Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Better...but, need to be better...
I was happy with the performance today...but the Jets aren't necessarily a great barometer. I saw some room for improvement, i.e., Mixon's performance (or lack thereof), and the O-Line faltered a tad. On the bright side, Perine shone, Higgins was instrumental, Burrow seemed calmer, more composed, and -- we won. But, hoperfully there are better days ahead as the season moves forward. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I refuse

Enjoy the win until about Tuesday bro
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Every week underdogs win, the key was getting up early and this defense continues to not get beat over top.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Happy with how things looked. I’m really eyeballing Mixon hard here, though. Three games in and man, he has been pitiful.
Reply/Quote
Perine > Mixon … and I’m not a Perine fan either

I’m done w the lateral dances and running full steam straight into a wall of defenders by Mixon
Reply/Quote
I'm convinced Zac should not be calling the plays. The 4th and 1 and a sweep right when half the Jets were there. As has been said 1000 times take the 3 and make it a 30-12 game. Or, a Q sneak on 4th and 1, better chance. Evan isn't automatic but what a 20yd FG there? Like those odds there.

At least he did a good job of running the clock with Perine at the end there. Perine always seems to get an extra yard or so going forward.
Reply/Quote
Nice W!

I'm a bit surprises we didn't score more than 27.
Reply/Quote
Defence was great can’t be many 1-2 teams who haven’t allowed a TD in 6 quarters.

We just need to kill teams off we could and should have had 40+ today.
Reply/Quote
Was an imptovement in the passing game. Jets interior is good, but so are our centers and guards.

I'm really eyeing Jonah Williams now. He looks like cheeks out there.
Reply/Quote
Definitely better, a far stronger start to the game was the difference. 2nd half the offence wasn't great and the defence made the big plays.

Gotta remember the Jets are toilet. Looking good against them doesn't make us a great team again all of a sudden. But we did the job today.

Thursday is a far bigger barometer. First game against a 'good' team this year, and one we probably need to win. 1-3 makes things difficult.
Reply/Quote
Perine needs more snaps, it works for Chubb and Hunt. It didn't work with Mixon and Gio.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:38 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Definitely better, a far stronger start to the game was the difference. 2nd half the offence wasn't great and the defence made the big plays.

Gotta remember the Jets are toilet. Looking good against them doesn't make us a great team again all of a sudden. But we did the job today.

Thursday is a far bigger barometer. First game against a 'good' team this year, and one we probably need to win. 1-3 makes things difficult.

Way to try and diminish what we did today. 
Reply/Quote
I’m very satisfied with the win. Perfect games don’t exist.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Way to try and diminish what we did today. 

I think it's fairly realistic what was said. The Dolphins will be a bigger test. But a W is a W. We pretty much controlled the Jets from the start.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m very satisfied with the win. Perfect games don’t exist.

Rep.

Other than Mixon they played pretty well all around today.

Reply/Quote
If this offense could run and marry it to the pass game....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There's a chance...that Mixon...is...washed up.

I think Ezekiel Elliott is getting there too.

RB is a tough position.
Reply/Quote
Should have had 40+,but,we’ll take the win.Ther are still issues with this team.Now,getting ready for Miami,who just beat the Bills,sending a statement that they are for real.
Reply/Quote
I am still not sure why Chase looked off today, and yes Mixon looks like he has lost a step. But also the plays called in the run game frequently don't suit the personnel. Note on that last long drive they changed it up just a little - instead of trying to get the edge every time they were running in the Tackle-Guard gap on the right side. That let Karras, Cappa and Collins do what they do best and with Perine not dancing and being that bit faster at hitting the hole the results were good.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:57 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Should have had 40+,but,we’ll take the win.Ther are still issues with this team.Now,getting ready for Miami,who just beat the Bills,sending a statement that they are for real.

What to look at is how the game went. The Jets didn't threaten to win the entire day.
Reply/Quote