Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Ravens 8:15 PM Sunday
(01-09-2023, 02:10 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Collinsworth is also fine. Yes, he will probably speak highly of good players on the opposing team. Gasp.

I mostly like Collinsworth but he'll somehow find a way to praise the Steelers during a Bengals/Ravens game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think the Ravens thought be better to rest a few starters to be healthy for this game.. if Lamar is able to play this will be a close game the way Ravens defense has helped our offense this year... I expect us to win though 21-17 with Lamar... 20-9 without

Even if Lamar suits up, which I doubt, he's missed something like 17 practices in a row. I can't imagine he will be sharp, and he's not going to be as mobile on that knee.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Even if Lamar suits up, which I doubt, he's missed something like 17 practices in a row. I can't imagine he will be sharp, and he's not going to be as mobile on that knee.

yes but i see him moving the ball better than their other QBs.. and I think Ravens will continue to play well on defense creating at times short fields so with Lamar they are much more dangerous inside the 20s so figure they will score a TD or two with him instead of a FG.... 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Even if Lamar suits up, which I doubt, he's missed something like 17 practices in a row. I can't imagine he will be sharp, and he's not going to be as mobile on that knee.

He has been sneakingly working out/practicing for over a month now. His being out was just a trick by the Ravens.  Ninja
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:30 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: He has been sneakingly working out/practicing for over a month now. His being out was just a trick by the Ravens.  Ninja

LOL. Unfortunately, all QB's, and especially ones that struggle throwing the ball especially from the pocket, need all the reps and timing they can get weekly let alone after missing a close to a handful of games.

Bengals broke the mold on how to defend him a year ago in Balt. when they drilled them. Gotta contain him, let him get his few yards when he does break contain, get his yards up the middle if/when he can and knock the poo out of him once he becomes a runner.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:38 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: Really glad to have Tirico again. He does a great job.

Yeah, I like Tirico. Our former Bengal, not so much.

(01-09-2023, 01:41 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Expect Collinsworth to be sucking off Lamar if he plays

Yep. Pretty sad how he sucks up to the rest of the Division so.

(01-09-2023, 02:01 AM)Nepa Wrote: Wow. Not just primetime, but the Sunday night before a holiday. The next day (Monday) is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Schools will be off. Government will be off. Best time for a big audience.

Great points Nepa. Should be a blast. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lol no he doesn't.

Guy is awful and it isn't bias: he is an objectively shitty commentator.

Better than Boger.
Reply/Quote
This game does not have a good vibe to it, esp after Sunday's performance
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 06:35 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Better than Boger.

Boger commentates?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I wasn't liking Sunday night then I found out I have Monday off so that will be nice. As far as Collinsworth I like him alot. You can't be a national broadcaster and show favoritism. I know he likes the Bengals and hopefully they can get a win so he can let a little bit of that Fandom sneak out in the end.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:41 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I mostly like Collinsworth but he'll somehow find a way to praise the Steelers during a Bengals/Ravens game.

[Image: th?id=OIP.n1vvRFX59GZEQnkAWC7v0AHaFU&pid...id=Api&P=0]
"You can bet your sweet ass he will!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:10 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I despise night games.  Not only do we traditionally not play our best ball, but it also doesnt allow me to get any decent sleep that night and be ready for work the next day.  

Im gonna have to get a hotel now and take a day off work which is sure to make my boss happy on such short notice.  Lucky hes a bengals fan too so he may understand.  Im not driving back to cleveburg at midnight unless I want to be wrapped around a highway light pole after falling asleep

Same here and I will probably end up with some early morning meeting scheduled for Monday.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:20 PM)M.W. Wrote: Same here and I will probably end up with some early morning meeting scheduled for Monday.
Monday will be MLK day. Time for shopping and sales. 
[Image: 272158936_3106163186288909_3539437329225...24x768.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I prefer the first Saturday game. Win and you get to watch the rest in comfort. Don’t really care if it’s considered a slap in the face or whatever.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm really good with Sunday night. I'm off on Mondays anyway, so I'll delay dinner and order a pizza.
Reply/Quote
It's sad how many of you work on MLK day.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I hope Zac and Callahan don't let me down, the offense must take the lead and stop relying as much on the defense to win them games. My fire Zac rant will be off the charts if our offense can score and we lose the game..
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:22 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I hope Zac and Callahan don't let me down, the offense must take the lead and stop relying as much on the defense to win them games. My fire Zac rant will be off the charts if our offense can score and we lose the game..

remind me to block you if that happens
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 10:54 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Because it's a playoff game... win or go home.

This^  

These are typically dog fights where one good team is sent packing, unless you luck out and get a team who barely snuck in the last week of the season.  Furthermore, teams play tight and big plays are at a minimum, so teams who can physically grind it out and force timely errors are usually the ones who advance.  

I think this game will look similar to the TEN game last year, and I hope it has the same outcome.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: remind me to block you if that happens

it will be a soft-rant  Wink
Reply/Quote