Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best thing that could have happened
Jordan love was charged with a weed possession, all but guaranteeing that he will be able to fall to the 2nd round. Prime spot for bengals to swoop up and grab a 1st round talent at a discount.
Reply/Quote
A team isn't going to freak out about this and prevent themselves from drafting him in the first if they have a first RD grade on him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Stop, just stop.
Reply/Quote
Well, if it had been heroin and hookers the Bengals could probably swoop in during the 7th round so not the best thing that could have happened.

Meh.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 05:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Jordan love was charged with a weed possession, all but guaranteeing that he will be able to fall to the 2nd round. Prime spot for bengals to swoop up and grab a 1st round talent at a discount.

Didn't you make a bet earlier this year where if Kyler Murray went #1 overall, you wouldn't post in here for a year?  What happened with that?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Jordan Love is annoying to watch...Kid is very good he will make some great throws but for two years he will make that great throw then miss two very easy ones like clockwork.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 07:59 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Didn't you make a bet earlier this year where if Kyler Murray went #1 overall, you wouldn't post in here for a year?  What happened with that?

Meh, this may or may not be the same guy that promised a lot of posters scouting reports on all their favorite prospects, and then just kind of "disappeared", until right before the draft..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like Jordan love in the second but I honestly don’t think we should go qb this year we need to build this roster up with the pieces we need before we bring in a rookie QB
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 07:59 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Didn't you make a bet earlier this year where if Kyler Murray went #1 overall, you wouldn't post in here for a year?  What happened with that?

I wasn’t allowed to say this prospect won’t go in this round
Reply/Quote
You mean a first round physical talent, because his play this past year was far from a first rounder.
Reply/Quote
Because Jpoore likes him so much, I'm relatively certain he'll plummet in the draft because highlight reels =/= prospect talent.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 12:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You mean a first round physical talent, because his play this past year was far from a first rounder.

I've read where Love is like the 7th rated QB coming out this year. I believe most recently that comment came from McShay.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 11:59 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I've read where Love is like the 7th rated QB coming out this year. I believe most recently that comment came from McShay.

Probably is, and probably will be ranked a heck of a lot higher after workouts because scouts will drool over his physical gifts.   I still would bet that he goes pick 30-32 so a team can get a 5th year on him.

That being said, I want nothing to do with a QB that hasn't performed consistently and is an off the field concern.

I'll take Burrow or Tua in the top 3 and use the rest of the draft and next years draft to build the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 12:54 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I like Jordan love in the second but I honestly don’t think we should go qb this year we need to build this roster up with the pieces we need before we bring in a rookie QB

And what pieces do we need to bring in before we can draft a QB?  The only thing that really matters is the offense.

So, you should have AJ, Boyd, Ross, Tate, Mixon, Gio and Uzoamah.  That's more than enough for a rookie QB.

You have Glenn, Hopkins and Miller who have been fairly good.  You also have Jonah Williams to add back into the mix.  That leaves one really bad player (Hart). 

I get the argument that you shouldn't throw a rookie QB to the wolves, but this offense is far from it.  In fact, adding 1-2 solid O-linemen (one of which we probably already have) would make this an ideal landing spot for a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 02:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Probably is, and probably will be ranked a heck of a lot higher after workouts because scouts will drool over his physical gifts.   I still would bet that he goes pick 30-32 so a team can get a 5th year on him.

That being said, I want nothing to do with a QB that hasn't performed consistently and is an off the field concern.

I'll take Burrow or Tua in the top 3 and use the rest of the draft and next years draft to build the team.

He hasn’t been very consistent this year for 2 reasons. #1, his tram leads ncaa by a good margin in drops, and #2, way to much pressure has been put on him in the new system. More than any college qb should deal with.
Reply/Quote
Jordan Love has 20TDs and 17INTs. That doesnt scream 1st round to me.

Here is Walter Footballs take...

However, Love still has a lot to work on, with his field vision being painfully bad. He consistently locks his eyes on his primary read and does not move them away. He stares down targets and does not look off defenders. Love must start reading the field, working through his progressions, and making better decisions. Team sources felt that Love should have returned for his senior year to improve before going to the NFL, but he declared for the draft. One team source said they had a fourth-/fifth-round grade on Love.

Sounds like a good risk later in the draft but not first few rounds.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:20 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Jordan Love has 20TDs and 17INTs. That doesnt scream 1st round to me.

Here is Walter Footballs take...

However, Love still has a lot to work on, with his field vision being painfully bad. He consistently locks his eyes on his primary read and does not move them away. He stares down targets and does not look off defenders. Love must start reading the field, working through his progressions, and making better decisions. Team sources felt that Love should have returned for his senior year to improve before going to the NFL, but he declared for the draft. One team source said they had a fourth-/fifth-round grade on Love.

Sounds like a good risk later in the draft but not first few rounds.

Mahomes was also faulted for his decision making as well coming out, how did that turn out? He’s going very high, more than likely rd1. And with a trash site like Walter football we can do this all day. Here’s what they said about Burrow

In speaking to a few directors of college scouting for NFL teams, they felt that Burrow has looked good but has some limitations in arm strength for the next level. They based that off of watching Burrow in person this year in games and practice. They thought that he is an efficient game manager with prototypical size, but his arm talent is not elite. Because of the skill-set limitations, they see him as a prospect similar to Andy Dalton or Derek Carr.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Mahomes was also faulted for his decision making as well coming out, how did that turn out? He’s going very high, more than likely rd1. And with a trash site like Walter football we can do this all day. Here’s what they said about Burrow

In speaking to a few directors of college scouting for NFL teams, they felt that Burrow has looked good but has some limitations in arm strength for the next level. They based that off of watching Burrow in person this year in games and practice. They thought that he is an efficient game manager with prototypical size, but his arm talent is not elite. Because of the skill-set limitations, they see him as a prospect similar to Andy Dalton or Derek Carr.

If I FORCED to put a comp on Joe Burrow it would be Matt Ryan and even that wouldnt been good because Ryan isn't a scrambler like Burrow.

As for Jordan Love I would comp him to Jake Locker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:44 PM)Synric Wrote: If I FORCED to put a comp on Joe Burrow it would be Matt Ryan and even that wouldnt been good because Ryan isn't a scrambler like Burrow.

As for Jordan Love I would comp him to Jake Locker.

A more athletic Tannehill is his floor I would say, and pat mahomes is his ceiling. As far as burrow I like the romp comparison
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Mahomes was also faulted for his decision making as well coming out, how did that turn out? He’s going very high, more than likely rd1. And with a trash site like Walter football we can do this all day. Here’s what they said about Burrow

They have since updated the take on Burrow after he carved apart a slew of excellent defenses. Love, I just dont see it with him as a 1st or even 2nd round pick. But what do I know. Im a lowly fan. He just seem raw like he needs to develop. Transfering to a power 5 team in need of a QB for his senior year may be his best move.
Reply/Quote