Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware Of Joe Burrow=Andrew Luck
(09-18-2020, 10:34 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: I like Zac, but i DO NOT like Lou Anarumo...man that guy sucks so bad its insane.

What exactly is there to like about Taylor? I’m genuinely curious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I completely agree, however I do think it’s a point of consideration that we just played perhaps 2 of the best defensive ends in the league back to back.

It’ll be interesting to see how this team fares against teams that don’t have a #1 overall pick at DE, or a combo of a #3 overall pick and #18 pick as book ends.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:36 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If we have the number 2 pick it better be:

"The Bengals trade the 2nd pick to *insert team here" for..."

Someone will give up a ton to come up and draft Fields.  We can't pass on getting a shit ton of quality picks for one player.  We have way too many holes.

I disagree. Sewell is the best OT in years. He’s worth it, imo. Ofc it all depends on the offers though.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:54 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Luck never loved football. Burrow does. only thing I worry about is Zac ruining his confidence and turning him into David Carr.

Exactly
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:42 AM)GodFather Wrote: I didn't say fire head coach or we were going to go to playoffs. Im just stating the obvious after watching the first two games. Nothing bipolar about that. 

I mean....the HC has only 2 wins in 18 games. If this team isn't improving by the bye week, he needs to be gone and promote Simmons as interim HC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:39 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Exactly

Again, where is this “Luck didn’t love football” stuff coming from? How do you guys possibly know that? Did he ever say anything close to that?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I disagree. Sewell is the best OT in years. He’s worth it, imo. Ofc it all depends on the offers though.

Sewell and Williams as the bookends would (should) be a great future for Burrow and the team.
Plenty of Gs I'd take a look at in FA to be the new RG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How do you possibly know that?

He doesn’t. From what we saw, Luck loved football and he gave it his all every down. He was trying to not sob during his retirement, it crushed him to retire but his body broke down.

As to OP, I agree that this is a legitimate worry. Burrow isn’t superhuman and he will eventually get hurt. Protect him. If Cincinnati can get Sewell, get him and then improve RG. Then work on weapons. I really think we have a star QB on our hands.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:44 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: He doesn’t. From what we saw, Luck loved football and he gave it his all every down. He was trying to not sob during his retirement, it crushed him to retire but his body broke down.

As to OP, I agree that this is a legitimate worry. Burrow isn’t superhuman and he will eventually get hurt. Protect him. If Cincinnati can get Sewell, get him and then improve RG. Then work on weapons. I really think we have a star QB on our hands.

As an Oregon fan who’s probably watched more of Sewell than the rest of us combined, in your opinion would taking him 1 or 2 be worth turning down a non-crazy offer for our spot? I’ve personally been on his bandwagon for a while now. Kid would instantly make us better. I look at getting a handful of picks for him as lottery tickets, whereas he’s a sure thing (or as close as they come).

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What exactly is there to like about Taylor? I’m genuinely curious.

That's a heck of a question.  He might be a swell guy, but he doesn't seem to be HC material and he brought some ineffective and at times loathesome cronies with him.  

He doesn't even have a sense of humor about the sitaution ala John McKay of the Yuckaneers era.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, where is this “Luck didn’t love football” stuff coming from? How do you guys possibly know that? Did he ever say anything close to that?

I agree, luck had to have loved football the way he kept coming back injury after injury. That last injury just seemed to have broke him. His retirement press conference was just sad. No one that young retires from a good team like they were shaping up to be without reason. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As an Oregon fan who’s probably watched more of Sewell than the rest of us combined, in your opinion would taking him 1 or 2 be worth turning down a non-crazy offer for our spot? I’ve personally been on his bandwagon for a while now. Kid would instantly make us better. I look at getting a handful of picks for him as lottery tickets, whereas he’s a sure thing (or as close as they come).

Yes, without a doubt. If someone just offers a boatload, then okay, sure. However, aside from that, we need to take him. I think this would be the best tape of his ability. Penei Sewell vs Auburn 2019

In this video he goes up against Derrick Brown (#7 OA in 2020, Jersey #5), Nick Coe (undrafted in 2020, Jersey #91) and Marlon Davidson (#47 OA in 2020, Jersey #3) and he blanks them all. There are several points where he straight up manhandles them, including Derrick Brown. There is a play at 2:15 where he takes Marlon Davidson and just tosses him out of the play so the running back has the crease he needs, which I just love watching. 

I try to remain as objective as possible on my Ducks. I didn't want us to draft Herbert, though I would have been fine with Throckmorton or Lemieux in the later rounds. Given the state of this roster and the potential we have at QB, if Sewell is there, I am taking him without hesitation. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow is fantastic. I love and respect Andy but he is not in the same universe as Burrow.

We are not going to the playoffs.

Therefore, one main goal of the season is to keep Burrow from literally getting killed.

I am dreading what will happen to Burrow against the Steelers if he gets into a 60 pass per game clip against their rush.

Same for Ravens.

Game plans need to focus on protecting Burrow.

We aren't winning many games this year with our putrid o line

Very hard to understand why the o line has not been addressed for how many years now???
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow has been contacted 22 times through his first 2 NFL games. Over the last 15 seasons, only Cam Newton was contacted more through his first 2 games.

This coaching staff and front office better find a way not to blow the one great thing that has happened to us in years.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:32 AM)GodFather Wrote: Joe Burrow has been contacted 22 times through his first 2 NFL games. Over the last 15 seasons, only Cam Newton was contacted more through his first 2 games.

This coaching staff and front office better find a way not to blow the one great thing that has happened to us in years.

This is a terrifying stat.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:36 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If we have the number 2 pick it better be:

"The Bengals trade the 2nd pick to *insert team here" for..."

Someone will give up a ton to come up and draft Fields.  We can't pass on getting a shit ton of quality picks for one player.  We have way too many holes.

Correct.  Then take every ***** linemen you can - offensive and defensive.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is a terrifying stat.

Whats worse is when Zac Taylor was asked after the game about all the hits Burrow has been taking his response was, "He did what he had to do"

Maybe if the offensive line did what they had to do Burrow wouldn't have gotten hit so much?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:45 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I'm mostly just giving you a hard time but really it's only been two games, I don't disagree that the line needs to improve but kind of hard to compare to Luck at this point in time. 

How about Greg Cook?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:32 AM)GodFather Wrote: Joe Burrow has been contacted 22 times through his first 2 NFL games. Over the last 15 seasons, only Cam Newton was contacted more through his first 2 games.

It's pretty odd that he gets creamed on so many drop backs and they call 61 passing plays AND throw the occasional QB sneak in there that gets blown up.  Geez.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:40 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Correct.  Then take every ***** linemen you can - offensive and defensive.

Again, depends on the offer. I’m surprised so many are just automatically down to trade a pick that could be a franchise changing player. If Sewell could be our next Munoz or Whit he’s worth turning down any offers that aren’t completely crazy, imo.

All the 1st round picks we’ve made in recent years (Ogbuehi, Ross, Price, etc) that turned out to be complete trash do not give me a ton of confidence they would even make good selections with a trade haul. Sewell seems like a sure thing to me.

Reply/Quote