Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best I’ve Felt About The Bengals in a Long Time
Defense is the best we’ve had in years. Played exceptionally well today.

Burrow is putting up numbers and wins, and he’s not even playing that well yet.

Backfield is in good shape, unbelievable WRs and even a good K.

O-Line still concerns me.

Do not trust Zac yet. Long way to go there.

The posting in the game thread today was substandard. Picked up in the 2nd half. Still have to cut a lot of dead weight. We’re relying far too heavily on our studs there.

We do need to be realistic and remember DET was winless for a reason, but we did what good teams do against bad teams. Beat them soundly.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The lions are going to go 1-16
Reply/Quote
I like where the team is at, but I don't anticipate a post-season birth this year.

Upgrade the oline and depth in the secondary, and we will be in business.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The lions are going to go 1-16

Hell, they might be the first franchise to go 0-17!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I like where the team is at, but I don't anticipate a post-season birth this year.

Upgrade the oline and depth in the secondary, and we will be in business.

Fully agree. This team is easily better than last year, in just about every aspect, aside from the head coach, in my opinion. That improvement, though, was from an absolute dumpster fire. Keep off major injuries and avoid poor FA and draft picks and AFC north will be the Bengals. Any slip up, and basement Bengals will be our names.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The lions are going to go 1-16

Ya the Lions are really really bad. Totally agree. At least Cinci did what they were supposed to do and beat them handily. I’m tempering expectations over this win, but if they find a way to beat the Ravens that will be pretty exciting.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't anticipate a post-season birth this year.

If you haven’t planted that seed yet, I’d say you’re 100% right.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
No Herbert comparisons this week either.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
RatTurds only beat the Lions by 2
Just sayin
Reply/Quote

I mean, maybe. The Lions damn near won in Minnesota last week and the Vikings just won @Carolina. The Lions also had the Ravens beat.

The Bengals are good. It’s time for everyone to get on board.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:20 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I mean, maybe. The Lions damn near won in Minnesota last week and the Vikings just won @Carolina. The Lions also had the Ravens beat.

The Bengals are good. It’s time for everyone to get on board.

Yes, they put up a hell of a fight in multiple games.  But I think we took the wind out of their sails in the second half and the wheels are starting to fall off completely.
Reply/Quote

Yes definitely do not want to get ahead of ourselves just because we solidly beat a team that record wise is the worst in the nfl. Still they’ve played some competitive game’s and a lot of the pundits liked to shit on us and say they were going to get their first win of the year against us.

Still we certainly could have beaten Green Bay and Chicago is definitely mediocre we could have oddly been 6-0.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No Herbert comparisons this week either.

He was due for a bad game. I just hope Burrow learned from last year against the Ravens…

Reply/Quote
They looked good.

They sputtered for a while after their first touchdown, which was frustrating, but they kept up their trend of scoring inside of 2 minutes (Specifically in regard to Chase's impact on the team) and then coming out in the 2nd half for a double whammy.

There have been some truly bizarre play calls that still make me question Zac. That screen pass to Chase (or was it to Higgins?) where Chase blocked a guy rather than receive the pass was really weird, both in call and execution. I am not sure what caused that play but it was ugly and it kind of...personified my frustration with this offense for most of the year.

I think this team is trending up and I think we have the capability of winning somewhere between 9 and 11 wins this year if we keep up the upward trend, but I don't think we're ready to compete with the Baltimores and Kansas Cities of the NFL.

We'll get a nice new dose of information as to how competitive we truly are next week against Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
Next week will tell the tale. We'll see just how good this franchise is so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 06:18 PM)Whacked Wrote: RatTurds only beat the Lions by 2
Just sayin

And they just beat the brakes off of the Chargers today. Ravens got lazy and almost bit, is all.
Reply/Quote
Interesting stat from NFL.com

NFL Research: Joe Burrow has thrown for 270-plus yards, two-plus TDs, and a completion percentage of 65-plus in the last three games (longest active streak in NFL; Tom Brady has two).
Reply/Quote
Yes, it feels a bit like spring.

After today, hopefully even bruises and injuries should feel a little easier to carry. The team deserves praise.
Reply/Quote

Yet are a legitimate missed called from beating the 5-1 ravens. It’s still the freaking NFL, and we beat them worse than any other team did this year.
Reply/Quote

Yeah they have to win at least one. No team in NFL history has gone 0-17.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote