Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign CFL interception leader
It appears the Bengals have signed DB- Winston Rose to a contract. He worked out with the Bengals earlier this month.

Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with this so long as it's reasonable money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We shall see. If he can keep it up at the NFL level it could be a real steal, but the CFL and the NFL can be miles apart in talent.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Double delight since my CFL team is in the west and won't miss facing him.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nothing wrong with this so long as it's reasonable money.

My guess is it's a futures contract which would be league minimum.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: My guess is it's a futures contract which would be league minimum.

Reports are that it was a 2 year deal that included a signing bonus, but don't know how accurate that is.
Reply/Quote
If black Monday's "camp body" signing tradition holds true....

He'll be starting around October.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Does this guy have enough talent to make a roster in the NFL? I had never heard of him before reading he signed here. I don't even remember him in college. Anyone have any insight on him?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nothing wrong with this so long as it's reasonable money.

likely a 1 year deal to get him in camp... then up it if needed
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: My guess is it's a futures contract which would be league minimum.

My guess is we pay him in maple syrup and hockey sticks. 
Reply/Quote
Watched him play live several times. He is an amazing CFL player. It will be nice not to face him again, for awhile at least. However, like someone mentioned the transition to the NFL is not easy. The talent level is on a different wave length, but I guess we will see!
Reply/Quote
Don’t they have to apologize to the QB once they intercept a pass up there?

Reply/Quote
The Bengals at times do better with these untraditional signings then they do the actual draft picks. I like the signing, and glad they are spreading a wide net.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 03:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Bengals at times do better with these untraditional signings then they do the actual draft picks. I like the signing, and glad they are spreading a wide net.

They had pretty good success with another CFL guy, Andrew Hawkins. If Winston Rose helps at least give decent depth and avoid needing to spend a draft pick on a CB, I like it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 03:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don’t they have to apologize to the QB once they intercept a pass up there?

they have to send fruit baskets.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Does this guy have enough talent to make a roster in the NFL? I had never heard of him before reading he signed here. I don't even remember him in college. Anyone have any insight on him?

Not much out there on him. Played at New Mexico State and was undrafted in 2016. He's 6'0, 181. Ran a 4.38 40 yard dash. That's about all I can find.
Reply/Quote
He's probably better than Webb.
Reply/Quote
To be fair when comparing CFL to NFL, playing CB is fundamentally tougher because of the CFL motion rules compared to the NFL along with the width of the field. Now obviously the talent gap is massive in terms of receivers, but strictly in terms of the situation you are in there is a lot working against you as a CB in the CFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 03:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They had pretty good success with another CFL guy, Andrew Hawkins. If Winston Rose helps at least give decent depth and avoid needing to spend a draft pick on a CB, I like it.

Wasn't Jeanty signed from the CFL too?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 03:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don’t they have to apologize to the QB once they intercept a pass up there?

Haha no. Only after the game if you win against the Quarterback, otherwise he appologises to you. Mandatory 8 game suspension if this rule is not followed :)
Reply/Quote