Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Ravens 8:15 PM Sunday
Well this all but confirms what many figured. Lamar will not suit up.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 07:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well this all but confirms what many figured. Lamar will not suit up.

Quote:I’m still hopeful we still have a chance. ??

Holy shit.  Hard to find a more rock-solid, ringing endorsement than that.  Wow, Lamar, that'll fire up the team  Mellow
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Holy shit.  Hard to find a more rock-solid, ringing endorsement than that.  Wow, Lamar, that'll fire up the team  Mellow

That's maybe the worst line I've ever seen from a player in that position.  I did a double-take when I first read it.  Wow.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:24 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: That's maybe the worst line I've ever seen from a player in that position.  I did a double-take when I first read it.  Wow.  

Tell me you've checked out and will be anywhere else next year without telling me you've checked out and will be anywhere else next year.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
well that is what is called a "ringing endorsement" but heck it may actually work out. They will work hard to prove to Lamar that they had more than a chance

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Crazier things have happened in the past, but Cincinnati has a layup of a playoff game this weekend. Both Huntley and Brown are very bad QBs and pose little threat. The Ravens still have a strong running game and strong defense, but this is a game where the QB difference is so large that Cincinnati should be playing Buffalo about a week and a half from now.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Holy shit.  Hard to find a more rock-solid, ringing endorsement than that.  Wow, Lamar, that'll fire up the team  Mellow

(01-12-2023, 08:24 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: That's maybe the worst line I've ever seen from a player in that position.  I did a double-take when I first read it.  Wow.  

That's the first thing I noticed lol.

It could motivate them but, when the most important player on your team is missing the game and says THAT, it has to linger in the back of players' minds.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Crazier things have happened in the past, but Cincinnati has a layup of a playoff game this weekend. Both Huntley and Brown are very bad QBs and pose little threat. The Ravens still have a strong running game and strong defense, but this is a game where the QB difference is so large that Cincinnati should be playing Buffalo about a week and a half from now.

I’d say losing this game would be up there with losing the Chargers playoff game in 13’
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's the first thing I noticed lol.

It could motivate them

Thought the same.
This might motivate the Rat Turds a little more to show him up. Lol
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 07:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well this all but confirms what many figured. Lamar will not suit up.

The Ravens organization knew this all along. It's why they pressed for the whacko coin-flip, sat key players, and took shots at our guys last week.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Crazier things have happened in the past, but Cincinnati has a layup of a playoff game this weekend. Both Huntley and Brown are very bad QBs and pose little threat. The Ravens still have a strong running game and strong defense, but this is a game where the QB difference is so large that Cincinnati should be playing Buffalo about a week and a half from now.

Spot on KillerGoose. Thanks Lamar for just thinking about yourself, It's all good. Another playoff win hopefully. Not going all confident 
against Harbaugh who is one of the best Playoff HC's ever. I love our Defense against the run. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 12:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: His son is a current ref.

Like father like son? Or does he have poor eyesight?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 12:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: People who talk about how the officials will influence a game on orders from the NFL simply don't realize that these are guys that have regular, full time jobs aside from football. If the NFL went to full time officials, trained them year round, etc etc, it would be easier to have them influence games because they would be full time, paid by the NFL people that could be trained to effect the outcome of games. 

That's why it's so silly to talk about "the refs rigged...". They're simply humans that make mistakes from time to time. 

This makes zero sense. Sure, they have normal jobs. I don't see many listed that are high paying gigs though. They likely make more reffing for the NFL part time than they do at their full-time gigs. How easy is it for the NFL to say, "If you want to keep your part time gig, we want you to watch this team closer, otherwise go on back to your middle school" The league give refs "Grades" do they not? And, FWIW, I don't think the NFL ever comes out and says "We want so and so to win" but you can say something without saying something in a way that anyone can understand the intention.
Reply/Quote

When I watch Huntley play, there is nothing that screams very bad quarterback to me. He is just Lamar Light.
Reply/Quote
Nice Lamar. Nothing like telling your team they most likely can't win without you lol...
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When I watch Huntley play, there is nothing that screams very bad quarterback to me. He is just Lamar Light.

He has played in 12 games in his career, and has thrown more TDs than INTs in only three of those. Out of 50 QBs with 100+ dropbacks this season, he is 45th in passer rating. On the rushing front, he averages less yards per carry than Joe Burrow. He put together a couple of strong games last season, which is when people got really high on him. They were against Cleveland and GB. Since then, Huntley has posted a 63% completion percentage for 996 yards (5.69 yards per attempt), two touchdowns, six interceptions (68 QB rating) and has averaged 4.3 yards per carry on 61 attempts.

He is terrible, man. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When I watch Huntley play, there is nothing that screams very bad quarterback to me. He is just Lamar Light.

?? Lamar light? Justin Fields is Lamar light. Huntley isn’t that good of a runner
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 11:04 AM)Tony Wrote: Nice Lamar. Nothing like telling your team they most likely can't win without you lol...

Yes sir lol
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I miss Jerry Seeman.

His has probably turned to sawdust by now.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 08:00 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Do we have to fight the refs as well?

I don't know if I heard this or just dreamed it, but I believe I heard that his crew favors home teams (in regards to penalties assessed) more than any other crew in the league. If true, this bunch calls way more penalties on visiting teams.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote