Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Best WR corp almost cost us that game
(12-24-2022, 07:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, reminded me of the Marv days for a second there and I didn't like it. Mellow

Easy there Big Cat.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Saw the same thing. It was either "Palmer" or "Bomber" he was yelling before the snap. I don't think Ja'Marr got the memo. Burrow was clearly throwing to a spot and under pressure.

Think for sure I heard "Bomber" myself...
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Easy there Big Cat.....

It's all good, just a flash back for a second...

Happens once in awhile and then you remember where you are lol
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Chase did not sit, he went vertical.  Burrow called an audible for a quick out, the CB was watching the backfield as Chase ran by him and Burrow threw immediately.

Boyd inexplicably slowed his route and watched the ball go by...

My only problem with it was we just ran that same out route for the same down and distance a few plays before to the same WR, so the CB sat on that route. If Chase would have cut to the sideline, then it would have been a fight for the ball and maybe not a pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 03:10 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: My only problem with it was we just ran that same out route for the same down and distance a few plays before to the same WR, so the CB sat on that route. If Chase would have cut to the sideline, then it would have been a fight for the ball and maybe not a pick.

Yep.  This is the first play you mentioned along with the pick six.

Reply/Quote
It's the NFL things happen especially on the road. Just glad these days we win these types of games instead of lose them.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Well on the bright side in years past these types of things absolutely did cost us the game. Now they just account for an “ugly win”.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 04:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Yep.  This is the first play you mentioned along with the pick six.

On the first play the CB goes into a back pedal right away and is 5 yards off Chase when he catches it. The second video the CB stays where he is the whole time does not drop back any at all. You can put fault on Chase for not getting the play call and breaking to sideline. Burrow could have thrown the ball deeper and led Chase downfield since the CB was going to get blown by because his feet never moved.

You got to be on the same page though which they were not. Like Burrow has been saying they can get to another level lot of yards left on the field by not being on same page and drops. Chase had some focus issues before he went down to injury earlier this year. 

The Chase fumble he had two hands on the ball, and he could have let go with the hand that was being tugged on. In his defense he most likely thought it was a DB pulling at his arm when it was a D-lineman number 9 that dropped into coverage. So, Chase might have thought he could muscle the guy and just shake him off.

The over the shoulder deep ball that went off his shoulder pad could have been caught easy just slowing up a bit to let ball fall in front of him more.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:38 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Higgins drops a TD

Boyd stops running route - interception

Chase - drops bomb, doesnt run hot route - pick six, late fumble

Im actually ok with the bad second half play, not sure a blowout would be as good for us before the Bills game.  Id like to see our WRs come out angry and more focused vs the Bills. Defense actually played great.  Very happy with Sample and Irwin today.

Irwin dropped a TD because he jumped too early on what might have been one of the best passes in Joe's career.  Joe should have been the layup MVP after today with something like 5 TDs and 0 INTs.  

Vonn Bell also mistimed his jump on that floater that was reviewed and called a catch.  

Overall, lots of little mistakes.  Money was bad too.  Best to get all this crap out and be ready for the Bills but Burrow looked absolutely incredible.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:40 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Higgins dropped a TD? Are you sure you’re not thinking of Chase? Higgins may have also, but I can’t remember it. Chase’s drops stick out.

Chase had a rough game. Probably one he will want to forget.

They both did and so did Irwin, even though he caught others that were fantastic.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:58 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: This could have been Irwin's game had he caught that 3rd TD that bounced off his fingers.

It was a perfect throw, maybe the best of the day.  Like Bell on what should have been his INT, Irwin jumped too early instead of just striding and was on his way back down when the ball landed.  Insanely beautiful throw.  That should have been a stat line like Baltimore from last year.  Burrow was insane.  Good thing is, he has shown he can do it in frigid cold.  Won't be nearly as cold next week but could be in the playoffs.  
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 06:42 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: On the first play the CB goes into a back pedal right away and is 5 yards off Chase when he catches it. The second video the CB stays where he is the whole time does not drop back any at all. You can put fault on Chase for not getting the play call and breaking to sideline. Burrow could have thrown the ball deeper and led Chase downfield since the CB was going to get blown by because his feet never moved.

You got to be on the same page though which they were not. Like Burrow has been saying they can get to another level lot of yards left on the field by not being on same page and drops. Chase had some focus issues before he went down to injury earlier this year. 

The Chase fumble he had two hands on the ball, and he could have let go with the hand that was being tugged on. In his defense he most likely thought it was a DB pulling at his arm when it was a D-lineman number 9 that dropped into coverage. So, Chase might have thought he could muscle the guy and just shake him off.

The over the shoulder deep ball that went off his shoulder pad could have been caught easy just slowing up a bit to let ball fall in front of him more.

The CB sits and watches the backfield because a blitz was called, Burrow throws the ball so fast he didnt have to move, doesnt excuse Chase from missing the audible.

Fumble was an effort play.

Regardless, the context of the post was that our best players had some serious mistakes which rarely ever happens and doubt we see again.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 12:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The CB sits and watches the backfield because a blitz was called, Burrow throws the ball so fast he didnt have to move, doesnt excuse Chase from missing the audible.

Fumble was an effort play.

Regardless, the context of the post was that our best players had some serious mistakes which rarely ever happens and doubt we see again.

I haven't read through the whole thread, did Burrow say Chase didn't get the audible or is that just what's believed? If it was about them being on different pages about what they were seeing I think Chase read it right and it's a walk in touchdown if Burrow throws the go route. 

Definitely agree with the last bit though. Players are going to make mistakes but it's rare to have as many mistakes as our stars had today, on the road, and still come out with a win.
Reply/Quote
Lots of mistakes made in this game and was really surprised with Boyd just up and quit running on the route most of all. The lack of chemistry Chase and Burrow had today was very unexpected as well.

Yet the Bengals found a way to still win the ballgame and can build on it without changing the momentum they already had going. Lucky or made it happen when it counted, either has not stopped the Bengals 7 game winning streak rolling right at the Bills.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 01:02 PM)TheFan Wrote: I haven't read through the whole thread, did Burrow say Chase didn't get the audible or is that just what's believed? If it was about them being on different pages about what they were seeing I think Chase read it right and it's a walk in touchdown if Burrow throws the go route. 

Definitely agree with the last bit though. Players are going to make mistakes but it's rare to have as many mistakes as our stars had today, on the road, and still come out with a win.

Why would Burrow throw a go route on a zero blitz with the CB playing 10 yards off of Chase?  

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:00 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Why would Burrow throw a go route on a zero blitz with the CB playing 10 yards off of Chase?  

Because the CB didn't even start a back pedal the entire time. He was sitting on the short pass, basically flat footed, knowing they were doing a zero blitz. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:04 AM)TheFan Wrote: Because the CB didn't even start a back pedal the entire time. He was sitting on the short pass, basically flat footed, knowing they were doing a zero blitz. 

I get that thinking, but Joe had 1 second to throw the ball and the CB actually wasn't flat footed he had begun a backpedal.  To be honest, it doesn't appear Chase is running any route, he runs almost into the CB and slows down as if he isn't expecting the ball to come his way. 

Burrow's throw definitely has a great chance to be a completion if Chase makes the cut Burrow called/threw.

Reply/Quote