Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With
The Bengals typically start fast under Lewis. That's a good thing. The toughest games, arguably, are in the first 6 weeks. There are also some potential games against teams that could be easier depending how their season goes.

Both games vs Baltimore, could be easier if their season doesn't go as planned. Same for the Philly and Buffalo games. At Cleveland is better later in the year, given they are likely fighting more for a draft pick than a playoff spot.

Obviously thins could change, but if I'm the Bengals, I'd rather play the tougher teams early, when we're healthier (sans Burfict, obviously). I'd also rather play the fringe playoff teams early, instead of when they are fighting for their lives. I'd rather play the terrible teams late, when they have already given up (look at the top 8 teams in the draft last year in the final 3 weeks...they only really beat each other).
Reply/Quote
Again...pre-season SOS means nothing.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 03:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: Again...pre-season SOS means nothing.

Last year the Bengals had the 2nd toughest SOS. 8 of their 16 games were against teams at .500 or better.

They ended up playing against 6 playoff teams, they played the Steelers twice. 5 of those 6 teams won of their playoff games. 2 teams made it to the conference championship. One of them won the Super Bowl.

Either way, I'm not worried about strength of schedule. But looking at this year compared to last, it's safe to say none of us should be worried.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
People always freak about the schedule because they automatically assume that everyone from last year will remain good and all the shitty teams will improve.

Truth is, there will be 1/3 of the league who sucks and by the middle of the year everyone will want to be playing. Probably a few teams that we all are projecting to be "good" right now. For the Bengals, teams like the Jets, Bills, Redskins and Giants, all teams who were decent last year, who could be a train wreck this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 01:25 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The Bengals typically start fast under Lewis. That's a good thing. The toughest games, arguably, are in the first 6 weeks. There are also some potential games against teams that could be easier depending how their season goes.

Both games vs Baltimore, could be easier if their season doesn't go as planned. Same for the Philly and Buffalo games. At Cleveland is better later in the year, given they are likely fighting more for a draft pick than a playoff spot.

Obviously thins could change, but if I'm the Bengals, I'd rather play the tougher teams early, when we're healthier (sans Burfict, obviously). I'd also rather play the fringe playoff teams early, instead of when they are fighting for their lives. I'd rather play the terrible teams late, when they have already given up (look at the top 8 teams in the draft last year in the final 3 weeks...they only really beat each other).

The Bengals has had a better second half of the season than the first half of the season under Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 12:24 PM)kevin Wrote: I'll start with losing a home game. 8 road games and 7 home games.  Sorry, London is not Cincinnati.  I hope Bengals season ticket holders don't get charged for the normal 8 home game season or they are getting the shaft.  That is huge to lose a home game on the schedule.

The Road Games : 2 trips to New York to play Jets and Giants. Bengals haven't done well in New York over the years. At Dallas, Bengals haven't done well at Dallas over the years. At New England, Bengals haven't done well at New England over the years.  At Houston, Bengals haven't done well at Houston over the years. Then you add at Pittsburg, at Baltimore and at Cleveland. ....Right off, I don't like those road games. That is a road schedule of places Bengals have had a lot of trouble in over the years.  8 hard road games.

The Neutral Site Game :  London England playing Washington.  This is no home game.  Washington has already won a little on this in the fact that they don't lose a home game, and we do. ..This is just awful, losing a game in THE JUNGLE on the schedule.

THE JUNGLE : After starting on the road at New York on 9-11 and at Pittsburg, are you kidding me. The home opener in week 3 is Denver who just beat Carolina in Super Bowl.  Are they trying to start us out 0-3 on the season. .....Then Miami, Buffalo and Philadelphia.  Plus Pittsburg, Baltimore and Cleveland.  I always like our chances in THE JUNGLE.

Bengals are going to have to be better than ever, because this schedule was dealt from the bottom of the deck. It is stacked for Bengals to finish 8-8 or worse. It is set up for Bengals to start 0-3, and teams rarely start 0-3 and make play-offs. ....The worst is Bengals have 8 road games and only 7 home games.

There is nothing to like about this schedule.  Not even the 4 Prime Time Games, 5 if you include nationally shown London game....because Bengals have not done that well in Prime Time or Play-Offs. ......Bengals will have to get the led out and play great football to avoid missing play-offs because this schedule is a stacked deck not in their favor......Starting at New York on 9-11 and all the emotion of New York and the Nation thrown behind the Jets in that one, at Pittsburg and then home to face Super Bowl Denver. The NFL really wants Bengals to start 0-3. .......I never complain about the schedule because you have 8 on the road and 8 at home, BUT NOT THIS YEAR. 

but it was ranked the 4th easiest.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 03:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: Again...pre-season SOS means nothing.

I think people make way too big a deal out of it than they should, but it has to mean more than SOMETHING.  If you're telling me there is no way to tell if we are going to have a harder time playing the Patriots or the Browns I'd call your bluff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote