Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals signing Eli Apple

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
"On December 20, 2017, it was reported that tensions between Apple, and his teammates had reached an all-time high, with Giants’ safety Landon Collins saying Apple was a "cancer" and should not be on the team in 2018. On December 27, 2017, Apple was suspended by the team for the 2017 season finale after reportedly getting into an argument with coaching staff about being asked to practice with the scout team and for a "pattern of behavior that is conduct detrimental to the team".

*sigh*

He also has an injury prone past..
Reply/Quote
Possibly just someone to fill up camp spaces
Reply/Quote
Got any more of those cornerbacks?
Reply/Quote
Interesting signing. Could prove helpful for depth purposes.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 04:55 PM)GodFather Wrote: "On December 20, 2017, it was reported that tensions between Apple, and his teammates had reached an all-time high, with Giants’ safety Landon Collins saying Apple was a "cancer" and should not be on the team in 2018. On December 27, 2017, Apple was suspended by the team for the 2017 season finale after reportedly getting into an argument with coaching staff about being asked to practice with the scout team and for a "pattern of behavior that is conduct detrimental to the team".

*sigh*

He also has an injury prone past..

Never heard that before, makes me wonder about the pick up. I don't like hearing that even if it was multiple years ago and 
will just be a back up. Talented obviously being a former top 10 pick and anything to not see LeShaun Sims on the field again
is a good move. Just hope Apple has his head on his shoulders now.
Reply/Quote
I would imagine that Vonn Bell vouched for him.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he can turn it around with a lot of his former OSU teammates on the roster. He seemed to have turned the corner in New Orleans (another team with a lot of his former teammates, including Vonn Bell at the time). The talent still flashes.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never heard that before, makes me wonder about the pick up. I don't like hearing that even if it was multiple years ago and 
will just be a back up. Talented obviously being a former top 10 pick and anything to not see LeShaun Sims on the field again
is a good move. Just hope Apple has his head on his shoulders now.

I know, I'm not holding my breath between that and the injury history. 
Reply/Quote
The Southern Ohio Rehabilitation Institute for Wayward Boys and Toxic Men strike again.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The locker room stuff was quite a while ago. Had no issues that I remember at OSU and don’t remember hearing anything bad after he left NY. Maybe he had a hard time accepting he wasn’t going to be the player he was in college at the NFL level but unless I’ve missed more stuff recently it seems like maybe he’s finding/accepting his role. I like the signing especially as a 5th CB assuming he’s dirt cheap
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:05 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote:  The talent still flashes.

"Flashing" is the last thing he needs to be doing.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Let's just hope that our culture has changed enough for our vets to be able to handle the situation and for him to see that his previous cancerous attitude won't stand.

You have to think that he has matured a bit and realizes that he can't be a clown here.

Let's hope that Burrow taking Reiff to Jeff Ruby's means that he's going to step up even more, take the leadership role, and make sure the entire team falls in behind him.

I like the signing and I love that we're continuing to build our roster!
Reply/Quote
Former first round pick and played at Ohio State?!

Someone probably had to bring Mike Brown a change of pants when he saw that.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You have to think that he has matured a bit and realizes that he can't be a clown here.

We can hope. If he hasn't, he will be gone. I admire that in ZT. Kill the cancer.

Reply/Quote
This is the third CB we have brought in who is a zone QB. I may not like Lou but they are shaping the roster to fit the scheme; which is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is the third CB we have brought in who is a zone QB. I may not like Lou but they are shaping the roster to fit the scheme; which is a good thing.

Lou working on his playbook...

[Image: nickle-2-4-5-dbl-a-gap-buck-zone-blitz-banner_thumb.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:04 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I would imagine that Vonn Bell vouched for him.

Boom! Could turn out very good for us. He's always taken very good care of his diet and body. If his heads on straight, he can help. With age usually comes a little wisdom. Fingers crossed.

Could turn out bad if we continue to lose regularly? I think we're going to win a few more this season. Our FA additions have been wise ones.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Lou working on his playbook...

[Image: nickle-2-4-5-dbl-a-gap-buck-zone-blitz-banner_thumb.jpg]
IMHO Lou is currently the weakest link.
Reply/Quote
Somewhere Pacman Jones is smiling and wondering where he put ol #24.....
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote