Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Ravens 8:15 PM Sunday
We were also completely vanilla after the first quarter, so I don't think last week was a fair representation of our offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I predict a squeaker.

23-20 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 32-22. We’re a different class to Baltimore and we are at home. I suspect the boys will be on from the start, ride a 3rd quarter lull and grind out the last.
Reply/Quote
They need to put signs all around the Ravens locker room.. This way to EGRESS ----- If you're unsure of what egress means look it up. Hint: It has nothing to do with birds.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really enjoy Cowherd's interviews with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 23-21
Reply/Quote
At first, I was dismayed by the offense's punchless play in the entire second half.

My niece, who was at the game with my nephew-in-law and a bunch of friends said she thought the Bengals were holding back. Yes, it would have been fun to see an offensive explosion like the game at the end of last year, but there are several good reasons for holding back. It's like a complicated high-stakes poker game or chess match.

Still, it's going to be close and will be one of the better games of the weekend including Jacksonville upsetting the uprooted San Diego Chargers. And ooh, Detroit so deserved to be in the NFC wildcard round, but maybe next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 09:42 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: At first, I was dismayed by the offense's punchless play in the entire second half.

My niece, who was at the game with my nephew-in-law and a bunch of friends said she thought the Bengals were holding back. Yes, it would have been fun to see an offensive explosion like the game at the end of last year, but there are several good reasons for holding back. It's like a complicated high-stakes poker game or chess match.

Still, it's going to be close and will be one of the better games of the weekend including Jacksonville upsetting the uprooted San Diego Chargers. And ooh, Detroit so deserved to be in the NFC wildcard round, but maybe next year.

If we had hung 40 on them last Sunday, it would just give them extra motivation to injure our players this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Take eith a grain of salt, but....

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-knee-faces-an-uphill-battle-to-play-vs-bengals

I would not trust a thing coming out of camp Baltimore. Harbaugh won't want to show his hand. Resetting expectations will help, too. It will give more of a boost if he plays after not being expected to. Rather than the letdown of not playing after being expected to.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 01:00 AM)Earendil Wrote: We were also completely vanilla after the first quarter, so I don't think last week was a fair representation of our offense.

It was pointed out last night on Locked on Bengals, they basically ran a majority of the offense from the 1st 5 weeks, while also experimenting a little with the run game (pistol formations). They chose to not give the Ravens any first hand experience with the current version of their offense. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 07:16 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think it's just like Herbstreit with the Buckeyes. Both guys love they're perspective teams in my opinion. They can't have bias so maybe they go a little over the top trying to make sure they're fair. 

Maybe so, doesn't mean I want him to be like Lap or anything. Collinsworth just praises the stealers entirely too much for my liking.

Gets on my nerves. Whatever

(01-10-2023, 08:39 PM)TheFan Wrote: The Ravens have one of the best defenses in the league. It should surprise no one if it's a low scoring close game. 

(01-10-2023, 09:26 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The D scored 7 of those and set up 14 more. 

If Jackson or Huntley play, we will get less PTS off TOs. 

(01-10-2023, 09:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: defense scored a touchdown and put the bengals in good field position

True, but Burrow missed 2 wide open TD passes to boot, one to Tee and another to Chase. Doubt that happens again.

Left 14 points on the field in the last game.
Reply/Quote
“He is going to decimate the Baltimore Ravens defense. The Baltimore Ravens can sign whoever they want for a hundred billion dollars - it is not going to stop Joe Burrow.” - @RobGronkowski
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: “He is going to decimate the Baltimore Ravens defense. The Baltimore Ravens can sign whoever they want for a hundred billion dollars - it is not going to stop Joe Burrow.” - @RobGronkowski

shut up, gronk
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 01:48 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Take eith a grain of salt, but....

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-knee-faces-an-uphill-battle-to-play-vs-bengals

I would not trust a thing coming out of camp Baltimore. Harbaugh won't want to show his hand.  Resetting expectations will help, too. It will give more of a boost if he plays after not being expected to. Rather than the letdown of not playing after being expected to.
I don't think Harbaugh has any say in this.

Lamar has all the power in contract negotiations right now.  Playing poorly Sunday take some of that away.

He won't play.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:51 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don't think Harbaugh has any say in this.

Lamar has all the power in contract negotiations right now.  Playing poorly Sunday take some of that away.

He won't play.

You are assuming he is clear and choosing not to play.  Not unteasonable by any means. Not necessarily true, either. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:54 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You are assuming he is clear and choosing not to play.  Not unteasonable by any means. Not necessarily true, either. 

The SI article I read said they expected the swelling from the PCl injury to be gone down by now, but it hasn't and they're not sure why. If he plays on it he's an idiot.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:54 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You are assuming he is clear and choosing not to play.  Not unteasonable by any means. Not necessarily true, either. 
I'm not assuming he is or isn't cleared but I am assuming he won't because it's not in his interest.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:02 PM)motoarch Wrote: I'm not assuming he is or isn't cleared but I am assuming he won't because it's not in his interest.

Common sense actually, I don't like to assume anything, but I tend to believe what you saying here and Lamar doesn't play for the 
reasons you mentioned. He will make a lot less money if he plays and plays poorly and he is a bit of a diva to boot and this Defense 
with Hubbard specifically has done well against him in the past.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:02 PM)motoarch Wrote: I'm not assuming he is or isn't cleared but I am assuming he won't because it's not in his interest.

Good point. 

I mean, if there is ANY question about that knee, he'd be a fool to play. They are not winning anything without him in peak form. A game? Possibly. But Cincy, Buffalo, then KC? And THEN the big one? Extreme longshot. 

Now, if he is OK, then it changes the calculus a bit.  He is risking less.  If it gets out later he was clear & didn't want to play, that will hurt his value, too. 
Reply/Quote