Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals working out Dwight Freeney
I dont care about the money,offer him more then zona to get us a ring.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well considering that the Cardinals got him for 1 year/970k last year, I doubt his salary demands will be unreasonable.

I could see at least 1-2 mil... he wasn't signed till after the season started last year
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I could see at least 1-2 mil... he wasn't signed till after the season started last year

There was a lack of interest last year, just as there is a lack of interest now. Who are the Bengals competing with for his services?

2 million would surprise me and anything over that would be a complete shock. Even though he was productive last season, he is a 36 year old part-time DE. Not much of a market for that. Also keep in mind that he will only play for a contender. That further limits his market and contenders rarely pay much for aging players.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
They used to not mention visits until they were over, but Hobs has been speaking freely about visits and such all offseason (Easley, Freeley, LaFell) so you can't tell if they are serous signings are not. They've been getting name dropped by Hobs either way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There was a lack of interest last year, just as there is a lack of interest now. Who are the Bengals competing with for his services?

2 million would surprise me and anything over that would be a complete shock. Even though he was productive last season, he is a 36 year old part-time DE. Not much of a market for that. Also keep in mind that he will only play for a contender. That further limits his market and contenders rarely pay much for aging players.

Plus he is not a run stopper and would only be used in passing situations.

Should be cheap and he wants a ring just like Dansby.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There was a lack of interest last year, just as there is a lack of interest now. Who are the Bengals competing with for his services?

just saying if he signed for almost a mil in mid October he will probly get at least a mil if signed before camp.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just saying if he signed for almost a mil in mid October he will probly get at least a mil if signed before camp.

I know. What I was saying is that I think his price will have more to do with his market (currently the Bengals are the only team showing any interest), age and other factors, rather than when he is signed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 12:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was thinking about that...

Hope Hardison becomes that inside pass rusher we need or Deshawn Williams.

But i still must say that Billings has shown lots as a pass rusher at Baylor.

The thing is Freeney, Dunlap and Atkins would be a terror on 3rd and longs for opposing QB's. Shocked

Billings from all reports and what video I have seen just over powers guys in pass rush. He doesn't really have a move, which makes me think at least early on he will be two downs and out. Over time he may develop one though.
Reply/Quote
I guess the Freeney train is onto Atlanta..
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 04:05 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I guess the Freeney train is onto Atlanta..

The report is he will workout there next week, it never said he left here or he didn't have an offer. Often times they have future workouts planned to create leverage to "not let them leave".
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 02:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Billings from all reports and what video I have seen just over powers guys in pass rush. He doesn't really have a move, which makes me think at least early on he will be two downs and out. Over time he may develop one though.

That is very true, still, a dude that strong should be able to do it one on one even in the NFL.

Cannot wait to watch Billings this year when he does come on the field. I am also hoping one of Hardison or Deshawn Williams shows up.

I don't have much hope for Hunt or Clarke from what we have seen so far which is why i would love us to sign Freeney.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 04:05 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I guess the Freeney train is onto Atlanta..

....now he is gone haha
Reply/Quote
Left without contract im sad, either didnt offer enough or hes weighing best option ,but i seriously doubt he picks us now.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 05:29 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Left without contract im sad, either didnt offer enough or hes weighing best option ,but i seriously doubt he picks us now.

or maybe he was asking too money.. a bit early though to say this is a dead end
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 05:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: or maybe he was asking too money.. a bit early though to say this is a dead end

Well find out in a week or two whenhe signs elsewhere
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 05:29 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Left without contract im sad, either didnt offer enough or hes weighing best option ,but i seriously doubt he picks us now.

Sad but true. If ATL is interested, it will only drive up his price and I don't see the Bengals paying much more than vet minimum for a guy like Freeney.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 05:47 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Well find out in a week or two whenhe signs elsewhere

and so what if he signs with another team.. the Bengals did bring him in, assumed they worked him out, we just don;t know any details at this point
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 05:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sad but true. If ATL is interested, it will only drive up his price and I don't see the Bengals paying much more than vet minimum for a guy like Freeney.

I'm sure the Bengals have a price they are willing to pay an unrestricted free agent and no more so it doesn't affect next year's comp picks.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 07:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm sure the Bengals have a price they are willing to pay an unrestricted free agent and no more so it doesn't affect next year's comp picks.

Yup.  Because those additional comp picks are going to be even cheaper for at least 3 years...  
Reply/Quote
Leaving without a contract doesn't mean it's not happening. Just means it ain't happening now.

Hell when Nelson was a free agent last time he dipped out without a contract.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote