Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Ravens 8:15 PM Sunday
(01-09-2023, 01:38 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: Really glad to have Tirico again. He does a great job.

Tirico is an ass. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/world-cup-anchor-mike-tiricos-bizarre-history-reports-of-stalking-and-sexual-harassment?ref=scroll

"Then things got sketchy. Though the diminutive, oft-smiling, and bespectacled Tirico strikes viewers as a paragon of congeniality, during his early days at ESPN he was reportedly anything but. During the early-to-mid ’90s, ESPN was a notorious boys club, with “no fewer than fifty cases of sexual harassment reported by women on the staff to ESPN management through the first half of the 1990s,” according to Those Guys Have All the Fun, James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales’ oral history of ESPN. “One of the most notorious cases to arise,” they wrote, “was that of Mike Tirico, who became very unpopular with some of the women on staff.”The “notorious” case is explored in greater detail in Michael Freeman’s tome ESPN: The Uncensored History. According to the book, at a house party in the fall of 1992, a little over a year after he’d been hired by the network, Tirico—then considered a rising star—approached a young female production assistant."

"According to the book, word soon spread throughout the newsroom of the Tirico incident with his producer, and “other women came to her with their own horror stories about Tirico,” complaining that he “made references to their physical features, touched them inappropriately, or expressed his desire to have sex with them.”"

"The book claims that six women eventually came forward, and Tirico “was suspended for three months and ordered to seek counseling.”"
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ugh will be on the airplane during the game... frustrated!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Day beers for me. Early morning beers actually but Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:36 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Or 01:15am for me son of a *****.

Will be stressful enough now have to watch it sober.

Yeah... same for me. Balls. 
Reply/Quote
I despise night games. Not only do we traditionally not play our best ball, but it also doesnt allow me to get any decent sleep that night and be ready for work the next day.

Im gonna have to get a hotel now and take a day off work which is sure to make my boss happy on such short notice. Lucky hes a bengals fan too so he may understand. Im not driving back to cleveburg at midnight unless I want to be wrapped around a highway light pole after falling asleep
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:07 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Likely gone for the playoffs

No, Ravens will probably throw a lot to Likely again. ....and Who's on first
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:53 AM)Joelist Wrote: Gives Cappa an extra day to get ready.

He couldn't put weight on his foot at all.  He's not playing this week at minimum.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:10 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Collinsworth is also fine. Yes, he will probably speak highly of good players on the opposing team. Gasp.

I have to say Collinsworth was always great on WLW Sports Talk, as was Trumpy before him.  I got to call in and talk to Collinsworth a few times, he was a great guy and I felt lucky to talk to this Bengals great player.  

As for Collinsworth on national TV, we can't expect him to do the Joe Nuxhall and be a Cincinnati Homer.  That is not his job.  He is not paid by the Bengals.  He is paid by NBC to be a Prime Time National TV announcer.  Deep down he may want to root for the Bengals on National TV, but if he wants to keep his job he will broadcast the game like a pro broadcaster and not an ex Bengal.   Now Lapham can be a Joe Nuxhall because he is local, not national.  People should be able to figure that out. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Why am I feeling so nervous about this game? :/
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:43 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Why am I feeling so nervous about this game? :/

Because, 1. The Ravens will have a lot of important players back, 2. The Bengals are still reeling a little from the unfortunate event a week ago, 3. Nighttime, prime time games are not kind to the Bengals although that has changed recently, 4. A listless, aimless offensive performance in the second half like in the Patriot and yesterday's game won't fly in a high-stakes playoff game, and 5. John Harbaugh is a highly-experienced coach who could out chess-game Zac in a close game.

Plus, the luck seems to have run out from last year. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:43 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Why am I feeling so nervous about this game? :/

Because it's a playoff game... win or go home.
Reply/Quote
Well, I'm glad it'll be on NBC instead of CBS just because my big TV for some unknown reason can no longer pull in the local CBS channel...some digital nonsense going on with it... I can always watch it on my desktop, but that means my crappy old office chair for an hour or so..  Ninja Might be time to fork over some greenbacks for a new TV. Vizeo's kind of suck.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:10 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I despise night games.  Not only do we traditionally not play our best ball, but it also doesnt allow me to get any decent sleep that night and be ready for work the next day.  

Im gonna have to get a hotel now and take a day off work which is sure to make my boss happy on such short notice.  Lucky hes a bengals fan too so he may understand.  Im not driving back to cleveburg at midnight unless I want to be wrapped around a highway light pole after falling asleep

This x10000

I'd rather play Sunday 1 pm or Saturday than a monday or sunday night primetime game. They are awful. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I don't care what time or day they play anymore because A. It's no longer the cursed team that never wins in prime time and B. I'm retired so I don't care about the numbers on my watch anymore. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:56 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well, I'm glad it'll be on NBC instead of CBS just because my big TV for some unknown reason can no longer pull in the local CBS channel...some digital nonsense going on with it... I can always watch it on my desktop, but that means my crappy old office chair for an hour or so..  Ninja Might be time to fork over some greenbacks for a new TV. Vizeo's kind of suck.. 

Vizeo makes a good tv up till about 48 inches. When the screens get larger than that their quality drops off as opposed to the others. I prefer Samsung for large screens. Vizeo's also have weaker wireless cards in them.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Vizeo makes a good tv up till about 48 inches. When the screens get larger than that their quality drops off as opposed to the others. I prefer Samsung for large screens. Vizeo's also have weaker wireless cards in them.

I have a Vizeo and an LG in my basement. The LG has "excellent" wireless signal to it. The vizeo doesnt even get a signal. Had to buy an extender. Wireless card is complete ass. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:12 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have a Vizeo and an LG in my basement. The LG has "excellent" wireless signal to it. The vizeo doesnt even get a signal. Had to buy an extender. Wireless card is complete ass. 

Yes, I have numerous Vizeo bedroom tv's, and one on the back porch. But my tv's that are 60 and 65 inches are Samsungs and an LG
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:56 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well, I'm glad it'll be on NBC instead of CBS just because my big TV for some unknown reason can no longer pull in the local CBS channel...some digital nonsense going on with it... I can always watch it on my desktop, but that means my crappy old office chair for an hour or so..  Ninja Might be time to fork over some greenbacks for a new TV. Vizeo's kind of suck.. 

I'm assuming you are talking about an over the air signal and not streaming. In that case, you might consider a better antenna before buying a new television. You would likely have the same issue if it's a broadcast signal problem.

EDIT:

I had a similar problem where the smaller TV in our bedroom got more channels than the larger one in the living room. I got a better antenna and it fixed the problem.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:57 AM)kevin Wrote: We know from playing Steelers 3 times in one season, it becomes a War.  You aren't going to fool each other in game 3.  You kind of know each others Game Books and the coaches chess strategy.   Some of the roughest play-off games in NFL or AFL history are teams meeting for a 3rd time.  

So simply put,  I'm glad this game is in Cincinnati and not Baltimore.   

It will be one rough, tough game, but I like AFC Champ Bengals chances IN THE JUNGLE. 

The 10 day weather forecast shows the weather should be good for January. Being a night game, going from 40's to 30's, but no snow or rain.  So throwing the ball should not be a weather issue, and so both defenses will have to deal with the passing attack as well as the run.

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Tiger

I think the Ravens thought be better to rest a few starters to be healthy for this game.. if Lamar is able to play this will be a close game the way Ravens defense has helped our offense this year... I expect us to win though 21-17 with Lamar... 20-9 without
Reply/Quote
I'm excited about this. The Bengals not playing well under the lights on primetime is an old narrative. This team seems to come out more fired up under the lights. And as far as setting the atmosphere for the stadium and fans, I think night games have the ability to drive higher energy as well. I expect the Jungle to be electric and the team to come out ready to play. It's a longer wait through the weekend which is hard, but I don't see any other negatives.
Reply/Quote