Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BW Webb-cut
(03-18-2020, 05:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Neither is winning anything without elite talent around them, so may as well go with the one who is half the cost.

No QB wins anything without elite talent around him.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 08:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: WTF? Who are you man?

Seriously wondering. Dalton is the best QB the Bengals have ever had according to the numbers and you are saying he is worse
than Tyrod Taylor or even saying Tyrod is not much worse? I don't find Tyrod to be a decent starter, he is a clear back up and 
Andy has had a bad OL since 2015. I think we have to be somewhat fair to Andy here?

You're looking at it as I'm trashing Dalton, but I'm actually intending to say that Tyrod is undervalued.
If looking for a bridge starter for a year or two, Tyrod has good value at just $7.5 mill when you compare to what other starting QBs would be making.
Tyrod isn't taking your team to the promised land though, but I don't think Dalton ever will either.
I don't think that's slamming Dalton at all. I think it's just realistic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No QB wins anything without elite talent around him.

Fair.
It's safe to say though that some QBs can accomplish more with less elite talent around them than others, but you're right, all need SOME.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote