Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Steelers Monday Night Predictions
(12-18-2020, 09:22 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Not that it matters but does anyone know who our emergency qb is? If Allen is a no go that leaves Finley as our only qb (as sad as that sounds) and we know Finley ain't making it through 4 quarters without being carted off on the meat wagon with the Steelers D going up against our truly offensive offensive line.

They picked up some dude named Shurmer or something today.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
In 40+ years as a fan of this team, through the ups and downs, Super Bowls, playoff games and 2-14 seasons, and even through the rancid dozen years of the lost decade, I have never had this little interest in a Bengals game or its outcome. Even in the weeks since Joe's injury I have still managed to include them as part of my Sunday. But, every man has his limit, and a Monday night game versus the Steelers with this hopeless shell of a team exceeds mine.

God pity the poor souls who will watch this game, and especially those retched few who will witness this abomination in person. I will be doing anything else.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 09:22 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Not that it matters but does anyone know who our emergency qb is? If Allen is a no go that leaves Finley as our only qb (as sad as that sounds) and we know Finley ain't making it through 4 quarters without being carted off on the meat wagon with the Steelers D going up against our truly offensive offensive line.

Carson Palmer needs to come back for his swansong, and Dalton needs to follow suit eventually.  The life of a MB-era Bengals QB is as follows:

Bengals -> home state team -> AZ for some reason -> Bengals for some reason

Burrow would throw this off because he's from Ohio, but we could give him an honorable mention if he goes from the Bengals to the Saints.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So the Bengals apparently signed this guy to the PS...he has a SB ring. Oh, and he's Pat Shurmur's son, so that probably makes him technically more experienced in coaching than ZT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Shurmur
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 10:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In 40+ years as a fan of this team, through the ups and downs, Super Bowls, playoff games and 2-14 seasons, and even through the rancid dozen years of the lost decade, I have never had this little interest in a Bengals game or its outcome.  Even in the weeks since Joe's injury I have still managed to include them as part of my Sunday. But, every man has his limit, and a Monday night game versus the Steelers with this hopeless shell of a team exceeds mine.  

God pity the poor souls who will watch this game, and especially those retched few who will witness this abomination in person.  I will be doing anything else.

Same
Reply/Quote

At this point, it would probably be Kevin Hogan. I imagine if he comes into the game, it'll be very limited play calling. Or they could just roll with Alex Erickson, who's usually the emergency 3rd QB on game day.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
There's no reason to predict anything other than yet another curb stomping from the bumblebees. Still, Pittsburgh isn't all that, and the Browns-Steelers game is going to be fun. And then the Steelers get a one-and-done in the playoffs, hopefully from the Titans or Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
those squeelers sure recovered from the bell/brown mess they had in their hands...we are still in the gutter.
Reply/Quote
If Thinley is playing, he just might get sacked in the double digits. Assuming he plays the whole game and isnt carted off in the 2nd quarter. This is gong to be a very ugly game and Im saying that despite the steelers not being as dominant as their 11-2 record would suggest. If the bengals manage 3 points with Thinley behind center, I would be shocked
Reply/Quote
Allen out on Monday. Finley to start

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Brandon Allen made it 3 quarters without taking a sack against the Cowboys. And then Ryan Finley came in and managed to get sacked on 2 of his very first 3 plays.

If Finley starts this is going to be an absolutely shit-show.

Steelers - 27
Bengals - 0

It's for Nutsac Taylor to finally accomplish something he has yet to do. Getting shutout.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 02:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Brandon Allen made it 3 quarters without taking a sack against the Cowboys.  And then Ryan Finley came in and managed to get sacked on 2 of his very first 3 plays.

Steelers - 27
Bengals - 0

It's for Nutsac Taylor to finally accomplish something he has yet to do. Getting shutout.

He shouldve been shut out earlier this season against the ravens...but then decided to kick a gutless field goal with 30 seconds left when down by like 27 points
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 02:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Brandon Allen made it 3 quarters without taking a sack against the Cowboys. And then Ryan Finley came in and managed to get sacked on 2 of his very first 3 plays.

Steelers - 27
Bengals - 0

Finley is starting LOL. 100-0 steelers
Reply/Quote
Finley with his career 48.1 completion percent is starting. The Bengals should just go run heavy and also plug in a bunch of players that have not played a lot just to see what they can do, evaluate talent for next year.

My guess is that the Steelers backup QB will be playing at some point in the 4th quarter and not due to Ben being injured. I'd love to see the Bengals do something against the odds and add another loss to the Steelers but it seems highly unlikely. At this point as bad as things have been another loss is an addition for the Bengals for draft position.

What a few years it has been when I'm just rooting for yet another top part of the draft pick instead of a win. Cry

I have a turkey breast going in my slow cooker that I'm looking forward to more than the game tomorrow. My house smells great right now from cooking well seasoned turkey and only a few hours to go before I get to eat it. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Pitt 45-0
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 12:34 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Need to get dubbed. ZT needs humiliated beyond repair. I am thinking 47-3.

Oh I want ZT gone in the worse way. I hope it is embarrassing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 10:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In 40+ years as a fan of this team, through the ups and downs, Super Bowls, playoff games and 2-14 seasons, and even through the rancid dozen years of the lost decade, I have never had this little interest in a Bengals game or its outcome. Even in the weeks since Joe's injury I have still managed to include them as part of my Sunday. But, every man has his limit, and a Monday night game versus the Steelers with this hopeless shell of a team exceeds mine.

God pity the poor souls who will watch this game, and especially those retched few who will witness this abomination in person. I will be doing anything else.

I ditto your sentiments. In the past forty years I did whatever it took to either listen or watch a Bengals game. It is a big deal in my home. However, this Monday I am going to watch something else such as Scrooge or It’s a Wonderful Life with Mr Potter where both characters look like Mike Brown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 01:59 PM)pally Wrote: Allen out on Monday.  Finley to start

[Image: 1062112-1539104828631-0b1e9c1a3919e.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 01:59 PM)pally Wrote: Allen out on Monday.  Finley to start

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 06:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

Maximum overdrive movie clip.  Terrible movie adapted from a stephen king story starring the great emilio estevez and the voice of lisa simpson
Reply/Quote