Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I was at the game yesterday...
(01-03-2022, 03:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's pretty funny to read about your child. My son saw my excitement when they won and then was like, "I guess you really have taken them not winning a playoff game since you were around my age hard." It's crazy to think about it from my own perspective. The last time they Bengals were "it" and went to the Super Bowl I was basically the age my son is now. I sooooooooo hope Taylor, Burrow, and everyone else can get us a playoff win and more.

I was in 8th grade when they went to the 88 Super Bowl... Just turned 47 in October. I had to explain my seemingly random outbursts of Go Ja'Marr!!! C'mon Joe!!! or Arrrgh!!! from yesterday to my 6 year old... She was 2 months old the last time we were in the playoffs. Basically told her they've sucked her entire life, and have barely been watchable.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:26 PM)jason Wrote: I was in 8th grade when they went to the 88 Super Bowl... Just turned 47 in October. I had to explain my seemingly random outbursts of Go Ja'Marr!!! C'mon Joe!!! or Arrrgh!!! from yesterday to my 6 year old... She was 2 months old the last time we were in the playoffs. Basically told her they've sucked her entire life, and have barely been watchable.

It's funny to see I'm not the only one sharing woebegone tales with my kids. My son did remind me that he told me Burrow and Chase were going to carry the Bengals this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I realize this is all meaningless, but I was a freshman in college when the Bengals went to their first Super Bowl. This year my oldest child is a freshman in college.
Reply/Quote
Well, I believe you're wrong again because it's far more difficult in society (this board is just a microcosm) for one to admit one is wrong as you're not taking the high road here, either. What you said earlier was incorrect by your flailing words and a simple apology, a "my bad" or admittance and the poster(s) hurling those at you probably wouldn't. It's really not that difficult....for some.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:19 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You're wrong. You said if there was a vibe then everyone would feel it but in the post I'm addressing you claim there are "some people" that maybe feel the vibe which means not everyone does. 

When I was talking about people who hear voices in their heads I was talking about people who are IMAGINING things.  I was not talking about "reality".  I was talking about a delusional perception of reality.  When I talk about people who think they can fly I am not admitting that some people can fly.

(01-03-2022, 05:19 PM)higgy100 Wrote:  Just admit you're wrong and then people won't hurl insults at you. Not that difficult.

How about everyone grow up and stop hurling personal insults at people just because you think you are right and they are wrong. 

Not that difficult
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know if you were there, but screw 2005, this team has me feeling exactly what I was feeling with both the Anderson and Esiason led Super Bowl teams. Complete teams, both sides of the ball. We can win it all this year, and if we don't, we'll reload in the draft and FA and be right back here next year.

So many eerie similarities to the '88 team. 

Coming off a 4 win season. Check
Hotshot young QB. Check
Rookie sensation. Check
Middling D with a strong DBfield. Check
Explosive offense. Check
Beat the #1 seed in the AFC late in the year, at home. Check
and the topper...
Female media member on the bandwagon. Check

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So many eerie similarities to the '88 team. 

Coming off a 4 win season. Check
Hotshot young QB. Check
Rookie sensation. Check
Middling D with a strong DBfield. Check
Explosive offense. Check
Beat the #1 seed in the AFC late in the year, at home. Check
and the topper...
Female media member on the bandwagon. Check

Please just don't say "Defensive player drops an INT in the Super Bowl. Check."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When I was talking about people who hear voices in their heads I was talking about people who are IMAGINING things.  I was not talking about "reality".  I was talking about a delusional perception of reality.  When I talk about people who think they can fly I am not admitting that some people can fly.

How about everyone grow up and stop hurling personal insults at people just because you think you are right and they are wrong. 

Not that difficult

Many posters are simply pointing out your poor interpersonal skills. Any forum negativity between you and countless posters is only a you problem. It's why you receives forum bans. Post history don't lie, bigman.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Please just don't say "Defensive player drops an INT in the Super Bowl. Check."

Nah. They're not going to get the #1 seed in the AFC like the '88 team did, so anything after that is subject to change. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. They're not going to get the #1 seed in the AFC like the '88 team did, so anything after that is subject to change. 

I like this thinking and approve. Plus, we're blowing out the opposition in the Super Bowl with Burrow throwing 4 or 5 TDs.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's pretty funny to read about your child. My son saw my excitement when they won and then was like, "I guess you really have taken them not winning a playoff game since you were around my age hard." It's crazy to think about it from my own perspective. The last time they Bengals were "it" and went to the Super Bowl I was basically the age my son is now. I sooooooooo hope Taylor, Burrow, and everyone else can get us a playoff win and more.

Both of my kids are about 10 years older than I was last time.. Y'all need to knock of this "old" talk till you actually become old.. In the immortal words of my old man....  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: Both of my kids are about 10 years older than I was last time.. Y'all need to knock of this "old" talk till you actually become old.. In the immortal words of my old man....  Tongue

Whatever, gramps.  LMAO Just having some fun.
Reply/Quote