Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best or favorite front man...
We've done drummer, and guitar. So let's hear about lead singers now. Who is your favorite front man?

My choice is my all time favorite, not so much for the vocals, but just for his showmanship. RIP Bon Scott
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Robert Plant
Freddie Mercury
Mick Jagger
Steven Tyler
Axl Rose
Reply/Quote
Heart 
well, when talking about 'front man' as a concept, the best is David Lee Roth.  I'm not a Van Halen fan, and DLR can't really sing that well, but he has 'it'.  His voice is good enough, he's a hell of a showman and is the perfect foil for the rest of the band.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 07:03 AM)Donnyho Wrote: well, when talking about 'front man' as a concept, the best is David Lee Roth.  I'm not a Van Halen fan, and DLR can't really sing that well, but he has 'it'.  His voice is good enough, he's a hell of a showman and is the perfect foil for the rest of the band.

Yeah, I agree. Not the most talented, but uber-confidence and personality.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Robert Plant
Freddie Mercury
Jim Morrison
James Hetfeild
Hansi Kürsch
Reply/Quote
I don't have a good ear at all, but just based on voice, for me it's Klaus Meine.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Maynard James Keenan
Freddie Mercury

On a different note, Sebastian Bach and Rob Zombie are also two of the greatest at just working a crowd. I've seen both about a half dozen times and they have a really good sense of humor. It comes out in their shows.

The worst I've seen was Gene Simmons. He stopped a show to yell at the light guy. When the rest of the band finally started playing, he just wandered around stage for the rest of the song.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 10:53 AM)Benton Wrote: Maynard James Keenan
Freddie Mercury

On a different note, Sebastian Bach and Rob Zombie are also two of the greatest at just working a crowd. I've seen both about a half dozen times and they have a really good sense of humor. It comes out in their shows.

The worst I've seen was Gene Simmons. He stopped a show to yell at the light guy. When the rest of the band finally started playing, he just wandered around stage for the rest of the song.

Oh yeah he's that train collector dude from Trailer Park Boys.  He sings too?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Lots of choices. Rik Emmett of Triumph is underrated.
Reply/Quote
probably have to go with Freddie Mercury or Elvis Presley for presence and voice.

David Lee Roth and Mick Jagger get an honorable mention as well for their pretty good voices and great stage presence. Granted, it's creepy watching them prance around stage now that they are in their 1000's.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 10:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't have a good ear at all, but just based on voice, for me it's Klaus Meine.

Dropping some Scorps in the thread i see...Meine had a big voice that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
Always dug Layne Staley and Chris Cornell.....and Gregg Allman......

....but all times.....gotta go Plant.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I will go with The Boss.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Not saying Roger Daltry is a clear number one, but he deserves a mention with all these other great guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not saying Roger Daltry is a clear number one, but he deserves a mention with all these other great guys.

Agreed.....as does The Godfather of Soul himself....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:35 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: Dropping some Scorps in the thread i see...Meine had a big voice that's for sure.

yeah love the scorpions
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh yeah he's that train collector dude from Trailer Park Boys.  He sings too?

Skid Row is what most people know him from. But I've seen him with some other bands, too.
Reply/Quote
Freddie Mercury.

It also helps that he was really the first rock star thatI was allowed to listen too. I got "Classic Queen" and "Queens Greatest Hits" on cassette when I was young.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 12:18 PM)Benton Wrote: Skid Row is what most people know him from. But I've seen him with some other bands, too.

18 and life to go....
Reply/Quote
Gotta go with Eddie Vedder.

Hank III is also pretty damn good.

Wilco's Jeff Tweedy and Primus's Les Claypool also has to be in the conversation as well. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote