Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Ravens 8:15 PM Sunday
(01-09-2023, 09:16 PM)jason Wrote: It's sad how many of you work on MLK day.

In the construction trades, you're lucky to get Christmas off my friend.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s on midday here on Monday. Awesome time slot for me. BBQ smoking away and beers.
Reply/Quote
Well, it certainly looks like when the Bengals win, they will be going to Buffalo. Tua ruled out, Bridgewater, still dealing with a injured throwing hand, and Miami planning to start the rookie Thompson. The line on there game favors Buffalo by almost two touchdowns.

I just hope the Bengals come out of this without major injuries, so they are further handicapped against a rested Buffalo team playing at home.

But the Bengals/Bills playoff game should be another primetime game.
Reply/Quote
Do we have to fight the refs as well?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The line is currently -8 to -8.5 in most places. 

Home teams favored by 8 or more in the Wild Card round are 22-3 all-time and have only lost once since 1996.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 08:00 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Do we have to fight the refs as well?

wouldnt be surprised
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 08:00 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Do we have to fight the refs as well?

Full officials crews for all wildcard games this weekend at https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/01/nfl-assigns-officiating-crews-for-the-wild-card-playoffs/
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 08:46 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Full officials crews for all wildcard games this weekend at https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/01/nfl-assigns-officiating-crews-for-the-wild-card-playoffs/

Thank you. 

I would have to say it is so funny to read their full-time occupations: Middle School Principal, IT manager, fiscal manager, writer/producer, high school administrator, engineer, claims adjuster, even a food service director.

When will this multi-billion dollar operation get full-time officiating crews? You know, ones that don't go back to work on Monday in a middle school.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:34 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: In the construction trades, you're lucky to get Christmas off my friend.

I'm in the same hustle. Independent contractor for 8 years... Work for a black owned company now. I've been sitting MLK day out for years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 08:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: Thank you. 

I would have to say it is so funny to read their full-time occupations: Middle School Principal, IT manager, fiscal manager, writer/producer, high school administrator, engineer, claims adjuster, even a food service director.

When will this multi-billion dollar operation get full-time officiating crews. You know, ones that don't go back to work on Monday in a middle school.

When the league isn't rum by (mostly) total d!cks. 

They don't care about the quality of the product that much. There is no competition. People are buying it anyway. Why pay money to fox what is not broken? 

Plus, there is a segment that thinks controversies (blwn calls) are good for the league as it creates "buzz" and what not. 
Reply/Quote
I miss Jerry Seeman.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 08:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: Thank you. 

When will this multi-billion dollar operation get full-time officiating crews? You know, ones that don't go back to work on Monday in a middle school.

People who talk about how the officials will influence a game on orders from the NFL simply don't realize that these are guys that have regular, full time jobs aside from football. If the NFL went to full time officials, trained them year round, etc etc, it would be easier to have them influence games because they would be full time, paid by the NFL people that could be trained to effect the outcome of games. 

That's why it's so silly to talk about "the refs rigged...". They're simply humans that make mistakes from time to time. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I miss Jerry Seeman.

His son is a current ref.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:35 AM)pally Wrote: It is the best match up of the wildcard round.

Is it? I think Chargers/Jags or Cowboys/Bucs have a better chance at being competitive.

Look for the Bengals to put together a complete game this weekend and steamroll.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The SI article I read said they expected the swelling from the PCl injury to be gone down by now, but it hasn't and they're not sure why. If he plays on it he's an idiot.

Kind of reminds me of AJ Green’s never healing, always swollen ankle.

It may be a contract ploy but the last 2 seasons he has had injuries that were supposed to have short term recovery times that each took significantly more time. He may just be one of those people whose immune system goes into overdrive with any injury and as a result suffers slow healing due to the abnormal inflammatory response. Bodies respond and heal differently. Fellow Raven JK Dobbins had to have his knee scoped because after his ACL surgery he developed massive hard scar tissue. Until these thing happen you never know how the recovery will go.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:17 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is it? I think Chargers/Jags or Cowboys/Bucs have a better chance at being competitive.

Look for the Bengals to put together a complete game this weekend and steamroll.

Other than the Bengals v Ravens, which isn't as lustrous to national viewers without Lamar, i'm most looking forward to Chargers v Jags.

Reply/Quote
Let's go! Hopefully it's not too cold outside, was thinking on BBQ'n LOLOLOL!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 08:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The line is currently -8 to -8.5 in most places. 

Home teams favored by 8 or more in the Wild Card round are 22-3 all-time and have only lost once since 1996.

Spread now 9.

I almost want Lamar to start. He'd be rusty as hell, and I can't imagine he'd want to run much. (I realize it's HIGHLY unlikely he'll play.

It seemed the Bengals went vanilla play calling once they had the lead. If so, the Bengals will romp.

In Burrow I trust!
Reply/Quote
You know if the playoffs go to plan, the Bengals will be in the Sunday prime slot for the rest of the playoffs. You KNOW Bengal-Bills will be the Sunday night game. There is NO WAY the NFL isn't going to highlight this game. Bengals-Chiefs a no brainer...49ers-Eagles match-up brings together 2 great teams but it's not Burrow-Mahomes whose last 3 meetings went down to the last minute all decided by 3 points. And then of course the Super Bowl.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 07:24 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Spread now 9.

I almost want Lamar to start. He'd be rusty as hell, and I can't imagine he'd want to run much. (I realize it's HIGHLY unlikely he'll play.

It seemed the Bengals went vanilla play calling once they had the lead. If so, the Bengals will romp.

In Burrow I trust!

I'm looking forward to some more exotic schemes!!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote