Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best RB in 2015 in AFCN?
Who do you guys think will be the best RB in the AFC North?

I think Jeremy Hill shows the NFL what he can do with a full season under his belt and gets over 2,000 yards on the year. I think we will become a run-first offense and it will help Dalton, taking pressure off of him.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 03:15 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Who do you guys think will be the best RB in the AFC North?

I think Jeremy Hill shows the NFL what he can do with a full season under his belt and gets over 2,000 yards on the year. I think we will become a run-first offense and it will help Dalton, taking pressure off of him.

Hill will be great but I hope he doesn't get enough touches to put up 2000. Gotta keep Gio involved and keep them both fresh.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 07:06 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Hill will be great but I hope he doesn't get enough touches to put up 2000. Gotta keep Gio involved and keep them both fresh.

I really hope we use Gio a little better this season and agree that if Hill gets that many touches Gio is going to waste...on a side note, is there some law against using multiple RB's in the same set of downs? I hate how any time the bengals give one RB a shot more often then not they seem to leave him in for the entire series. Why not use Hill for a few plays then give him a quick breather and send Gio in, or use Gio on 3rd downs. Other teams do this very effectively but it seems lost on the Bengals. And lets see some formations with both of our talented young RB's out there on the same play! Get creative Hue!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 07:54 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I really hope we use Gio a little better this season and agree that if Hill gets that many touches Gio is going to waste...on a side note, is there some law against using multiple RB's in the same set of downs? I hate how any time the bengals give one RB a shot more often then not they seem to leave him in for the entire series. Why not use Hill for a few plays then give him a quick breather and send Gio in, or use Gio on 3rd downs. Other teams do this very effectively but it seems lost on the Bengals. And lets see some formations with both of our talented young RB's out there on the same play! Get creative Hue!

I agree that they seem to be reluctant to change backs during an offensive possession. While I can understand the point of view of letting a RB get into a "rhythm", Gio would benefit hugely from being on the field on a majority of our 3rd and longs.
Reply/Quote
Hmmmmm

La'Veon Bell - I think he's the top dog although it's pretty close with Hill, but I always want to see consistency out of a player and Hill's only in his second year.

Jeremy Hill - Obviously talented, but RB's can be finicky. Too many have I seen have a single good season in their career. I want to see Hill do it again.

Giovanni Bernard - Yes I think we have two guys that are better than most of the rest in the division. He's probably the most dynamic runner in our division as well. Want to see him healthy and get a solid, yet safe snap count.

Justin Forsett - Played pretty darn well last season. Very surprising. He's aged and never really had a good season before last year. For now I'll give him the edge on the other young guys.

Isaiah Crowell - Came out of nowhere. I knew he was talented from his year at UGA, but I didn't think he'd hold up in the NFL if he ever came back from DII. Probably their best RB right now and the guy that should start in what will be a big platoon. This backfield was weird with its carries last season.

DeAngelo Williams - I think if healthy Williams can still be a pretty decent RB. Do I expect him to be? Not really I expect more of the same he's put out for several years now.

Terrance West - More of a plodding guy. Showed some decent potential in a few games, but otherwise a low YPC guy so far. Definitely not a bad back to have off the bench though, which should be his role this year.

Lorenzo Taliaferro - Another decent back. Kinda like West. Want to see him get more carries though.

Them last 4 are all pretty close with Forsett in the middle and our guys plus Bell on top.
Reply/Quote
Le'Veon Bell might be the best back in the league, let alone the AFCN. It's hard to pick Hill over him, even if you're feeling like a homer.

Hill is 2nd though, and I feel that Bernard is probably 3rd.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Yeah I would have to agree that at this point Bell gets the nod over Hill. I will say we easily have the best 1-2 punch in the division though...
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Le'Veon Bell might be the best back in the league, let alone the AFCN. It's hard to pick Hill over him, even if you're feeling like a homer.

Who do you think will put up more yards/better stats?
Reply/Quote
Bell is probably the best in our division, for now. Hill is second, and then I'd guess Johnny Football. Big Grin (We need a sarcastic ninja.)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 09:20 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Who do you think will put up more yards/better stats?

Isn't Bell going to miss the beginning of the season? That gives Hill the advantage. Plus Hill should have a much much better offensive line so I'll say him.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 09:42 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Bell is probably the best in our division, for now.  Hill is second, and then I'd guess Johnny Football.   Big Grin   (We need a sarcastic ninja.)

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:53 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Ninja

Oooops, I guess we have one. Tongue
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd say as of now, Le'Veon Bell is the best.

Reply/Quote
Based on 2014:
Bell, Hill, Gio/Forsett

Gio didn't get enough reps in 2014, Forsett was a work horse for Baltimore.

Overall:
Hill has traits to be the best but not enough data complied
Bell had a great last year but I also don't think theres enough of him
Gio is the most gifted I think in the division

As of now, I'll go: Bell, Hill, Gio
Reply/Quote
Last year, Bell was everything in short yardage that Blount was supposed to be and everything in the passing game the Archer is supposed to develop into. He excelled at pretty much everything and created a mismatch literally every play. I'm hoping his 4 game suspension propels Williams into a big role in the offense for the rest of the year so that Bell doesn't have to play every offensive snap.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I agree with most here who say Bell, but I would not be surprised if Hill passes him this season either. I believe both will have great seasons even with Bell's suspension.
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 07:54 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I really hope we use Gio a little better this season and agree that if Hill gets that many touches Gio is going to waste...on a side note, is there some law against using multiple RB's in the same set of downs? I hate how any time the bengals give one RB a shot more often then not they seem to leave him in for the entire series. Why not use Hill for a few plays then give him a quick breather and send Gio in, or use Gio on 3rd downs. Other teams do this very effectively but it seems lost on the Bengals. And lets see some formations with both of our talented young RB's out there on the same play! Get creative Hue!

Probably a "flow of the game" thing for some running backs.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Le'Veon Bell might be the best back in the league, let alone the AFCN.  It's hard to pick Hill over him, even if you're feeling like a homer.

This. How anyone can even argue otherwise is mind blowing. Bell is very likely the best HB in the league, at the very least he's in the top three.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 12:12 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This. How anyone can even argue otherwise is mind blowing. Bell is very likely the best HB in the league, at the very least he's in the top three.
I think the difference will come down to how they are used. The Bengals likely will be more run heavy (almost like it is their best shot at generating positive yardage). They will probably have to run to set up the pass.
Reply/Quote
The best ability is availability. I'll bet Le'veon Bell doesn't even have more yards than Rex Burkhead entering game 4 of the season.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote