Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals saying their WR's They Like on Bengals.com
The video of Bengals scout mentions all the things Bengals are looking for in a WR in the NFL.......Here are 4 guys they think can come in and contribute as rookies to a team.

# 1....Michael Thomas, Ohio State.....Bengals think he has it all to contribute early.
# 2....Tyler Boyd, Pittsburg
# 3....Jordan Payton, UCLA
# 4....Corey Coleman, Baylor

Bengals say these 4 have what they are looking for in a WR....speed, hands, go up and get the ball, blocking, special teams.

Now how much of this is smoke screen and playing poker on who they really want, we will find out....Weeks ago, Bengals.com posted Collinsworth raving about Notre Dames Fuller, worlds fastest human in this draft. ....

Coach Lewis says with only 7 picks, he would love to trade down and get more picks and he also wants to bring in more undrafted players than ever before

HOW ABOUT LINEBACKERS ???......Bengals like these 4 on Bengals.com video

#1.....Myles Jack, UCLA
#2....Jaylon Smith, Notre Dame
#3....Leonard Floyd, Georgia
#4....Darron Leee, Ohio State

If Bengals really do like these 8 players as they say, don't be surprised if somewhere in the draft one or two don't become Bengals.  We have need for both a WR and a LB....as well as other position needs. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
God I hope we don't take Thomas at 24. ZERO mock drafts have him going in the first round. Trade back and take him by all means, but don't bypass superior talent to do so.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 07:45 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: God I hope we don't take Thomas at 24. ZERO mock drafts have him going in the first round. Trade back and take him by all means, but don't bypass superior talent to do so.

Fwiw, I never saw Zeitler going in the 1st in any mocks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 07:45 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: God I hope we don't take Thomas at 24. ZERO mock drafts have him going in the first round. Trade back and take him by all means, but don't bypass superior talent to do so.

I tend to agree......at 6-3, he would be like a tall  Henry type.....great route runner, speed, size.....Bengals think he can step right in and have a good season....but as you say, if he isn't that high up the boards, trade down and take him more end of 1 or early in 2. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Whelp.... This cinches it.

Eli Apple in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 08:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Whelp.... This cinches it.

Eli Apple in the 1st.

Eli's Coming.......maybe......draft starts any minute now. .......no, you'll never get away, Eli's Coming
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'd love to steal Apple, and crush the Steelers hearts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Crushed their hearts in a different way!
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
That run on WRs killed us....but still 3 of the 4 Bengals claimed they like on the boards,,,,problem is, we draft so late, we are almost in round 3......May have to trade up to get Thomas or Boyd.......Payton should be there near round 3 because he is rated as a 4 0r 5 round pick. ....I'm hoping we get 6'3" Michael Thomas, speed and size and Bengals claim he fits right into their system.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:58 AM)kevin Wrote: That run on WRs killed us....but still 3 of the 4 Bengals claimed they like on the boards,,,,problem is, we draft so late, we are almost in round 3......May have to trade up to get Thomas or Boyd.......Payton should be there near round 3 because he is rated as a 4 0r 5 round pick. ....I'm hoping we get 6'3" Michael Thomas, speed and size and Bengals claim he fits right into their system.

I wouldn't play it that way. It would be better to take a project in a later round -- they have Lafell as their WR#2 for the moment (and our real #2 is Eifert). I'd take Boyd if he fell to us in the 2nd. I know the coaches met with Daniel Braverman -- he's undersized but outworks other players, so that could be another option in 2 or later. That said, I'd prefer Charone Peake -- he's faster and bigger than Braverman and will probably be around after the 3rd round. Peake's issue is he is an underachiever, but maybe that works -- you get a WR#2 who isn't demanding the ball all the time.  

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 07:27 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I wouldn't play it that way. It would be better to take a project in a later round -- they have Lafell as their WR#2 for the moment (and our real #2 is Eifert). I'd take Boyd if he fell to us in the 2nd. I know the coaches met with Daniel Braverman -- he's undersized but outworks other players, so that could be another option in 2 or later. That said, I'd prefer Charone Peake -- he's faster and bigger than Braverman and will probably be around after the 3rd round. Peake's issue is he is an underachiever, but maybe that works -- you get a WR#2 who isn't demanding the ball all the time.  
People keep saying eifert is the #2 it bugs me,yes he's #2target but not #2 receiver,we need a guy who can play the ooutside,and be able to go deep,Brandon lefell cannot go deep,patriot fans say the longer he goes out,the worse his hands are.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:11 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: People keep saying eifert is the #2 it bugs me,yes he's #2target but not #2 receiver,we need a guy who can play the ooutside,and be able to go deep,Brandon lefell cannot go deep,patriot fans say the longer he goes out,the worse his hands are.

Patriot fans are literally just salty because he had that one terrible game where he dropped every pass. You seen the way people write about Marvin Jones and Sanu on here? "Bengal fans keep saying Sanu is a bum that can't get open, and Marvin Jones only had one good year!".
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 07:34 PM)kevin Wrote: The video of Bengals scout mentions all the things Bengals are looking for in a WR in the NFL.......Here are 4 guys they think can come in and contribute as rookies to a team.

# 1....Michael Thomas, Ohio State.....Bengals think he has it all to contribute early.
# 2....Tyler Boyd, Pittsburg
# 3....Jordan Payton, UCLA
# 4....Corey Coleman, Baylor

Bengals say these 4 have what they are looking for in a WR....speed, hands, go up and get the ball, blocking, special teams.

Now how much of this is smoke screen and playing poker on who they really want, we will find out....Weeks ago, Bengals.com posted Collinsworth raving about Notre Dames Fuller, worlds fastest human in this draft. ....

Coach Lewis says with only 7 picks, he would love to trade down and get more picks and he also wants to bring in more undrafted players than ever before

HOW ABOUT LINEBACKERS ???......Bengals like these 4 on Bengals.com video

#1.....Myles Jack, UCLA
#2....Jaylon Smith, Notre Dame
#3....Leonard Floyd, Georgia
#4....Darron Leee, Ohio State

If Bengals really do like these 8 players as they say, don't be surprised if somewhere in the draft one or two don't become Bengals.  We have need for both a WR and a LB....as well as other position needs. 

myles jack might slide to us... Would you bite?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: myles jack might slide to us... Would you bite?

Lapham says cartilage is growing INTO his knee, not good.

Said 75% chance he won't ever be the same. Sounds even worse than Jaylon Smith.

I don't think it is worth the gamble today, maybe tomorrow for one of them.

Rather go after Jaylon Smith if he is there tomorrow honestly after hearing this.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lapham says cartilage is growing INTO his knee, not good.

Rather go after Jaylon Smith if he is there tomorrow honestly after hearing this.

Mentioned this in another thread but Jaylon SMith is in a much worse situation than Jack. Jack could get Micro Fracture down the line and keep going, but there is a chance Smith like Marcus Lattimore never plays. The reward may be higher on Smith but Jack has a much better chance of contributing something.

Also the growing into knee thing I am not sure is correct. The reports have been the cartilage is separating from the knee.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: Mentioned this in another thread but Jaylon SMith is in a much worse situation than Jack. Jack could get Micro Fracture down the line and keep going, but there is a chance Smith like Marcus Lattimore never plays. The reward may be higher on Smith but Jack has a much better chance of contributing something.

Also the growing into knee thing I am not sure is correct. The reports have been the cartilage is separating from the knee.

Thanks for this, big difference. Might be willing to take a gamble on Jack tomorrow then.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lapham says cartilage is growing INTO his knee, not good.

(04-29-2016, 12:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: Mentioned this in another thread but Jaylon SMith is in a much worse situation than Jack. Jack could get Micro Fracture down the line and keep going, but there is a chance Smith like Marcus Lattimore never plays. The reward may be higher on Smith but Jack has a much better chance of contributing something.

I wouldn't risk either one in the second. There's a ton of talent left, why take a player that's that big of a question mark?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:53 PM)Benton Wrote: I wouldn't risk either one in the second. There's a ton of talent left, why take a player that's that big of a question mark?

Because Jack will play, it's a matter of how long until he needs surgery. Could be this contract could be next, but he provides top 5 talent in the 2nd round until then. Smith I agree with you, too much risk in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote