Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals win chiefs lose and bills lose?
(01-06-2023, 09:42 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Unless we win and they lose to NE then they travel here if we play.

True, but there won't be a neutral site
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:31 PM)pally Wrote: You guys would go in as a 7th seed right?  so wouldn't be using it?  it would work.

Detroit is out.  Indianapolis is out.  Atlanta or New Orleans are still both in the mix.  If they want the game to be played outdoors, since all 3 teams play in outdoor stadiums,  you can add Nashville into the conversation.

Cincinnati-Buffalo should be played in Cleveland.  It has Buffalo type weather so they get an advantage plus its a field we are familiar with so Cincinnati has an advantage plus its easy driving distance for both fan bases

Cincinnati weather can be cold at times. I think you guys get a week every year where it’s below zero right? I remember when I visited down there people from there would tell me in 2014 they had lots of snow. I asked how much and they said 50 inches for the season. That’s lots for down there.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:40 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Wow really? I would have never guessed that. You have to drive down is it Interstate 70 from Cleveland to Cincy?

71N

It's about 4 hours from Cincinnati to Cleveland, and 3 hours from Buffalo to Cleveland, and of course that's just one way.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 71N

It's about 4 hours from Cincinnati to Cleveland, and 3 hours from Buffalo to Cleveland, and of course that's just one way.

I liked Cincinnati as a city way more than Cleveland. I wasn’t a fan of Cleveland. Canton also seemed like a rougher town where the Hall of fame is.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Apples to Oranges.. Ravens and Bengals are for division and the NFL decided since there is a game different in played games they would do the flip since they have same wins.. .. Bills and Bengals have same games played so tiebreakers would be the norm.   Chiefs have a higher winning percentage than Bengals with lose and win so they would be 1st seed.   

I think the NFL did a good job with issues between KC Bills and Bengals, it was the Bengals and Ravens that was the bad part of deal.. that is want most upset the organization... if they took the coin flip out, what the NFL decided was just fine especially the neutral field piece.. bottom line we have football and you have to win to move on.. so lets win...

The problem with the coin flip is that it involves a completely different set of rules than what the league has for a #2 versus #3 game against KC. If the Bengals have a 1/2 game lead on the Ravens (11-5 versus 11-6), the Bengals have to flip a coin for home field. If the Chiefs have a 1/2 game lead on the Bengals (13-4 versus 12-4), the Chiefs get home field. 

At any rate, the best scenario for the Bengals is that proposed: Chiefs and Bills lose, and Bengals win. But if the Chiefs lose on Saturday, and the Bills win on Sunday, the Bengals (unless a wildcard wins) have to play at Arrowhead and then at Buffalo. The key for the Bengals to get home field in the 2 x 3 game is for the Bills to lose and slide to 3.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:52 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I liked Cincinnati as a city way more than Cleveland. I wasn’t a fan of Cleveland. Canton also seemed like a rougher town where the Hall of fame is.

Their river caught fire.. multiple times. Even people in Cleveland aren't fans of Cleveland.   Ninja (but only sorta  Ninja Lol)

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:   Bengals are the best team in the AFC, and possibly the entire league.  They now have a giant chip on shoulder.  They have #9.

This right here is what excites me as the NFL dry fricks our cheesecake during a Vaseline prohibition. This may possibly be an inextenguishable spark that ignites them to a Lombardi. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:31 PM)pally Wrote: You guys would go in as a 7th seed right?  so wouldn't be using it?  it would work.

Detroit is out.  Indianapolis is out.  Atlanta or New Orleans are still both in the mix.  If they want the game to be played outdoors, since all 3 teams play in outdoor stadiums,  you can add Nashville into the conversation.

Cincinnati-Buffalo should be played in Cleveland.  It has Buffalo type weather so they get an advantage plus its a field we are familiar with so Cincinnati has an advantage plus its easy driving distance for both fan bases

I don;t think it should be in any state of any team.. I like Chicago
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: The problem with the coin flip is that it involves a completely different set of rules than what the league has for a #2 versus #3 game against KC. If the Bengals have a 1/2 game lead on the Ravens (11-5 versus 11-6), the Bengals have to flip a coin for home field. If the Chiefs have a 1/2 game lead on the Bengals (13-4 versus 12-4), the Chiefs get home field. 

At any rate, the best scenario for the Bengals is that proposed: Chiefs and Bills lose, and Bengals win. But if the Chiefs lose on Saturday, and the Bills win on Sunday, the Bengals (unless a wildcard wins) have to play at Arrowhead and then at Buffalo. The key for the Bengals to get home field in the 2 x 3 game is for the Bills to lose and slide to 3.

Im not saying I agree with coin flip but what I see different and im thinking the NFL does its both have 11 wins... im not sure why they did not do % , but KC has more wins 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 12:53 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don;t think it should be in any state of any team.. I like Chicago

Problem with Chicago is the field itself is notoriously shitty and probably most importantly it's also the smallest capacity stadium among all NFL teams.

Just 61,500 capacity in Chicago vs 67,895 in Cleveland, 69,143 in Nashville, or 81,441 in Green Bay. Tickets for last year's AFC Championship game were $445-3,600. We're talking missing out on millions and millions of dollars from tickets alone even before parking, concessions, merch, etc, is factored in. (Of course luxury suites are probably where the big ticket money is, but I don't know the numbers on those.)

Reply/Quote
Liberty Bowl, Memphis
Come see Graceland, Beale St, great BBQ!
Bonus! I live just outside Little Rock, so…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 01:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Problem with Chicago is the field itself is notoriously shitty and probably most importantly it's also the smallest capacity stadium among all NFL teams.

Just 61,500 capacity in Chicago vs 67,895 in Cleveland, 69,143 in Nashville, or 81,441 in Green Bay. Tickets for last year's AFC Championship game were $445-3,600. We're talking missing out on millions and millions of dollars from tickets alone even before parking, concessions, merch, etc, is factored in. (Of course luxury suites are probably where the big ticket money is, but I don't know the numbers on those.)

Nashville and Atlanta seem like the 2 best spots to me, covering both indoor and outdoor. 

NO and Carolina look pretty good too. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 01:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nashville and Atlanta seem like the 2 best spots to me, covering both indoor and outdoor. 

NO and Carolina look pretty good too. 

Bleh to indoor games, both dome and retractable. Panthers might be an interesting choice. Interesting fact, though...

Burrow, Mahomes, and Allen have all never lost in a dome. 3-0, 7-0, and 6-0, respectively.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 01:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bleh to indoor games, both dome and retractable. Interesting fact, though...

Burrow, Mahomes, and Allen have all never lost in a dome. 3-0, 7-0, and 6-0, respectively.

Good. The Cincinnati Burrows are notorious streak breakers. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Louisville is pretty much center mass between KC and Buffalo.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think ownership should request that an amendment be made so that we have an opportunity for the #1 seed via coin flip.
Reply/Quote
The best thing is if KC loses and Bills win. Then we'll have to play KC in KC in the divisional round and Buffalo in Buffalo in the championship game. Sounds super fair to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 12:56 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im not saying I agree with coin flip but what I see different and im thinking the NFL does its both have 11 wins... im not sure why they did not do % , but KC has more wins 

I can't imagine that is the reason. The NFL said that if the Bengals finish 11-5 and the Ravens 11-6, the Ravens should have the opportunity to have the coin flip because the Bengals could have lost the Bills-Bengals game and thus both finish 11-6.  Then they turn around and say if the Bengals finish 12-4 and KC finishes 13-4, and they are in the 3rd and 2nd spot respectively, the game will be at Arrowhead. But by the same reasoning as above, the Bengals and Chiefs could have finished with the same record had the Bengals played the game. In the first scenario, they posit a loss for the Bengals for the Ravens to get the coin flip. In the second scenario, they ignore the Bengals potentially winning and instead just put the game in Arrowhead.

Essex, I don't believe we will find any other explanation than bias. They have the same situation but did not follow the rule they made for the Bengals-Ravens game when they considered the Bengals-Chiefs, 2 x 3 game. They made a different rule for the same situation. 

I would love the committee to give an answer. But I don't think they ever would, because it clearly is a conscious decision to make two different rules for the same scenario, the first benefitting the Ravens and the second benefitting the Chiefs.

If the rules were consistent, I could accept them. These are not consistent and a rather clear case of bias.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:19 PM)packerbacker Wrote: How bout Lambeau?

If Lucas Oil Stadium was really their 1st choice then Godell was blatantly trying to appease us. This would’ve been a Bengals home game plain and simple.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 10:14 AM)Housh Wrote: If Lucas Oil Stadium was really their 1st choice then Godell was blatantly trying to appease us. This would’ve been a Bengals home game plain and simple.

We will leave our stadium open for you guys. If you guys can leave it in great shape afterward lol.
Reply/Quote