Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals win chiefs lose and bills lose?
Well, Chiefs obviously aren't losing.
Just the fans who paid too much for seats.
While the players collect checks and go to their comfortable houses
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 08:18 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Well, Chiefs obviously aren't losing.
Just the fans who paid too much for seats.
While the players collect checks and go to their comfortable houses

Called choice brother fans can be watching from their comfortable home as a nfl player is facing severe njury every game
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well looks like our cancelled game was mute on getting 1st seed Chiefs are rolling
Reply/Quote
The key for the Bengals has always been the Bills game. The odds of the trifecta -- Chiefs and Bills losing, Bengals winning -- always seemed remote given who the Chiefs and Bills are playing. But whether the Chiefs won or not, the Bills game determined whether the Bengals get a home game in the 2nd round. If KC lost and Bills won, the Bengals were at KC for the 2nd round. If KC won and Bills won, the Bengals were at Bills. But if Bills lost, then Bengals would be lined up for a home game in the 2nd round if they get past the first playoff game.

Question is: Can New England beat the Bills with the game at Buffalo? Seems very remote, to be honest. If they don't, then the Bengals would be playing Buffalo at Buffalo if they get by the first round. A real bummer given that the MNF game could have determined the home field.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well looks like our cancelled game was mute on getting 1st seed Chiefs are rolling

Yup, meanwhile had they played the game Wednesday and then had the Bengals and Ravens play Monday with a shot at the 2 seed people would be upset when players got hurt or rested because of the short time between games.

It's still super simple, beat the Ravens and host a playoff game. All the angst around here for nothing. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: The key for the Bengals has always been the Bills game. The odds of the trifecta -- Chiefs and Bills losing, Bengals winning -- always seemed remote given who the Chiefs and Bills are playing. But whether the Chiefs won or not, the Bills game determined whether the Bengals get a home game in the 2nd round. If KC lost and Bills won, the Bengals were at KC for the 2nd round. If KC won and Bills won, the Bengals were at Bills. But if Bills lost, then Bengals would be lined up for a home game in the 2nd round if they get past the first playoff game.

Question is: Can New England beat the Bills with the game at Buffalo? Seems very remote, to be honest. If they don't, then the Bengals would be playing Buffalo at Buffalo if they get by the first round. A real bummer given that the MNF game could have determined the home field.

I agree that the MNF game was mainly about avoiding traveling to Buffalo in the postseason.  The Bengals could have won out and at the very least secured 2 home games. 

That sucks, but as much as I don't want to see them go to Buffalo, there's one small elephant in the room.  The Bills have a terrific offense that's tough to gameplan for, but that secondary has been banged up all season.  Now it's even more depleted after MNF.  Their home field advantage is significant, but I'm not sure how intimidated I am by that pass defense.  The Bengals were basically moving the ball at will.  Tre White is a terrific corner who is healthy, but they went right after him with Ja'Marr, and it went badly for him.  

I guess what I'm saying is; although I have a lot of respect for Buffalo's offense from a football standpoint, I don't like their chances on defense.  I think the Bills are a team the Bengals should beat
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yup, meanwhile had they played the game Wednesday and then had the Bengals and Ravens play Monday with a shot at the 2 seed people would be upset when players got hurt or rested because of the short time between games.

It's still super simple, beat the Ravens and host a playoff game. All the angst around here for nothing. 

Not just around here: ESPN has a front-page article titled: "Sources: Bengals livid coin might take away home-field edge;

Here is the money quote: "The league told Cincinnati it should be happy it has been declared the AFC North winner, but the Bengals were furious the rules were changed on the fly and their playoff path intentionally altered."

T"he Cincinnati organization feels as if the Ravens have been given enhanced opportunities that the Bengals were not and believes it has been treated unfairly by the league. Cincinnati voted against the new playoff scenario that other NFL owners approved on a Zoom call Friday.  The Bengals not only voted no but also voiced their intense opposition to the league -- to no avail"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35399525/sources-bengals-livid-coin-take-away-homefield-edge

I don't know why some posters think changing the rules is no big deal. The actual Bengals organization and players do.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Called choice brother fans can be watching from their comfortable home as a nfl player is facing severe njury every game

Which is why they paid so much, in part.

Still doesn't excuse lying down when paying fans want entertainment 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:23 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not just around here: ESPN has a front-page article titled: "Sources: Bengals livid coin might take away home-field edge;

Here is the money quote: "The league told Cincinnati it should be happy it has been declared the AFC North winner, but the Bengals were furious the rules were changed on the fly and their playoff path intentionally altered."

T"he Cincinnati organization feels as if the Ravens have been given enhanced opportunities that the Bengals were not and believes it has been treated unfairly by the league. Cincinnati voted against the new playoff scenario that other NFL owners approved on a Zoom call Friday.  The Bengals not only voted no but also voiced their intense opposition to the league -- to no avail"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35399525/sources-bengals-livid-coin-take-away-homefield-edge

I don't know why some posters think changing the rules is no big deal. The actual Bengals organization and players do.

Because the Bengals control their own destiny.

Beat the Ravens as they should and you have a home playoff game.

If they lose the game and lose a coin toss be upset but seriously all they have to do is beat a team they should and there is zero room for angst.

But what about the 2 seed???? The players are not upset that game was canceled therefore they knew that the 2 seed was gone and the Chiefs won so really there was no chance at the 1 seed. 

If the league finishes the Bills Bengals game, it would have been Weds at best as Hamlin updates on Tuesday were none. The league isn't pushing back the playoffs for 1 game it isn't happening. So the Bengals would play Wednesday and then play again Monday. Do you understand the odds of winning both games would be super low and the odds of injury in the 2nd game would be super high. Most likely the Bengals beat the Bills and rest starters to avoid injury on the quick turn against the Ravens. 

Again all this angst is about what could happen... 

Win the damn game Sunday and none of it matters.  That's why I think all this file suit and crying is stupid.

You don't file suit cause it might happen..... that's literally one of the dumbest statements I've ever read on this board. They lose to the Ravens, be pissed but also be pissed they laid a turd in a game when it mattered against a team they should beat.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yup, meanwhile had they played the game Wednesday and then had the Bengals and Ravens play Monday with a shot at the 2 seed people would be upset when players got hurt or rested because of the short time between games.

It's not just that.   It's the fact that the NFL did what it did.

This isn't supposed to be the scripted WWF where they just do whatever they want.

There is a rulebook.  There is a rule for a cancelled game.  I don't care WHY the game was cancelled nor do the rules specify.  This is the biggest problem I have with the whole thing.  That's practically the definition of rigged.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:45 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It's not just that.   It's the fact that the NFL did what it did.

This isn't supposed to be the scripted WWF where they just do whatever they want.

There is a rulebook.  There is a rule for a canceled game.  I don't care WHY the game was cancelled nor do the rules specify.  This is the biggest problem I have with the whole thing.  That's practically the definition of rigged.

And when the Bengals win tomorrow, then what? 

If they stick to the rules for the cancelled game the best the Bengals do is get the 3 seed. And a win tomorrow sets them up exactly for that path.

So that is why I am tired of the crying. People are crying about something that hasn't even happened.

I thought we were a Super Bowl team in most fans eyes? If that is true beating the Ravens tomorrow should be a given.

So which is it? You have faith in your team and they are good enough to handle their business or not?

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And when the Bengals win tomorrow, then what? 

If they stick to the rules for the cancelled game the best the Bengals do is get the 3 seed. And a win tomorrow sets them up exactly for that path.

So that is why I am tired of the crying. People are crying about something that hasn't even happened.

I thought we were a Super Bowl team in most fans eyes? If that is true beating the Ravens tomorrow should be a given.

So which is it? You have faith in your team and they are good enough to handle their business or not?

Bengals can still be #2 with a win and Buffalo loss to NE.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Because the Bengals control their own destiny.

Beat the Ravens as they should and you have a home playoff game.

If they lose the game and lose a coin toss be upset but seriously all they have to do is beat a team they should and there is zero room for angst.

But what about the 2 seed???? The players are not upset that game was canceled therefore they knew that the 2 seed was gone and the Chiefs won so really there was no chance at the 1 seed. 

If the league finishes the Bills Bengals game, it would have been Weds at best as Hamlin updates on Tuesday were none. The league isn't pushing back the playoffs for 1 game it isn't happening. So the Bengals would play Wednesday and then play again Monday. Do you understand the odds of winning both games would be super low and the odds of injury in the 2nd game would be super high. Most likely the Bengals beat the Bills and rest starters to avoid injury on the quick turn against the Ravens. 

Again all this angst is about what could happen... 

Win the damn game Sunday and none of it matters.  That's why I think all this file suit and crying is stupid.

You don't file suit cause it might happen..... that's literally one of the dumbest statements I've ever read on this board. They lose to the Ravens, be pissed but also be pissed they laid a turd in a game when it mattered against a team they should beat.

I don't know about dumb, but your statement that the Bengals still control their own destiny is flat out false.  

They controlled their own destiny when they had the opportunity to beat the Bills and Ravens to obtain the 2 seed outright.  Now they need Buffalo to lose a game in which they have no control of the outcome.  That's the difference here.  It's much more favorable to have a shot at a team you need to beat in your own stadium.  This is particularly true when you are better than the team that you need to do the job the next week (NE).  

Between the 3 teams at the top of the AFC, one of them was likely going to have to go through two of Arrowhead, Buffalo, or Paycor to get to the Super Bowl.  It's not hard to imagine why a team would want to avoid that, no matter how confident they are.  It's much more likely after the changes that the team that has to do that will be the Bengals, when before they had at least a decent chance of avoiding it by playing well.  Now they need someone else to play well and help them.  

That's basically the definition of not controlling your own destiny.

You are correct in your assertion that the Bengals can control where they play the WC game by winning tomorrow. That's not quite the gripe other than the weird coin flip concept. The gripe is that they had a chance to get a 2 seed by winning a football game. Instead, the league took that opportunity from them and decided to leave it up to chance.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We get 2nd seed
If we play the Chiefs it'll be at a neutral site.
I'd imagine if the NFL picks the neutral site; it'll beat University of Kansas

No shit man lol
Reply/Quote

Yep
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 10:52 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't know about dumb, but your statement that the Bengals still control their own destiny is flat out false.  

They controlled their own destiny when they had the opportunity to beat the Bills and Ravens to obtain the 2 seed outright.  Now they need Buffalo to lose a game in which they have no control over the outcome.  That's the difference here.  It's much more favorable to have a shot at a team you need to beat in your own stadium.  This is particularly true when you are better than the team that you need to do the job the next week (NE).  

Between the 3 teams at the top of the AFC, one of them was likely going to have to go through two of Arrowhead, Buffalo, or KC to get to the Super Bowl.  It's not hard to imagine why a team would want to avoid that, no matter how confident they are.  It's much more likely after the changes that the team that has to do that will be the Bengals, when before they had at least a decent chance of avoiding it by playing well.  Now they need someone else to play well and help them.  

That's basically the definition of not controlling your own destiny.

Yes sir, the man took controlling our own destiny out of our hands...

And in the most blatant way possible.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:40 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Which is why they paid so much, in part.

Still doesn't excuse lying down when paying fans want entertainment 

Not sure your point 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:23 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not just around here: ESPN has a front-page article titled: "Sources: Bengals livid coin might take away home-field edge;

Fantastic post as usual Nepa. I just don't understand some of our posters on here honestly.

I still think we win the whole thing but this is breaking their own damn rules and is pathetically worse than even the stealer days even.

Just blown away by our own fans right now trying to let the rules be broken. If they did this to the stealers I would even say I don't like it.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure your point 

I don't understand his point either, just wondering if you think that we should not get a Home game even if we won the Division????

This to me is the most radical thing the NFL has ever done against our team BY FAR.

You don't just change the rules about Home Field advantage to favor another team. This is BLATANT FAVORITISM.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 10:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No shit man lol

No neutral site for us now that Chiefs won.
Reply/Quote