Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals signing Dansby
Per Ian Rapopart

The #Bengals are signing LB Karlos Dansby today, source said. The former #Browns defender visited last week.

Good signing. Better than Lamur and Hawk despite his age.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Like the signing, wish he was younger but will take it.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 11:59 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Like the signing, wish he was younger but will take it.

We should have signed him years ago instead of Harrison.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 11:54 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Per Ian Rapopart

The #Bengals are signing LB Karlos Dansby today, source said. The former #Browns defender visited last week.

Good signing. Better than Lamur and Hawk despite his age.

Quite happy with this.  Will help with Burfict being out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 11:59 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Like the signing, wish he was younger but will take it.

He's motivated for a ring and chose us to help get it.  I love that.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:06 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He's motivated for a ring and chose us to help get it.  I love that.

Yeah we need that energy. I just pray he can channel his youth and give us one hell of a season.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:11 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: Yeah we need that energy. I just pray he can channel his youth and give us one hell of a season.

Just last year he played great. He doeant need his inner youth, just bring his 2015 game and the bengals may have one of the best linebacker groups in NFL come week 4

Dansby was the Browns' leading tackler in 2015, registering 108 combined tackles, three interceptions, two defensive touchdowns and two forced fumbles. Dansby has spent time with the Cardinals, Dolphins and Browns during his 12 year NFL career.

During that time, Dansby has recorded 1,208 tackles, 41 sacks, 69 pass defenses, 19 interceptions, six defensive scores and 18 forced fumbles. He was released by the Browns this offseason as they opt for a youth movement and don't have room for the 34-year-old backer.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:03 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We should have signed him years ago instead of Harrison.

Click on thread to read other Bengal fans happy comments about the signing.

Find yellowxdiscipline bitching and moaning.

Not surprised.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:11 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: Yeah we need that energy. I just pray he can channel his youth and give us one hell of a season.

I also hope he's a positive influence for Burfict.
Reply/Quote
Great move by the Bengals front office.
Reply/Quote
I only have one problem with this signing and that is the part about the guy claiming we were interested right when he was cut. It just seemed crass to me.

If we had signed him quietly I would love this signing, but end of the road players "knowing that Cinci is licking their chops" to get them is alarming to me. Just my 2 cents tho.
Reply/Quote
I like it, can't hurt.
Reply/Quote
I hope this is our best signing since Reggie Nelson (I know we got him via trade, but still), whom we still need to re-sign BTW.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:03 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We should have signed him years ago instead of Harrison.

was too expensive then
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I only have one problem with this signing and that is the part about the guy claiming we were interested right when he was cut. It just seemed crass to me.

If we had signed him quietly I would love this signing, but end of the road players "knowing that Cinci is licking their chops" to get them is alarming to me. Just my 2 cents tho.

we tried to sign him or at least talked to him last time he was a free agent. i think he said that to get the bengals attention as he wants to play for a winner... and it looks like it worked
Reply/Quote
Great news. I have been wanting this guy in stripes for a long, long time.

He played great last year, if he can just keep that up our LB core is much better and this helps players
like Dawson and Flowers as well. Couldn't find a much better LB to learn from than Karlos Dansby.

This also helps cushion the blow while Burfict is out the first 3 games. Dansby has been one of the best
cover backers in the league for awhile. Just hope he does not start to fall off with us. Still probably an
upgrade even if he does.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Click on thread to read other Bengal fans happy comments about the signing.

Find yellowxdiscipline bitching and moaning.

Not surprised.

Yup Fred... Right again as always. That's all I do.. ***** and moan.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: was too expensive then

May have equaled out to what we spent on Harrison and Hawk.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we tried to sign him or at least talked to him last time he was a free agent.   i think he said that to get the bengals attention

Just usually something you tell your agent, not the media.

It's a good signing at least, he isn't just some unproductive scrub.
Reply/Quote
Nice pick up assuming it goes through...Could end up being a very important pick up if Burfict catches the injury bug.
Reply/Quote