Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Xavier Su'a-Filo
I liked Miller. But if they really want to go stretch or pin zone then this is the better move. Miller was much better in a drive or directional drive block scheme but not good at zone blocking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, I guess this means that the bromance between the Bengals and Bills Mgt. is officially over?  All three of the players that many seemed giddy about acquiring at first, are all gone now.

It is a good thing as Marv would of said.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: I liked Miller. But if they really want to go stretch or pin zone then this is the better move. Miller was much better in a drive or directional drive block scheme but not good at zone blocking.

Versatility is what we need in all phases.

Sometimes it is difficult for certain players though and I don't want us to complicate things.

Stick to what your players are good at and add players accordingly.
Reply/Quote
Don't mind it as a depth signing. I'm a little concerned since it's being reported that he's the intended starter. 

Career snaps at LG: 3,857
                       RG: 61
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I’m a big fan of when things are crappy, shaking things up as much as possible. I can’t remember feeling this optimistic about change in an offseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 08:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Don't mind it as a depth signing. I'm a little concerned since it's being reported that he's the intended starter. 

Hey, Su'afilo can play RG then? Good news.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 08:35 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m a big fan of when things are crappy, shaking things up as much as possible. I can’t remember feeling this optimistic about change in an offseason.

Reader, Waynes and Xavier is pretty damn good.

Never would of thought they would fork out that dough for Reader or Waynes. 

Reader is maybe the best NT in the NFL...
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a Boobie Williams type of signing.   He came in with mixed reviews, but ended up with a great career with the Bengals.  Bobbie was labeled as a complete bust for the Eagles before joining the Bengals.  Give it some time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2011/4/7/2095872/top-10-eagles-nfl-draft-busts-7-bobbie-williams
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Reader, Waynes and Xavier is pretty damn good.

Never would of thought they would fork out that dough for Reader or Waynes. 

Reader is maybe the best NT in the NFL...

That’s the shocker. The Bengals and the Reds are both trying to be relevant again. Hopefully the warm weather will help get this virus under control so everyone stays healthy and we can enjoy some winning sports teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:11 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: That’s the shocker. The Bengals and the Reds are both trying to be relevant again. Hopefully the warm weather will help get this virus under control so everyone stays healthy and we can enjoy some winning sports teams.

No doubt and spot on with everyone's thoughts around here. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 08:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Don't mind it as a depth signing. I'm a little concerned since it's being reported that he's the intended starter. 

It's just Hobs reporting it though, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

Haha rag dolled him.

Reply/Quote

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
THAT, is a message lol

Want to see this happen to some Steelers, we will be penalized of course.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

Good to see that he can get to the second level and take LB's out of the play.  That was something we were really bad at last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: Good to see that he can get to the second level and take LB's out of the play.  That was something we were really bad at last year.

And he can play on both sides of the line. Cool
Reply/Quote
Damn.  Did they have to pry the guy out of the ground?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Never heard of him, but he looks angry while blocking in those clips, something this O-line really needs. A nasty streak.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

That was filthy what he did to Fletcher Cox on that play.. I'm on board after seeing just that...
Reply/Quote