Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Better...but, need to be better...
(09-26-2022, 08:28 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I was at the game yesterday and this team has a ways to go. Too much of a work in progress for the fourth game. I would say at least 10 teams look better. Joe’s appendectomy and missed time, the OL’s lack of continuity with lots of things contributing, and just team rustiness. Hopefully they can escape the next 2 games which will be tough

It wasn’t the 4th game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Joe Burrow looked way more like Joe Burrow today Joe

Higgins and Boyd got involved with some good catches. Perine had a good day. Hendrickson and Uzi and the D had a pretty solid game.

Joe Mixon ?? WTF ?? He just looks bad all the way around. It looks like he's running in quicksand.

Chase has a bad day, but he'll snap out of it.

It's something to build off of.

I think the blocking needs to be a little better or just Mixon just really needs time to get acclimated to how the line blocks. Mixon has been like that his whole career here I remember his rookie year saying I didn't like his running style half way thru the year. Then he turned it on and kept it going for the rest of the season and the next. Then when Taylor got here he was literally the worst starting RB in the league for the 1st half of the season before being the 2nd best rusher in the league in the final half. I'm sure everyone knows this stuff but I've seen the night and day turn around with him and I think this oline group will get there.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:18 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think the blocking needs to be a little better or just Mixon just really needs time to get acclimated to how the line blocks. Mixon has been like that his whole career here I remember his rookie year saying I didn't like his running style half way thru the year. Then he turned it on and kept it going for the rest of the season and the next. Then when Taylor got here he was literally the worst starting RB in the league for the 1st half of the season before being the 2nd best rusher in the league in the final half. I'm sure everyone knows this stuff but I've seen the night and day turn around with him and I think this oline group will get there.

I agree the Oline hasn't been great, however. I'm pretty sure they've gotten a bit to much blame. I think both the Joe's have been guilty of just not playing the greatest thus far. And as you say I still believe they'll come around.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:23 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree the Oline hasn't been great, however. I'm pretty sure they've gotten a bit to much blame. I think both the Joe's have been guilty of just not playing the greatest thus far. And as you say I still believe they'll come around.

Yeah I've never really understood the night and day differences Mixon has shown in the past. I think you right as others have said they're is blame to go all around. 

Another thing I've noticed with this line in pass pro is they all may give up ground and or lose they're initial block but they continue blocking and give Burrow time. I think this week Joe did a better job of not panicking as much and just moving around a little and getting his eyes back down field. I'm curious if that has them down the list on they're pass block win rate this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:18 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think the blocking needs to be a little better or just Mixon just really needs time to get acclimated to how the line blocks. Mixon has been like that his whole career here I remember his rookie year saying I didn't like his running style half way thru the year. Then he turned it on and kept it going for the rest of the season and the next. Then when Taylor got here he was literally the worst starting RB in the league for the 1st half of the season before being the 2nd best rusher in the league in the final half. I'm sure everyone knows this stuff but I've seen the night and day turn around with him and I think this oline group will get there.

What constitutes 2nd best rusher in the league? Hope you're talking about YPC (yards per carry) and not total yards.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think it's fairly realistic what was said. The Dolphins will be a bigger test. But a W is a W. We pretty much controlled the Jets from the start.

The Phins won like the Stoolers did against us, got thoroughly dominated on the stat sheet, but the Bills just couldn't score.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Did Sauce stop him?

This is part of it. I thought Sauce had a real nice game, especially for a rookie. If he continues this trajectory, he's gonna be something else.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What constitutes 2nd best rusher in the league? Hope you're talking about YPC (yards per carry) and not total yards.

Honestly I can't remember. I know he was only 2nd behind Derrick Henry at the time. Not gonna say Mixon doesn't have his flaws but (like lack of trust home run speed) but he is better than he has shown thus far.

I came across these tweets which I'm not saying is the whole problem but we are taking a blocker completely out of the play and I'm sure it's something we can clean up.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Jets are not "toilet". After today's game they are 11th on offense and 17th on defense. They have talent on that roster. 

The Williams kid out of Murray State was ALL OVER the field yesterday, hated to see him get hurt.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is part of it. I thought Sauce had a real nice game, especially for a rookie. If he continues this trajectory, he's gonna be something else.

Jets have drafted well recently... If Wilson gets healthy and turns the corner they may be something.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Jets are not "toilet". After today's game they are 11th on offense and 17th on defense. They have talent on that roster. 

I agree. When i watched them against the Browns i thought they looked like an AFC north team. They are a quarterback (who they might have) and another receiver away from being a damn good team. They are young as well. I  think they overpaid for the two TE's but they are solid.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:57 PM)kronadon Wrote: I agree. When i watched them against the Browns i thought they looked like an AFC north team. They are a quarterback (who they might have) and another receiver away from being a damn good team. They are young as well. I  think they overpaid for the two TE's but they are solid.

They also overpaid Lawson.

Reply/Quote
I've been impressed with Perine more and more. I definitely see him and Evans as a good replacement for Mixon when his contract is up.

I wouldn't be concerned with one or two players getting shut down if it means the 2nd/3rd wideouts are feasting. We do need to get more effective running the ball and continue to develop the quick passing game more. I'll say that. Our defense put in a solid performance--I hope to see them build on their success forcing turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It wasn’t the 4th game.

Ha you are right but the point stands
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:22 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: I was happy with the performance today...but the Jets aren't necessarily a great barometer. I saw some room for improvement, i.e., Mixon's performance (or lack thereof), and the O-Line faltered a tad. On the bright side, Perine shone, Higgins was instrumental, Burrow seemed calmer, more composed, and -- we won. But, hoperfully there are better days ahead as the season moves forward.  Who Dey

All I wanted to see was the trenches on both sides finding their mojo and they did and we won like you said and it was 
actually pretty convincing. I was surprised by how many damn good players the Jets have especially on Defense and they
have some good weapons in Garrett Wilson, Conklin and Breece Hall. Love our Defense and how we finally started getting
pressure with Hendrickson, Sample, Reader, Hill and Hubbard. Even Ossai would of had a sack on the 2nd Hendrickson 
Sack/Fumble. The OL played much better in this game against another really good front.

The chemistry is getting there, I think we are back after watching this game but we will see Thursday going against a 
very explosive Offense in the Phins. Made me feel much better about us getting on track and getting back to .500 tho.

Thought we would start slow, but this was a lot slower than I thought, oh well, looks like it is finally starting to show. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Flacco threw for 307 yards & 4 TD’s against the Browns last week.

Right! People want to wash Flacco out, but he's in a pretty dangerous position as a QB to be playing. He is much like Brady, in that neither of them were ever that mobile to start with, so they really haven't lost that part of their game. Both of their arms are still strong, and they have the experience to manage the game. What makes Flacco dangerous is he is in the last gasps of his career, but thinks he can still start somewhere, so he's out there trying to prove it. Personally, I'm glad we're done with him for the season.
Reply/Quote
If fans are worried about facing the likes of Joe Flacco, than you'd be hard pressed to find one game on the remaining schedule that will ease the nerves.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 09:26 AM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: If fans are worried about facing the likes of Joe Flacco, than you'd be hard pressed to find one game on the remaining schedule that will ease the nerves.

We face a murderers row, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote