Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernard released
(04-12-2021, 06:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You’re not the only one. You will also see excessive use of the term gaslighting. Red herring is another that people will throw out a lot.

Gaslighting is the most overused term these days 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Note: This is not directed at Luvnit2, nor is it a dig.

Am I the only who feels the use of "staw-man argument" on the internet has gone up like 10,000% over the last decade?

There's nothing wrong with the term but I feel like seeing it used is almost inescapable these days.  It's almost the message board version of something like "synergy" or "outside the box" in cooperate speak.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I swear I never saw this used so much until these last few years.  I guess that's ok, but good God does it seem like it's overused. (Are there really that many more straw-man arguments being made in 2021 than were in 2011, or did a bunch of people learn a new phrase?)

PS Semi-related: If I see one more person use "Sir, this is a Wendy's" and act like they're writing something hilarious I'm going to lose my shit.
It is what it is. YOLO !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:58 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Gaslighting is the most overused term these days 

but you cant light a fart on fire
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 10:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but you cant light a fart on fire

Oh contraire.....

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 04:53 PM)pally Wrote: Gio lands with Bruce Arians and Tom Brady

Great news for Gio, hope we meet him in the Super Bowl. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I didn't watch any Bucs games, so seeing this drop rate is shocking. Certainly explains why Brady was personally trying to recruit White and Bernard.

14.7% is actually worse than John Ross level hands (16 drops on 123 targets, or 13%). Oof. That's even more terrible considering Brady threw something like 118 attempts at RBs last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 05:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I didn't watch any Bucs games, so seeing this drop rate is shocking. Certainly explains why Brady was personally trying to recruit White and Bernard.

14.7% is actually worse than John Ross level hands (16 drops on 123 targets, or 13%). Oof. That's even more terrible considering Brady threw something like 118 attempts at RBs last year.

Wow, yeah they definitely needed a RB like Gio lol
Reply/Quote

Gio certainly went there to play with Brady and win, not for the money. That signing bonus is probably to buy an apartment/condo in Tampa or lease a house for the year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:
Gio certainly went there to play with Brady and win, not for the money. That signing bonus is probably to buy an apartment/condo in Tampa or lease a house for the year.

No state income tax is a nice perk.
Reply/Quote
Hate brady love gio.

Normally I don't care about players once they level town but if gio gets a shot at a SB I'll be cheering him on.

Even if means cheering on brady. I just vomited typing that last part.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/giovani-bernard-already-feels-a-difference-inside-buccaneers-facilities

Makes you wonder what is actually going on behind the scenes? Doesnt bode well for Bengals when you read it...
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

I believe Gio already lives in Florida.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm really going to miss all the threads about how overpaid Gio was.

The fact that Taylor didn't get more out of Gio is one of the things that has eroded my faith in his offensive guru status.
Reply/Quote
Nice pickup for the Bucs at those bucks. Gio will have a great time with TB.
Reply/Quote
I don't have any stats to back this up, but does anyone else think that on a very high percentage of "swing" or "flare" passes to Bengal RBs coming out of the backfield a defender arrived about the same time the ball did.

It seemed to me that Gio got blown up for no gain on way too many of those type plays.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 07:31 PM)Roland Wrote: I'm really going to miss all the threads about how overpaid Gio was.  

The fact that Taylor didn't get more out of Gio is one of the things that has eroded my faith in his offensive guru status.

Those of us who said Gio was overpaid were 100% correct. We cut him and his 4.1 million base because he refused a pay cut, he got 1.4 million max from Bucs so Bengals FO was correct asking him to take a massive pay cut. In the end, he was 2.7 million overpaid for 2021.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 09:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Those of us who said Gio was overpaid were 100% correct. We cut him and his 4.1 million base because he refused a pay cut, he got 1.4 million max from Bucs so Bengals FO was correct asking him to take a massive pay cut. In the end, he was 2.7 million overpaid for 2021.

Depends is mixon gonna play all the games this year?    He was drastically overpaid last year  (mixon)   
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 06:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/giovani-bernard-already-feels-a-difference-inside-buccaneers-facilities

Makes you wonder what is actually going on behind the scenes? Doesnt bode well for Bengals when you read it...

The moment you realized you've lost 9 yrs of your life.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 12:19 PM)motoarch Wrote: Hate brady love gio.

Normally I don't care about players once they level town but if gio gets a shot at a SB I'll be cheering him on.

Even if means cheering on brady.  I just vomited typing that last part.

Brady is 12-3 against the Steelers and that includes 3-0 in the playoffs. The guy should be a defacto hero in Cincy and Cleveland. 

When you root against Brady you are joining ranks with Steeler fans. 
Reply/Quote