Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
I see a consensus forming to trade Tee for an early 2nd rounder, maybe to draft Sweat. I wouldn't Trade Tee unless the Bengals are offered a deal too good to pass up. If they want Sweat and think he will be gone by the time they pick in the 2nd, and he probably will be, I would see if I could move the 97th pick and trade up with maybe Carolina, Arizona, N.E. or Washington and pick up Sweat. I think Tee is more valuable to the team then the 97th pick over all. That's what I would try to do. What do you all think?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 06:48 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I see a consensus forming to trade Tee for an early 2nd rounder, maybe to draft Sweat. I wouldn't Trade Tee unless the Bengals are offered a deal too good to pass up. If they want Sweat and think he will be gone by the time they pick in the 2nd, and he probably will be, I would see if I could move the 97th pick and trade up with maybe Carolina, Arizona, N.E. or Washington and pick up Sweat. I think Tee is more valuable to the team then the 97th pick over all. That's what I would try to do. What do you all think?

I think if Tee is healthy and wanting to be here he is more valuable then the 97th pick overall. But he is oft injured and is requesting a 
trade. I would take what the Patriots supposedly offered in a second which was an early 2nd rounder and take Sweat right there so we
don't even have to trade up for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 06:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think if Tee is healthy and wanting to be here he is more valuable then the 97th pick overall. But he is oft injured and is requesting a 
trade. I would take what the Patriots supposedly offered in a second which was an early 2nd rounder and take Sweat right there so we

You know what I think. 

We should not trade Higgins at all unless it is a lopsided deal for us. It creates a massive hole and we already have other massive holes we need filled (NT, WR3, CB4, TE1). 

If one assumes OT in Rd1, and even if we take TE1 off the board and roll with Sample/Gesicki/Hudson, we then need to fill WR2, WR3, NT, and CB4 in rounds 2-3 with 4 picks. 

Possible but asking a lot. And we'll be sitting on $35 mil in cap, which is criminal for a supposed contender. 

A massive wasted opportunity and missllocation of resources. 

EDIT: other than maybe CB4, I do not see how that cap space helps us this year. And I think we can sign a CB4 with what we have left now.

I guess some impact WR, CB, NT, or TE could be cut post draft or in camp, but we cannot count in that to fill a starting void.

I'd rather trade him for a player. How about Dexter Lawrence on the Giants? NT is no longer a problem. Sign CB4 with cap space. Go OT, WR, WR +1 with first four picks.

Heck, I still hate it.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:04 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Tee isnt overrated, he is appropriately rated. He is a top 20 WR in the league, which is why the conversation of late first early second is happening. If he was a top 5, they could get just about anything for him.

If he wasn’t a top 20, trade chatter wouldn’t even be happening.

1000 times this
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 06:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think if Tee is healthy and wanting to be here he is more valuable then the 97th pick overall. But he is oft injured and is requesting a 

Agree 100%. Plus there will be some camp cuts to spend some of the money saved on. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 08:03 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Our 1st and 2nd are worth 1310 points which could move us up to about 9th or 10th.  Chicago, at 9, doesn't currently have a 2nd rounder, so they could maybe listen to a trade offer from us. 

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=cin

This what I would try to do then. Move up and grab a solid WR if Nabors or Odunze or even the TE Bowers fell to 9. Then grab Sweat with the early 2nd and lets roll. 

But if they like Thomas or another WR they could stay pat probably and keep all their picks giving them a 1st, two 2nd's, and two 3rd round picks and a slew of late round picks if they want to move up in the 4th or 5th for a player. 

Think it would be a good problem to have, much better than a disgruntled WR.  Plus an extra $21 million to spend on maybe one of the CB's left out there and a camp cut or two.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 07:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This what I would try to do then. Move up and grab a solid WR if Nabors or Odunze or even the TE Bowers feel to 9. Then grab Sweat with the early 2nd and lets roll. 

But if they like Thomas or another WR they could stay pat probably and keep all their picks giving them a 1st, two 2nd's, and two 3rd round picks and a slew of late round picks if they want to move up in the 4th or 5th for a player. 

Think it would be a good problem to have, much better than a disgruntled WR.  Plus an extra $21 million to spend on maybe one of the CB's left out there and a camp cut or two.  

So you are good passing on the future RT in a deep 1st round RT draft and leave the future in the hands of a 31 year old, one year rental that has only fully completed 1 season in the past 5 years, average missing 5 games a year starting at RT . Im happy we picked up a veteran but no way am i passing on a RT especially in the first two rounds. The bigger picture idea i feel is get that extra 2nd round pick for Tee... go 1st round RT, 2nd round go DT and WR, order depends on the Bengals board. Now you have your franchise RT , replacement WR for Higgins and depth with possible starter at DT
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 07:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You know what I think. 

We should not trade Higgins at all unless it is a lopsided deal for us. It creates a massive hole and we already have other massive holes we need filled (NT, WR3, CB4, TE1). 

If one assumes OT in Rd1, and even if we take TE1 off the board and roll with Sample/Gesicki/Hudson, we then need to fill WR2, WR3, NT, and CB4 in rounds 2-3 with 4 picks. 

Possible but asking a lot. And we'll be sitting on $35 mil in cap, which is criminal for a supposed contender. 

EDIT: other than maybe CB4, I do not see how that cap space helps us this year. And I think we can sign a CB4 with what we have left now.

I guess some impact WR, CB, NT, or TE could be cut post draft or in camp, but we cannot count in that to fill a starting void.

I'd rather trade him for a player.  How about Dexter Lawrence on the Giants? NT is no longer a problem. Sign CB4 with cap space. Go OT, WR, WR +1 with first four picks.

Heck, I still hate it.

Yep, we trade Tee that leaves a massive hole on the Offense. Do you think Burrow would enjoy losing Boyd and Higgins in the same off season? Do you think Jones and Iosivas could fill that void? That would be a tall order. Yes, we could draft another WR but that WR would not know the playbook like Tee does. A new WR would have to learn the routes and get his timing down with Burrow. WR's need some time to adjust their game at the pro level. They are not as plug and play as a RB is. Yes, Tee has been injured but he has also been productive for us. That's why I would keep him. Yes, he wants traded and yes he won't show up until he has to but he will sign his contract and play just like Bates did.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:23 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If that’s what they really offered he should already be a patriot imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They get their OT, NT, and whatever the hell they want with #68, or whatever it was, WR if they want. Besides that, it frees up 25 million towards any FAs that they desire. 

Easy decision imo.  
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 07:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you are good passing on the future RT in a deep 1st round RT draft and leave the future in the hands of a 31 year old, one year rental that has only fully completed 1 season in the past 5 years, average missing 5 games a year starting at RT .  Im happy we picked up a veteran but no way am i passing on a RT especially in the first two rounds.  The bigger picture idea i feel is get that extra 2nd round pick for Tee... go 1st round RT, 2nd round go DT and WR, order depends on the Bengals board.  Now you have your franchise RT , replacement WR for Higgins and depth with possible starter at DT

With Tee and Boyd gone I feel it would be paramount to get a weapon there and could always address RT in FA next year and draft one to boot. 

Plus the Bengals track record at drafting OL is no sure thing that he would become a franchise RT. 

Although I get it and am almost always the guy that says draft trenches instead of new shiny toys. Believe it would be the exception to the rule if losing the starting RB, WR#2 AND WR#3 though. 

So yes, I'm ok with it per a drafted RT may not even play this season unless someone moves to Guard and bumps Volson out. Bengals have many late round picks to take flyers on OL as well or could use one or two of their 3rd round picks too.

Yet will be ok with it if they do defat OL early, but not what I would do if trading Tee

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 07:46 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Yep, we trade Tee that leaves a massive hole on the Offense. Do you think Burrow would enjoy losing Boyd and Higgins in the same off season? Do you think Jones and Iosivas could fill that void? That would be a tall order. Yes, we could draft another WR but that WR would not know the playbook like Tee does. A new WR would have to learn the routes and get his timing down with Burrow. WR's need some time to adjust their game at the pro level. They are not as plug and play as a RB is. Yes, Tee has been injured but he has also been productive for us. That's why I would keep him. Yes, he wants traded and yes he won't show up until he has to but he will sign his contract and play just like Bates did.

There are 2 very good LSU WR's in draft to make Burrow and Chase happy. Plus playing like Bates did (not to get hurt) is what scares me the most.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 08:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: There are 2 very good LSU WR's in draft to make Burrow and Chase happy. Plus playing like Bates did (not to get hurt) is what scares me the most.

I fear Higgins will pull that too

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 07:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You know what I think. 

I'd rather trade him for a player.  How about Dexter Lawrence on the Giants? NT is no longer a problem. Sign CB4 with cap space. Go OT, WR, WR +1 with first four picks.

Heck, I still hate it.

Geez Ike, we aren't that far off and I love the Dexter Lawrence trade thought for Tee. I just cannot trust Tee to stay healthy even if I 
love the guy. He isn't irreplaceable like Ja'Marr is. Give me your thought of Fuaga, Polk, Leggette and I love it after trading Tee for DL.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 08:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: With Tee and Boyd gone I feel it would be paramount to get a weapon there and could always address RT in FA next year and draft one to boot. 

Plus the Bengals track record at drafting OL is no sure thing that he would become a franchise RT. 

Although I get it and am almost always the guy that says draft trenches instead of new shiny toys. Believe it would be the exception to the rule if losing the starting RB, WR#2 AND WR#3 though. 

So yes, I'm ok with it per a drafted RT may not even play this season unless someone moves to Guard and bumps Volson out. Bengals have many late round picks to take flyers on OL as well or could use one or two of their 3rd round picks too.

Yet will be ok with it if they do defat OL early, but not what I would do if trading Tee

Well their track record in dratling Tackles in the 1st 20 picks is actually very good, and they have had their bust also at WRs, Ross (9) and Warrick (4) comes to mind... and when did we draft Tee?? 2nd round correct, no reason with the abundance of talent now at WR, we can get a quality replacement, and if we use your draft logic, they should draft well in 2nd round for a WR
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 10:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well their track record in dratling Tackles in the 1st 20 picks is actually very good, and  they have had their bust also at WRs, Ross (9) and Warrick (4) comes to mind... and when did we draft Tee??  2nd round correct, no reason with the abundance of talent now at WR, we can;t get a quality replacement, and if we use your draft logic, they should draft well in 2nd round for a WR

That is true.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: IF we were gonna trade Higgins, we should have done so before FA, when that extra $22 mil could have done some good.

IDK, Reader + Fuller maybe? Wilkins instead of Rankins?

Doing it now would be admitting you have bungled the contract sutuation so bad he won't play this year AND you were too stupid to realize it when it could have helped the team more.

Was there a trade offer?
Reply/Quote
If Brian Thomas Jr. is still available at 18, I'd see if the Cardinals were willing to give up either 27 or 34 for Tee, and then sign Tyler Boyd after the draft as an insurance policy since it looks like no one else is going to sign him. Plus, given how likely Tee it is that Tee will miss part of the season, the projected yards for Tee and Boyd would probably each be around the same. Brian Thomas Jr reminds me of what Tee was like when he could stay on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:51 PM)CJD Wrote: If the Patriots are offering #34 + #68, I'd be awfully tempted to accept that trade.

I dont know that they are.  That was just my suggestion.  I think Tee is worth a 1st round pick from somebody.  However, New England's 1st round pick is the #3 pick in the draft so there is no way they are trading that.  Their 2nd and 3rd round picks combined would give you an 810 point value if you go by the draft trade chart.  That would be equal to about the #21 pick.  If we threw in our 5th or 4th round pick that would drop the value back another 1-3 spots which would make a better trade for New England.  They would only be losing their 2nd round pick and swapping their 3rd with our 4th or 5th.  It seems doable to me but Im not a GM so what do i know.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 02:58 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Not sure if anyone posted this, but Tee put out a list of QB's he would like to catch balls from,

Borrow
Lamar Jackson
CJ Stroud
Trevor Lawrence
Josh Allen

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/tee-higgins-trade-rumors-swirling-names-top-quarterback-preferences

originally from NBC Sports

He might like to catch balls from those guys but unless those teams are 1) willing to trade for him and 2) willing to pay Tee the large contract he wants, its not going to happen.  What is more important to Tee, catching balls from guys like Burrow, Jackson etc... or getting the large 2nd contract?    At this point he should probably go to whatever team can pay him that large contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 10:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well their track record in dratling Tackles in the 1st 20 picks is actually very good, and  they have had their bust also at WRs, Ross (9) and Warrick (4) comes to mind... and when did we draft Tee??  2nd round correct, no reason with the abundance of talent now at WR, we can get a quality replacement, and if we use your draft logic, they should draft well in 2nd round for a WR

You had to go back almost a quarter of a century to use Warrick as an example. Yet agree and hate drafting both of those runt WR's early and believe MB forced both picks. Was so mad when Ross was taken when the Bengals desperately needed OL help that I left the draft party at PBS immediately fuming. 

Although this coaching regime has not missed on any WR's taken but has still not hit on any OL players except Jonah unless we count Volson as a hit. 

Just don't see the need to take a player that won't start with the SB window open unless Tee is kept which would be a mistake imo. The window closes some very soon when Chase is signed and is probably merely cracked open if Tee and Chase are signed. Then they will have to hit in the draft.

Plus I see you magically use the first 20 picks of the draft to leave out the huge can't miss OT failure Cedric Ogbuehi selected with the 21st pick who is in much more recent history than Warrick, 18 is not much difference than 21. Yet am fine if the Bengals wait until 2nd or 3rd round if their board dictates that a player they covet will be available. 

Now Ross was a big debacle especially when the Bengals needed OL help per losing Whitworth and Zeitler that season. Will never believe a coach made that decision and think that was the owners doing. Yet doubt the owner ever picks OL players per he hired a consultant when they drafted Zeitler even when it was known they would take an OL. Believe he was the last even ok OL selected and that was 12 years ago. Love bolstering the trenches but they seem to do better with FA than draft picks. 

To rehash, Zac has taken Chase, Tee, Iosivas, Chuck Sizzle at WR and Jonah, Carman, D'Ante Smith, Adeniji, and Volson at OL. Like his track record at WR better than OL personally. By the way I would have taken Penei Sewell over Chase and tried to hit in 2nd round on WR, but maybe I was wrong.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote