Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs 49ers predictions
Just reinforces what we already knew - if we come out tackling on defense and in sync on offense this is very winnable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
SF will come out pissed and super motivated. We will come out flat on the opening drive. Which absolutely drives me nuts. The first drive are mostly scripted plays. So when we look like we don’t have an answer against that D on our first drive, look out.

Contain CMC, pressure Purdy like a mofo, make him beat you. Not CMC, Bosa, scheme etc. pressure him, and protect Burrow and we should be fine. So with that said my prediction below.

SF-49
Cincy- 17

Hope I’m wrong.
Reply/Quote
***** sick of people talking down about us including some on here like we haven’t been to a Super Bowl and an AFCCG if the past 2 years:

We played with an injured QB the first few weeks and still got to 3-3, we are not a bad team we are a threat to the whole NFL.

Vikings tonight showed if you launch the ball SF can be got at and I fully expect an air raid on Sunday night with Tee and Chase having big games and I’m calling it now Irv will get his first TD as a Bengal.

On Sunday people will remember just who the **** the Bengals are.

Bengals 38

49ers 24
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 02:15 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: ***** sick of people talking down about us including some on here like we haven’t been to a Super Bowl and an AFCCG if the past 2 years:

We played with an injured QB the first few weeks and still got to 3-3, we are not a bad team we are a threat to the whole NFL.

Vikings tonight showed if you launch the ball SF can be got at and I fully expect an air raid on Sunday night with Tee and Chase having big games and I’m calling it now Irv will get his first TD as a Bengal.

Bengals 38

49ers 24

49ers will destroy the Bengals. CMC will have 150 yards at least. 
Reply/Quote
Not Gonna Lie, I am super annoyed that the 49ers are on a 2 game losing streak. Teams that good very rarely lose 3 games in a row.

For that reason, I suspect they'll get back on track against us, returning home for the first time since dismantling the Cowboys and heading into their bye week ready to start their resurgence.

49ers 24
Bengals 20
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 01:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: SF will come out pissed and super motivated. We will come out flat on the opening drive. Which absolutely drives me nuts. The first drive are mostly scripted plays. So when we look like we don’t have an answer against that D on our first drive, look out.

Contain CMC, pressure Purdy like a mofo, make him beat you. Not CMC, Bosa, scheme etc. pressure him, and protect Burrow and we should be fine. So with that said my prediction below.

SF-49
Cincy- 17

Hope I’m wrong.

Not sure I buy into the whole "they will come out motivated and pissed" narrative. 

If that were true, they would have come out "motivated and pissed" against the Vikings, right? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 02:15 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: ***** sick of people talking down about us including some on here like we haven’t been to a Super Bowl and an AFCCG if the past 2 years:

Bengals 38

49ers 24

I feel you. The 3-3 thing is crazy too because we have played AWFUL football and we very easily could be 4-2 if the ball bounces a different way in that Ravens game.

I have friends that are Browns fans and they are acting like the Super Bowl runs through Cleveland. 

I actually think they Bengals win at SF. They have been good out of the bye and the 49ers aren't playing good ball right now. I believe in Callahan and ZT to get this offense back on track and Burrow to be more sharp.

Don't underestimate the short week for SF as well - it has an impact on the game. 

27-20 BENGALS 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not sure I buy into the whole "they will come out motivated and pissed" narrative. 

If that were true, they would have come out "motivated and pissed" against the Vikings, right? 

But they were AT Minnesota, and that absolutely makes a difference.
The game is AT San Fran.  I see the 49ers being fired up, and I see a lackluster "jet lag" performance coming up by the Bengals offense.
It all spells disaster for the Bengals.  If the Bengals win, I'll go crawl in a hole somewhere (deservedly) and not post for awhile.
I HATE when the negativity creeps in like this, but it's just a feeling I can't shake.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 01:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: SF will come out pissed and super motivated. We will come out flat on the opening drive. Which absolutely drives me nuts. The first drive are mostly scripted plays. So when we look like we don’t have an answer against that D on our first drive, look out.

SF-49
Cincy- 17

Hope I’m wrong.

The last two games:

Cardinals
First bengals offensive drive, 11 plays 64 yards - TD
Second drive 8 plays, 26 yards - Field goal
First two drive results, 19 plays, 90 yards - 10 pts

Seahawks
First drive 13 plays, 69 yards - TD
Second drive 7 plays, 73 yards - TD
First two drive results 20 plays, 144 yards - 14 points

I’m not sure how that is “flat”? Its the in game adjustments that was an obvious problem against the Seahawks… not the “scripted” plays.

Did you watch the last two games?
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Zac and Co. watched the game and had to notice TIGHT ENDS on both teams getting involved. TJ H. on Vikings 11 catches for 86 yds. Kittle 5 catches for 78 yds. Who would have thought that a TE can be a very useful addition.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:21 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I'm sure Zac and Co. watched the game and had to notice TIGHT ENDS on both teams getting involved. TJ H. on Vikings 11 catches for 86 yds.  Kittle 5 catches for 78  yds. Who would have thought that a TE can be a very useful addition.

Or maybe they watched the game and thought, "Hah! look at these teams throwing to their slow wide receivers. What a waste of targets."
Reply/Quote
I predict that this game will be an absolute dogfight. SF will be bringing every ounce of energy that they can muster in order to not lose a 3rd game in a row. I think that the key to this game is stopping the SF rushing attack, and forcing Purdy to throw more than they'd like him to. It has been shown that Purdy will make mistakes when pressured. I say the Bengals need to turn it up!

Bengals 24
49ers 23

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The last two games:

Cardinals
First bengals offensive drive, 11 plays 64 yards - TD
Second drive 8 plays, 26 yards - Field goal
First two drive results, 19 plays, 90 yards - 10 pts

Seahawks
First drive 13 plays, 69 yards - TD
Second drive 7 plays, 73 yards - TD
First two drive results 20 plays, 144 yards - 14 points

I’m not sure how that is “flat”?  Its the in game adjustments that was an obvious problem against the Seahawks… not the “scripted” plays.

Did you watch the last two games?

Agree. However, aside from some adjustments, Burrow was just horribly inaccurate in the second half for some reason. He cleans that up, and the game was likely not close.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:21 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I'm sure Zac and Co. watched the game and had to notice TIGHT ENDS on both teams getting involved. TJ H. on Vikings 11 catches for 86 yds.  Kittle 5 catches for 78  yds. Who would have thought that a TE can be a very useful addition.

The Vikings had a good plan. Chip Bosa, and release the TE over the middle. Use a little tempo. When he's off the field, take deep shots. Can Irv answer the call is the question.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: The Vikings had a good plan. Chip Bosa, and release the TE over the middle. Use a little tempo. When he's off the field, take deep shots. Can Irv answer the call is the question.

Not likely, based upon what we've seen so far.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 11:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not likely, based upon what we've seen so far.

Which sucks, because it's there for the taking.

Reply/Quote
I'll make my prediction now after watching 49ers

Bengals 24
49ers 20

49ers haven't looked very good the last 2 games and are kind in banged up injured with a short week after Monday Night. Purdy has kind of stunk last 2 weeks. Bengals come in rested from bye week and have won 3 of last 4 games. Bengals are the hotter team, and I'll take Burrow over Purdy. Chase, Higgins, Boyd give 49ers huge problems. If 49ers couldn't cover Vikings without Jefferson, they won't cover Chase, Higgins and Boyd. Burrow now able to move around in the pocket and win this one. As for 49ers D, Bengals have a good D also. Browns and Vikings just showed 49ers can be beaten. Again, Purdy hasn't looked good at all the last 2 games, so I'll take Burrow in this one.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 11:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: Which sucks, because it's there for the taking.

Hopefully Tanner Hudson is getting plenty of reps this week.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I predict that this game will be an absolute dogfight.  SF will be bringing every ounce of energy that they can muster in order to not lose a 3rd game in a row.  I think that the key to this game is stopping the SF rushing attack, and forcing Purdy to throw more than they'd like him to.  It has been shown that Purdy will make mistakes when pressured.  I say the Bengals need to turn it up!

Bengals 24
49ers    23

Put the game on Purdy and make him beat you. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 11:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Put the game on Purdy and make him beat you. 

Yep. He has proved to be a good qb, but can make mistakes. Don’t let CMC beat you.
Reply/Quote