Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Xavier Su'a-Filo
Sounds like he's penciled in as a starter, but Im betting we draft a guy and let them fight it out.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:15 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Sounds like he's penciled in as a starter, but Im betting we draft a guy and let them fight it out.

I'm hoping that's what we do at the very least. XSF was good last year, but he was average to bad every other season. Hobs made it sound like the team is also going to give Alex Redmond a shot at the RG spot as well. That guy is becoming the new Livings. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:00 AM)Tony Wrote: That was filthy what he did to Fletcher Cox on that play.. I'm on board after seeing just that...

Fletcher Cox is a stud.  Didn't realize it was him.  Double damn.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I can get behind this signing big time.  If he's healthy maybe he takes the starting LG job and never looks back.  He brings an enviable grittiness to the table.
Reply/Quote
Wonder what the guarantees are? I would have rather signed X and kept Miller and let Redmond walk. Instead of taking on dead money and paying Redmond. Strange the way we did it. But OK. We tried Miller and wanted more. Hopefully Xavier brings it. He could be a late bloomer just about to hit his stride.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Going by PFF, Fred Johnson graded 62.6, Glenn graded 68.4, and Hopkins graded 62.4, so he would have been 4th best.  Miller had a 58.6 so he's a slight upgrade at a cheaper price.  

Not saying it as a negative, but this is a "typical Bengals signing".  On paper Sua-F'ihlo is a serviceable starter/quality backup.

You know, I wasnt even counting Johnson or Glenn lol. Too small of a body of work, and they only played against the easiest defenses. Glenn is not a Bengal to me and wasnt even when he suited up in the end. Just cant count them personally, but if you do, I get that for sure. Imo, Hopkins wouldve been the only one of our OL guys who graded higher than Mr X in more than just a couple games. I see this dude as an upgrade. I doubt we had anyone even come close to a 77.7 pass blocking grade. Dalton and Finley were running for their lives.
Reply/Quote
Very happy with this signing. I think he's a big upgrade over Miller.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When I read the stats and reaction about the signing I was soured at first. Someone like Joe Haag who has been more consistent sounded better but then I looked at some clips and see why the Bengals brought him in. He's definitely more athletic and capable in the running game than Miller ever was and produced a higher pass-blocking rating, albeit limited snaps than Miller did. That extra push in the run game will always help and it's not like this stops us from drafting a guard if one falls. The reporters might be saying he's a starter now but we assumed the same thing about Darius Phillips, now he'll probably be the #4 corner going into the season.

Between Billy Price, Michael Jordan, Xay, and a potential draft pick, you gotta figure 2 will step up and be functional contributors.
Reply/Quote
I think this signing was down to scheme. Miller is bad in zone schemes and good in drive schemes. ZT seems to want to go zone and Filo gives us another player on the line who can execute that scheme properly but is also competent in drive (so can Hopkins and Williams - not sure about Hart or Jordan).
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think this signing was down to scheme. Miller is bad in zone schemes and good in drive schemes. ZT seems to want to go zone and Filo gives us another player on the line who can execute that scheme properly but is also competent in drive (so can Hopkins and Williams - not sure about Hart or Jordan).

Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

Nice B slap on Fletcher Cox.
ThumbsUp

And don't forget, Most OL usually don't develop in the NFL til they are about 29-30 years old.
It takes some time to get your body developed correctly and learn the footwork and technique.

Draft profile:
Missed two years of strength training while serving a LDS mission and has a bad body.

And that's what I was saying. His body was not developed correctly while in college.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nice B slap on Fletcher Cox.
ThumbsUp

And don't forget, Most OL usually don't develop in the NFL til they are about 29-30 years old.
It takes some time to get your body developed correctly and learn the footwork and technique.

Draft profile:
Missed two years of strength training while serving a LDS mission and has a bad body.

And that's what I was saying. His body was not developed correctly while in college.

Su'a-Filo doing that to Fletcher Cox is even more impressive considering Fletcher is one of the best in the league at his position.

Looks like we are catching Su'a-Filo right at the right time when he has grown into his body. Liking this pick up more and more.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
Reply/Quote
Finally! A Bruin on the Bengals. Tired of all the damned Trojans.
Reply/Quote
I like it is a 3 year deal and Su'a-Filo has grown into his body. Perfect time to snatch this guy up.

The Cowboy fans aren't happy about it. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'm really hope we draft OG Logan Stenberg. He will be an immediate starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nice B slap on Fletcher Cox.
ThumbsUp

Draft profile:

Oh a missionary. Hopefully he's a stand up guy.
Reply/Quote
ThumbsUp

Draft profile:

Must reiterate what Mike here says for Ocho, so XSF has two less years of wear and tear.
Reply/Quote