Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden and Trump at the border
Looks like there's a new legislation coming,
SHIELD Act (Safeguarding Homes from Illegal Entry, Living and Dwelling Act).

Under this, squatting will be a deportable offense for migrants that come into the country.

Also in NY, there is an effort underway by state legislators to define squatters as criminal trespassers and not as tenants and to treat them accordingly.

Hopefully this goes more nationwide, would be a nice win for property owners.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:07 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Looks like there's a new legislation coming,

Under this, squatting will be a deportable offense for migrants that come into the country.

Also in NY, there is an effort underway by state legislators to define squatters as criminal trespassers and not as tenants and to treat them accordingly.

Agreed, but it's absurd that this was ever an issue.  Still, it is heartening that there are still issues so blatantly absurd that a solid majority can agree on them.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:07 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Looks like there's a new legislation coming,

Sadly, how did we get here? I am still amazed squatters can take over homes in any city or state and lock out the owner.

I agree, I would hope Congress would pass any legislature banning squatters and making it a federal offense to pass 100% in both houses. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Trump, two weeks ago, smacked Graham's peepee for...uh, I guess not bowing low enough to Trump?

And now...

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-21-114116.png]

See?  In order to get anything done (republicans to do anything) all we have to do is put Trump in charge.  As if he isn't running the entire gop/rnc right now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 12:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump, two weeks ago, smacked Graham's peepee for...uh, I guess not bowing low enough to Trump?

And now...

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-21-114116.png]

See?  In order to get anything done (republicans to do anything) all we have to do is put Trump in charge.  As if he isn't running the entire gop/rnc right now.

Oh Jeez, Trump suggested giving them the money in a loan method rather than a blank check, and that 10B was being given to Ukraine that way, he was giving Trump credit for coming up with that idea. I thought the loan thing was a pretty good idea myself. If it makes it easier for them to pass them bill then more power to them. But hey TRUMP! 

They are finally going to get some aid, so why are you bitching about it again. First it was Trump blocking it, now it's Trump approved. 

With the way you and the media keep doing this, you are making Biden appear 100% incompetent and out of the two, he's supposed to be the one in charge. 
Reply/Quote
So the gop said they had to have the border deal to give the aid.

They got it.  A bipartisan deal too.

Then Trump said don't pass it...I need the border to run for POTUS.

So they didn't vote on it.

Then they passed the aid bill.

But they didn't get the border deal.

And they are trying to give Trump credit when Biden got what he wanted.

Strange bunch those republicans.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 08:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: So the gop said they had to have the border deal to give the aid.

They got it.  A bipartisan deal too.

Then Trump said don't pass it...I need the border to run for POTUS.

So they didn't vote on it.

Then they passed the aid bill.

But they didn't get the border deal.

And they are trying to give Trump credit when Biden got what he wanted.

Strange bunch those republicans.

Let's wait and see what Biden does, it's almost the end of the month, time to deliver.
Reply/Quote
End of Month and Biden did nothing.
Only thing I could find was He was going to do SOMETHING.
Reply/Quote
I believe this would be an example of a "scare tactic" given that he used a number he *might* have read (we've been told by people close to him he doesn't like to read) somewhere, or just made up.

https://x.com/SeanOhhhh/status/1785463467077484654

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-01-112814.png]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 09:39 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: End of Month and Biden did nothing.
Only thing I could find was He was going to do SOMETHING.

[Image: 5tcx67.jpg]

Reply/Quote
https://x.com/BidenHQ/status/1787876639331832080

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-07-160916.png]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 02:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 5tcx67.jpg]

You know why the border isn't secure?  Republicans.  You know why inflation is so high?  Republicans.  You know why Biden is going to raise taxes for most families by letting the Trump tax cuts expire?  Republicans?  You know why crime is so high?  Republicans.  You know why Russia invaded Ukraine?  Republicans.

I say this being fully aware that blaming the other party is the go to blame shift in the US.  But man, this is getting next level.

Reply/Quote
The part that amazes me is how stupid the far-left think voters are in 2024. Voters have a lot of ways to educate themselves. Voters see BS when it is spewed by either Biden or Trump. In the end, the election will be who can win the Independents.

Biden's base will vote for him. Trump's base will vote for him. So the issues of guns and abortion for example have little impact on the Independent voters. They have said in polls what tops their list:

https://www.reuters.com/graphics/USA-ELECTION/INDEPENDENTS/lgpdnbxjzpo/

1. Inflation/Economy
2. Border Security/Crime
3. America covers too much of the financial burden to protect allies
4. Abortion
5. Racism is a major problem in the US

The constant in every group is Border and Crime + Inflation and the Economy are either ranked #1 or #2.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://x.com/BidenHQ/status/1787876639331832080

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-07-160916.png]

Wow.

I guess he doesn’t want to be asked to do any more Fox interviews.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You know why the border isn't secure?  Republicans.  You know why inflation is so high?  Republicans.  You know why Biden is going to raise taxes for most families by letting the Trump tax cuts expire?  Republicans?  You know why crime is so high?  Republicans.  You know why Russia invaded Ukraine?  Republicans.

I say this being fully aware that blaming the other party is the go to blame shift in the US.  But man, this is getting next level.

Who has the majority in congress?

Who killed the bipartisan senate immigration bill? Who started a tariff war, tore up trade deals, pressured the fed to keep rates low, and is pushing for de globalization? Who wrote the tax bill that made corporate tax cuts permanent but put an expiration date on tax cuts for individuals? Who cries most about crime? Which party has their own members calling out others for supporting Russia?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/118th-congress-track-become-productive-us-history/story?id=106254012

You guys will cry about everything under the sun. But won’t accept reality when all the answers are in front of your face.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Who has the majority in congress?

Split.  Dems control the Senate and the GOP controls the House.

Quote:Who killed the bipartisan senate immigration bill? Who started a tariff war, tore up trade deals, pressured the fed to keep rates low, and is pushing for de globalization? Who wrote the tax bill that made corporate tax cuts permanent but put an expiration date on tax cuts for individuals? Who cries most about crime? Which party has their own members calling out others for supporting Russia?

I literally can't with this preschool level of analysis here.

Quote:https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/118th-congress-track-become-productive-us-history/story?id=106254012

You guys will cry about everything under the sun. But won’t accept reality when all the answers are in front of your face.

You frequently use terms like "crying", "whining" and "complaining".  The odd thing is you never use them when someone is actually doing any of those things.  I certainly can't argue that the House GOP isn't a mess right now.  Increased polarization will do that.  Odd that you think the Dems, who are probably even more fractured than the GOP right now, would be different.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I literally can't with this preschool level of analysis here.

Doesn’t surprise me you have nothing to say about the reality of the situation.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Doesn’t surprise me you have nothing to say about the reality of the situation.

Not when your reality is more warped than an H.R. Pufnstuf episode.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not when your reality is more warped than an H.R. Pufnstuf episode.

Slowly read the questions I wrote and answer them honestly to yourself. You don’t even have to share your answers here. Just try not to lie to yourself.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Doesn’t surprise me you have nothing to say about the reality of the situation.

He blames "the Dems" for everything but can't see when republicans ACTUALLY have taken action/non-action to make matters worse.

The gop is beholden to Trump and will do his will.  Period.  They do not care about helping anyone but their donors and their leader.

That's why the want to remove the $35 price limit on insulin, raise the retirement age to 69 and cut SS and disability.  Because screw you...you don't send us enough money.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote