Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best American Band
buddy of mine and i were having this convo yesterday at the bar watching the 1pm games.

I'm a big Skynyrd fan so naturally that's my choice but he's going with The Eagles.

what say you?
Reply/Quote
To me, its Pearl Jam. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I would go with the Eagles over Skynyrd. But it is a matter of personal preference. My preference is Van Halen over both. But that is just me.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
CCR, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and the Chili Peppers are better than all the bands suggested here.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
METALLICA!!!!!!! and hey they are still rocking and not some distant memory.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 04:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: CCR, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and the Chili Peppers are better than all the bands suggested here.

[Image: baxter-cain-baseketball-gif-disgust.gif]
Reply/Quote
According to Wiki, among American bands, Beach Boys are number 1 in total sales followed by Chicago.  Doesn't make them the best...but they both deserve mention.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 05:47 PM)Goalpost Wrote: According to Wiki, among American bands, Beach Boys are number 1 in total sales followed by Chicago.  Doesn't make them the best...but they both deserve mention.

Well sales are one thing... But if you look at the artist selling a ton of albums i wouldnt listen to most of them

but if we arent looking for metal..

The Doors would be my next
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 05:47 PM)Goalpost Wrote: According to Wiki, among American bands,  Beach Boys are number 1 in total sales followed by Chicago.  Doesn't make them the best...but they both deserve mention.

Throw out everything but Pet Sounds and I would say they are one of the greatest Americans bands. 

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 04:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: CCR, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and the Chili Peppers are better than all the bands suggested here.

not one of these bands had a better song than Freebird, or Tuesday's Gone.
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(11-23-2015, 06:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Throw out everything but Pet Sounds and I would say they are one of the greatest Americans bands. 

Listening to Pet Sounds right now because of this post.  Been too long.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:10 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: not one of these bands had a better song than Freebird, or Tuesday's Gone.

Or Simple Man.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:10 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: not one of these bands had a better song than Freebird, or Tuesday's Gone.

One good song doesn't make up for a better discography. 

That said, Freebird is overrated. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 11:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: One good song doesn't make up for a better discography. 

That said, Freebird is overrated. 

the guitar solo in Freebird is one of the best in the history or rock and roll.   Period.  Those are the songs you hear on the radio.  Skynyrd was an excellent band.  Every album was good and full of talented musicians.  

at the end of the day music is a matter of taste and personal preference.  you just have bad taste.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 11:31 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: the guitar solo in Freebird is one of the best in the history or rock and roll.   Period.  Those are the songs you hear on the radio.  Skynyrd was an excellent band.  Every album was good and full of talented musicians.  

at the end of the day music is a matter of taste and personal preference.  you just have bad taste.

pretty sure they had multiple guitarist.
Reply/Quote

metallicas version of Tuesdays gone i like better.

Free bird is long enough that i get tired of listening to it but it was fun to play on guitar hero.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: pretty sure they had multiple guitarist.

yes they rotated the leads. Collins played lead on on Freebird if i'm not mistaken.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: metallicas version of Tuesdays gone i like better.

Free bird is long enough that i get tired of listening to it but it was fun to play on guitar hero.

imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 11:31 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: the guitar solo in Freebird is one of the best in the history or rock and roll.   Period.  Those are the songs you hear on the radio.  Skynyrd was an excellent band.  Every album was good and full of talented musicians.  

Again, one good song doesn't trump a whole discography. Likewise, an incredible guitar solo doesn't make up for an otherwise uninspiring song, unless you're a townie who isn't going anywhere in life and believes free bird describes you.

The guy who said CCR (me) doesn't have bad taste. Your friend who said the Eagles does. I'm not going to say Skynyrd is a bad band, because they're not, but anyone who thinks the Eagles are even in contention has no taste in music. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 01:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The guy who said CCR (me) doesn't have bad taste. Your friend who said the Eagles does. I'm not going to say Skynyrd is a bad band, because they're not, but anyone who thinks the Eagles are even in contention has no taste in music. 

this is why i didn't highlight CCR.  I'm with you there.  i really like CCR.

out of curious what do you think of Led Zep? ( i know british)
Reply/Quote