mahomes was putting the ball where it needed to be. That is also a fact.

Claiming jones and yoshi have tremendous upside is merely an opinion and not a fact.

My opinion, if I am allowed to have one, is that behind tee and Jamar, we don’t know what we have. We might have production, or we might have nothing.

My other opinion is that we can’t compare the outcome of the chiefs winning the superbowl to the bengals as the chiefs had a really strong defense. Their WR position group almost doomed their year and if it was any other team besides one led by HOF Reid and HOF Mahomes, they don’t even make the postseason.

So, in your opinion, do they have upside or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Tee is going nowhere.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/03/bengals-intend-to-keep-tee-higgins-jamarr-chase-extension-talks-have-not-begun
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 05:31 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: We need meat, not flash, in the draft.

Some could consider TEE to be Flash. 

Close to $22 million worth of Flash in 2024.

A Poster mentioned (I believe in another Thread) the idea of trading TEE straight up for Giants DT Dexter Lawrence II

Dexter would be DT Meat. (around 342 pounds of it)

Would you trade TEE straight up for Dexter ?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 05:42 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Ridley is older, was out of the league, not as good, and got 4 year 94M? Or something like that. Why would Tee take 80?

I think you missed my point. I agree everyone should get the most money they can out of their employer. My reference on retirement may have not been a good example.

All I was saying is Tee is likely going to be offered a long-term contract. If he does not like the offer, Bengals gave him permission to seek a trade. He has multiple options, play 1 year for 22 million (his projected cap value in 2024 is 19 million) so he is getting more than his 2024 projected salary. Or he can try and work out a 4- or 5-year deal with the Bengals or he can attempt to get a long-term contract with another team willing to give the Bengals most likely a minimum 2nd round pick, he was a very early second round pick, and his value has increased so the Bengals should be compensated equally to create a win-win scenario.

I think some fans are putting 100% of the responsibility on the team. It is on both Higgins and the team to work it out knowing one option is the tag in 2014 and Tee getting overpaid per the projections of his value in 2024.

As for the rest of us (i am now retired so rest of unretired), our employers don't guarantee a week of employment, what alone a year or more so yes, we are not in the same category as an athlete. The athlete needs to weigh and make the decision with his agent. Is guaranteed contract of 55 or 60 million more important than 1 year guaranteed of 22 million? He is young at 25, so hopefully no major injury, but years ago I remember K. Carter's knee injury and end of hsis career in a minute. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 10:51 AM)Stewy Wrote: Didnt the Chiefs win the SB or am I remembering incorrectly?

Having money to afford a defense is kind of important and plus the Bengals would still have Ja'Marr Chase to draw the double teams to free up the other WR's.

Gesiki is more of a WR than a TE as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 09:49 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If Tee gets moved, we will have one of the most unproven WR groups in the entire NFL (outside of Chase).

If Tee gets tagged instead of signed and feigns an injury just what will the Bengals have ? 

But that being said Chase is pretty darn good. Much better than what Mahomes is winning SB's with. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 10:19 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Hahahahah I just threw up.  What’s going on in here?

I believe Yoshi and Jones together will fill in adequately for Boyd and obviously Zac must as well per don't see them trying to keep Boyd..

Yet don't think either can be counted on to replace Tee if he is traded and the Bengals would have to draft a WR early if this happens and probably grab a camp cut as well.

Sorry if that makes you throw up while reading that but it's ok, we don't have to agree. 

If they want Tee, then sign him and quit messing around.  We saw what AJ Green did when tagged and knowing he was playing for a team that had no desire to sign him long term and believe a rookie trying to prove himself is a better gamble if Bengals don't sign Tee imo.  

Tee has earned it, give him the money or let another team do it, it's simple. He will be even more mad when Chase is signed and he still is not. They would not have done this with Burrow and won't do it with Chase, so why play hardball with Tee. 

Although about half team will be FA in the next year and the year after and they will have to watch them all leave if they do sign Tee. It's a tough decision that is forced by Joe getting over a million a week paycheck and Chase about to get 3/4's of a million a week . It is what it is when you have superstars.   

Yet there is a simple solution if he is that coveted by his teammates. Let Burrow and Chase take less money to help the team strike a fair deal with Higgins. Seems Tom Brady did this to win, but if both want to break the bank as they deserve then its hard to find the cabbage for Tee and still field a team around them.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 08:20 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If Tee gets tagged instead of signed and feigns an injury just what will the Bengals have ? 

But that being said Chase is pretty darn good. Much better than what Mahomes is winning SB's with. 

Kelce…Tyreek hill
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 09:22 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Kelce…Tyreek hill

Tyreek Hill has been a Dolphin for several years now ? 

Definitely was not part of this years SB Championship.

Kelce was, but Chase > Kelce

Glad you brought up Tyreek Hill though, because he is much better than Tee and Mahomes was able to kick him to the curb to keep a team built around him and not miss a beat with scrub WR's. Unfortunately Patrick is the reigning Champion, much to my chagrin though.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 11:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Tyreek Hill has been a Dolphin for several years now ? 

Definitely was not part of this years SB Championship.

Kelce was, but Chase > Kelce

Glad you brought up Tyreek Hill though, because he is much better than Tee and Mahomes was able to kick him to the curb to keep a team built around him and not miss a beat with scrub WR's. Unfortunately Patrick is the reigning Champion, much to my chagrin though.

Tyreek was there and helped them win their first Super Bowl.

Kelce has been there the whole time.

They have Andy Reid.

They might have the best QB… of all time. It’s heading that way, which is nuts.

Their defense was sick.

The last five losers in the Super Bowl have had aiyuk/deebo/kittle, kelce/hill, Chase/higgins/boyd, smith/brown/goedert and aiyuk/deebo/kittle. You could even go back 6 years and the rams team that lost to the patriots had two 1,000 yard receivers.

Something to be said about having good playmakers and making the big dance.

The last team that didn’t have mahomes or Brady at QB, that made the Super Bowl with less than two great offensive weapons was the eagles in 2018.

The last two years are the exception, not the rule.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 10:17 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Bro is this a serious response?  U think yoshi is a fine replacement for Tee hahhahahahhahahahhahahah. While at the same time highlighting the fact that yoshi needs to improve the number 1 thing he supposed to be good at?  Where do y’all come up with this stuff smh it’s like punching down even responding to a lot of y’all’s takes

You are welcome to stay on the Reddit or Facebook groups.... 

I don't have the time or energy to engage in bs 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 12:06 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Tyreek was there and helped them win their first Super Bowl.

Kelce has been there the whole time.

They have Andy Reid.

They might have the best QB… of all time.  It’s heading that way, which is nuts.

Their defense was sick.

The last five losers in the Super Bowl have had aiyuk/deebo/kittle, kelce/hill, Chase/higgins/boyd, smith/brown/goedert and aiyuk/deebo/kittle.  You could even go back 6 years and the rams team that lost to the patriots had two 1,000 yard receivers.

Something to be said about having good playmakers and making the big dance.  

The last team that didn’t have mahomes or Brady at QB, that made the Super Bowl with less than two great offensive weapons was the eagles in 2018.

The last two years are the exception, not the rule.

Mahomes only had one playmaker last season when winning and the reason their defense was sick is because they did not pay Tyreek Hill to stay as people want the Bengals to do with Tee.

Was great for them when their stars were on rookie contracts and for the Bengals too. That ship has sailed for both teams now and creativity must come into play to stay great. Andy Reid gets that, we will see if the Bengals do or not soon or do they bow to the fans wishes.

You seem to think highly of Andy Reid, do you not like his blueprint for the success he has laid out by not paying Hill and keeping the team strong instead of just the WR's group ?

P.S. Burrow is no slouch. and Chase will be here the whole time as Kelce has been for them.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 07:04 PM)depthchart Wrote: Some could consider TEE to be Flash. 

A Poster mentioned (I believe in another Thread) the idea of trading TEE straight up for Giants DT Dexter Lawrence II

I would be in favor of that, as Lawernce signed an extension in May of 2023 for 90 million, 60M of which was guaranteed, which would make him a bargain for the duration of his contract. In addition, they recently restructured his contract, converting 10M of this year's 16M salary into bonus to free up cap room.

Lawrence for Higgins would be a steal and make the Bengals d-line one of the top 5 in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 07:04 PM)depthchart Wrote: Some could consider TEE to be Flash. 

(03-29-2024, 08:31 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I would be in favor of that, as Lawernce signed an extension in May of 2023 for 90 million, 60M of which was guaranteed, which would make him a bargain for the duration of his contract. In addition, they recently restructured his contract, converting 10M of this year's 16M salary into bonus to free up cap room.

Lawrence for Higgins would be a steal and make the Bengals d-line one of the top 5 in the NFL.

I would be absolutely thrilled beyond belief if the Bengals negotiated a player for player deal for Dexter Lawrence. Yes, please!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 06:18 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Mahomes only had one playmaker last season when winning and the reason their defense was sick is because they did not pay Tyreek Hill to stay as people want the Bengals to do with Tee.

Was great for them when their stars were on rookie contracts and for the Bengals too. That ship has sailed for both teams now and creativity must come into play to stay great. Andy Reid gets that, we will see if the Bengals do or not soon or do they bow to the fans wishes.

You seem to think highly of Andy Reid, do you not like his blueprint for the success he has laid out by not paying Hill and keeping the team strong instead of just the WR's group ?

P.S. Burrow is no slouch. and Chase will be here the whole time as Kelce has been for them.  

I think trying to model your teams after Mahomes/Reid and Brady/Bill B is going to be a tall order.

The last 3 years we have had positional strength vs most opponents in 2 areas (QB and WR). If we go into 2024 without Tee, our only position strength, vs most opponents, at this point would be QB. That still has time to change, but I don’t see that positional strength coming from anywhere else, this year. I think from a roster construction standpoint, we NEED tee this year and we better hit on some draft picks to set up other areas to become a position strength vs opponents from a week to week standpoint.

The chiefs, last year, had QB, TE and defense.

I know JB isn’t a slouch, never said he was. But at this point he (along with every other QB) is a pretty distant second to mahomes. Even the chiefs went out and got themselves a somewhat proven commodity in marquise brown this year. What they had last year wasn’t sustainable, hence the move.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 08:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would be absolutely thrilled beyond belief if the Bengals negotiated a player for player deal for Dexter Lawrence. Yes, please!

In this scenario, we transition from a positional strength from WR to Dline, I think that works.
Reply/Quote