Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Trevor Siemian
(05-04-2023, 07:06 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Jake Dolegala. Pats had him on their PS last year.

YES!!!!! That’s him. Wish we still had him in the QB room. Maybe he will be part of the roster cuts soon.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 06:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: YES!!!!! That’s him. Wish we still had him in the QB room. Maybe he will be part of the roster cuts soon.

Dolegala at least has a big arm, so some talent. As far as QB play though I would still take Siemian and Browning over him.

A big arm don't mean much if he couldn't beat out the noodle arm of Ryan Finley...
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dolegala at least has a big arm, so some talent. As far as QB play though I would still take Siemian and Browning over him.

A big arm don't mean much if he couldn't beat out the noodle arm of Ryan Finley...

Finley has a good brain, but just lacks the physical talents to be competitive at the NFL level.  I would think that a guy like him might migrate into coaching at some point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dolegala at least has a big arm, so some talent. As far as QB play though I would still take Siemian and Browning over him.

One of the funny things about Finley is that he didn't really have a noodle arm. His arm was perfectly capable. In fact, you can measure arm strength by just calculating the time the ball is in there and how far it travelled. In the Steelers game back in 2020, Finley had a ball that traveled 75 feet in .867 seconds, equivalent to 59 MPH. The hardest ball that Burrow threw in 2022 was 56 MPH. There was light wind that game, so the ball may have been wind-aided as well but he had an NFL arm. 

The boring part of the conversation about arm strength is that most of these guys never, or rarely ever, have to rip it as hard as they can. Most passes you see are between 47-51 MPH for all QBs, including Mahomes and Allen. Both of those guys throw 60+ but they may only have a handful of passes per season that actually end up having that much velocity. 
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 11:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: One of the funny things about Finley is that he didn't really have a noodle arm. His arm was perfectly capable. In fact, you can measure arm strength by just calculating the time the ball is in there and how far it travelled. In the Steelers game back in 2020, Finley had a ball that traveled 75 feet in .867 seconds, equivalent to 59 MPH. The hardest ball that Burrow threw in 2022 was 56 MPH. There was light wind that game, so the ball may have been wind-aided as well but he had an NFL arm. 

The boring part of the conversation about arm strength is that most of these guys never, or rarely ever, have to rip it as hard as they can. Most passes you see are between 47-51 MPH for all QBs, including Mahomes and Allen. Both of those guys throw 60+ but they may only have a handful of passes per season that actually end up having that much velocity. 

QBs learn early that breaking or spraining your best wide receivers’ fingers only hurts them in the end lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 08:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Finley has a good brain, but just lacks the physical talents to be competitive at the NFL level.  I would think that a guy like him might migrate into coaching at some point.

Could be correct, Finley seemed smart and he will always be a good memory for Bengal fans when we beat those stealers with him at 
the helm. That Gary Busey smile at the bottom of the pile will live in infamy.  Smirk

(05-05-2023, 11:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: One of the funny things about Finley is that he didn't really have a noodle arm. His arm was perfectly capable. In fact, you can measure arm strength by just calculating the time the ball is in there and how far it travelled. In the Steelers game back in 2020, Finley had a ball that traveled 75 feet in .867 seconds, equivalent to 59 MPH. The hardest ball that Burrow threw in 2022 was 56 MPH. There was light wind that game, so the ball may have been wind-aided as well but he had an NFL arm. 

Surprising, cannot remember how many times a WR was open deep and Finley couldn't get the ball to them cause the ball was 
underthrown. Never saw him overthrow anyone deep.

That is how I judge a QB's arm. Josh Allen has the biggest arm in the league right now in my opinion, he just doesn't throw long 
bombs very often. Low percentage pass and all.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be correct, Finley seemed smart and he will always be a good memory for Bengal fans when we beat those stealers with him at 
the helm. That Gary Busey smile at the bottom of the pile will live in infamy.  Smirk

Surprising, cannot remember how many times a WR was open deep and Finley couldn't get the ball to them cause the ball was 
underthrown. Never saw him overthrow anyone deep.

That is how I judge a QB's arm. Josh Allen has the biggest arm in the league right now in my opinion, he just doesn't throw long 
bombs very often. Low percentage pass and all.

Yeah, long bombs can be deceiving. It's probably a mechanical issue or accuracy issue before arm strength. Could be timing as well. All of these guys are capable of throwing 50+ but some are better at ball placement than others. The thing that really sets Mahomes and Allen apart is the fact that they can rifle the ball in on routes like 15 yard outs, tight windows etc. That's a combination of timing and arm strength. They have more ball velocity than anyone in the league. 
Reply/Quote
PK and Milz rated our "QB room" today. The max a team can get is 20, Your starter max is 14, your backup max is 4. and your developmental is 2.

We got 15 points and JB got a 14
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote