Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden is silenced by handlers and Spokesperson tells biggest lies daily
(05-30-2023, 09:48 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I may not be a medical professional, but I have lost a few loved ones who suffered from Alzheimer's.  One in particular had early onset in her mid 50s, she slipped into dementia and it wasn't a very pleasant experience for anyone involved as it dragged on for years.

My mother had Alzheimer's the last ten years of her life and my father is dealing with dementia right now.  Your description is accurate.  Sadly, some people are so partisan they have to react to an accurate description of dementia, which Biden clearly has, with sarcasm.  I don't care how far left you lean, if you can't admit that Biden is not all there mentally then I have to seriously question your judgment.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:03 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My mother had Alzheimer's the last ten years of her life and my father is dealing with dementia right now.  Your description is accurate.  Sadly, some people are so partisan they have to react to an accurate description of dementia, which Biden clearly has, with sarcasm.  I don't care how far left you lean, if you can't admit that Biden is not all there mentally then I have to seriously question your judgment.

I'm the one who must have something wrong with my head thinking that 2024 would be a chance for both parties to reboot and start anew candidate-wise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm the one who must have something wrong with my head thinking that 2024 would be a chance for both parties to reboot and start anew candidate-wise.

There are few things I'd like better.  In the meantime, I'd settle with knowing who is really the POTUS right now, because there's zero chance it's Biden.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There are few things I'd like better.  In the meantime, I'd settle with knowing who is really the POTUS right now, because there's zero chance it's Biden.

It'd fit the narratives of both sides if it were Harris.  The right gets their "Biden is demented" and the left gets to talk about how a minority woman is doing all the work and an old white guy is taking all the credit.

EDIT - and all hyperbole aside, do you really think Biden isn't doing president stuff?  How deep does this go?  It's almost cynically amusing to think he got a picture taken talking with McCarthy and then someone else did the debt ceiling negotiation stuff and then Biden was given a script of how it went to regurgitate to the press.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 09:48 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I may not be a medical professional, but I have lost a few loved ones who suffered from Alzheimer's.  One in particular had early onset in her mid 50s, she slipped into dementia and it wasn't a very pleasant experience for anyone involved as it dragged on for years.

As did my wife's grandmother.  Nonetheless you nor I am in a place to say that Biden has dementia.

I don't care if your mom or dad or sister or wife had it....you, me, or anyone else is qualified to do that.

But it seems to some it is convenient to blame "politics" for NOT saying he is of sane mine apparently, rather than blaming "politics" for trying to diagnose from afar.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There are few things I'd like better.  In the meantime, I'd settle with knowing who is really the POTUS right now, because there's zero chance it's Biden.

There's zero chance that this is going on. The number of people that would have to be in the know on this would mean it would be out in the open in no time. This isn't 1920 where Jill Biden could just control everyone coming into the room and run everything behind the scenes. And we're not just talking here stateside, we're talking about internationally, as well. People at the G-7 that would have to be in on it and keep quiet. People in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Saudi Arabia, etc.

The biggest argument against almost every conspiracy theory is the number of people that would have to be involved to make it a reality. It's just not feasible.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 11:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It'd fit the narratives of both sides if it were Harris.  The right gets their "Biden is demented" and the left gets to talk about how a minority woman is doing all the work and an old white guy is taking all the credit.

EDIT - and all hyperbole aside, do you really think Biden isn't doing president stuff?  How deep does this go?  It's almost cynically amusing to think he got a picture taken talking with McCarthy and then someone else did the debt ceiling negotiation stuff and then Biden was given a script of how it went to regurgitate to the press.

(05-30-2023, 11:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There's zero chance that this is going on. The number of people that would have to be in the know on this would mean it would be out in the open in no time. This isn't 1920 where Jill Biden could just control everyone coming into the room and run everything behind the scenes. And we're not just talking here stateside, we're talking about internationally, as well. People at the G-7 that would have to be in on it and keep quiet. People in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Saudi Arabia, etc.

The biggest argument against almost every conspiracy theory is the number of people that would have to be involved to make it a reality. It's just not feasible.

I think you're both misunderstanding me.  I don't think there's some shadow POTUS secretly running everything.  I think it's a more advanced version of Bush/Cheney.  I have zero doubt that, at the end of the day, Cheney was calling the shots for the first 4-6 years of W's presidency.  I think something similar is going on here.  Biden is not all there mentally.  When you see those close up shots of his instruction cards, it's literally the kind of thing you'd give an elementary school kid.  I am sure that there are times when Biden puts his foot down in his more lucid moments.  I am equally sure that he's not always the one making the final decision.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 11:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There's zero chance that this is going on. The number of people that would have to be in the know on this would mean it would be out in the open in no time. This isn't 1920 where Jill Biden could just control everyone coming into the room and run everything behind the scenes. And we're not just talking here stateside, we're talking about internationally, as well. People at the G-7 that would have to be in on it and keep quiet. People in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Saudi Arabia, etc.

The larger problem is that they don't think it is a conspiracy theory....they believe it is the truth.

Someone can't be convinced they are wrong when they know they know everything.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 11:48 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think you're both misunderstanding me.  I don't think there's some shadow POTUS secretly running everything.  I think it's a more advanced version of Bush/Cheney.  I have zero doubt that, at the end of the day, Cheney was calling the shots for the first 4-6 years of W's presidency.  I think something similar is going on here.  Biden is not all there mentally.  When you see those close up shots of his instruction cards, it's literally the kind of thing you'd give an elementary school kid.  I am sure that there are times when Biden puts his foot down in his more lucid moments.  I am equally sure that he's not always the one making the final decision.

You may be right.  Wouldn't surprise me if Biden's stand up routine and his Dark Brandon thing are his version of Regan dunking on Mondale about his "youth and inexperience."  I mean, it's all BS, but meh he's a funny ol' demented coot so 4 more years beats retreating back into the 1-term administration we just gleefully jettisoned, eh?
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You may be right.  Wouldn't surprise me if Biden's stand up routine and his Dark Brandon thing are his version of Regan dunking on Mondale about his "youth and inexperience."  I mean, it's all BS, but meh he's a funny ol' demented coot so 4 more years beats retreating back into the 1-term administration we just gleefully jettisoned, eh?

I think the Reagan comparison is more apt than my W example.  As you point out, that type of scenario isn't unprecedented.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think the Reagan comparison is more apt than my W example.  As you point out, that type of scenario isn't unprecedented.

Well at least we can be pretty sure Harris doesn't have the ability to ride Biden's 2 term popularity into a 1 term presidency before the right wing version of Bill Clinton defeats her with the help of a new crazy rich guy running as an independent.  Geez, politics is weird. 

I do have some faith in the next crop of democrats like Mark Kelly, and Josh Shapiro, and maybe Jared Polis and so on.  I think the party should diplomatically tear the bandage off and have Biden pass the baton sooner than later, but meh...I don't think people wanted to have to rely on Biden to keep Trump out of office for 2 whole terms, but here we are.

I haven't the slightest idea where the MAGA GOP is by 2028 IF Biden wins in 2024.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well at least we can be pretty sure Harris doesn't have the ability to ride Biden's 2 term popularity into a 1 term presidency before the right wing version of Bill Clinton defeats her with the help of a new crazy rich guy running as an independent.  Geez, politics is weird.

Yeah, if I'm Harris I'm pretty unhappy.  I can't foresee a way forward for her after Biden is done.   

Quote:I do have some faith in the next crop of democrats like Mark Kelly, and Josh Shapiro, and maybe Jared Polis and so on.  I think the party should diplomatically tear the bandage off and have Biden pass the baton sooner than later, but meh...I don't think people wanted to have to rely on Biden to keep Trump out of office for 2 whole terms, but here we are.

I'm not all that familiar with any of them, but Id be hard to get worse than what we're currently getting.

Quote:I haven't the slightest idea where the MAGA GOP is by 2028 IF Biden wins in 2024.

It will be interesting.  If Biden wins it would be a complete rejection of MAGA, as Biden is a hot garbage candidate.  If you're not a Trump fan you'd better hope the Ukraine war ended well and the economy is good in '24.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It will be interesting.  If Biden wins it would be a complete rejection of MAGA, as Biden is a hot garbage candidate.  If you're not a Trump fan you'd better hope the Ukraine war ended well and the economy is good in '24.

It's hard to say, the 2024 campaign trail gives Biden a lot of chances to stumble literally and figuratively and look frighteningly old and inept.  Then again, Trump continues to play to his extreme base and be insulted by and alienate anyone who doesn't fall in line with him already, so it's hard to see him gaining support he lost in 2020.

The 2022 midterms showed that a weak president and a bad economy usually leads to a wave for the other side, but all bets are off with no Roe V Wade and MAGA.  The left wants 2024 to be 2022 and the right wants 2024 to be 2016.  It looks like only Hillary can lose to Trump and only Trump can lose to Biden.  While the left wasn't giving Hillary 2 shots, the right will give Trump 2 or them...or if Biden wins again it'll be Trump 2028.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's hard to say, the 2024 campaign trail gives Biden a lot of chances to stumble literally and figuratively and look frighteningly old and inept.  Then again, Trump continues to play to his extreme base and be insulted by and alienate anyone who doesn't fall in line with him already, so it's hard to see him gaining support he lost in 2020.

The 2022 midterms showed that a weak president and a bad economy usually leads to a wave for the other side, but all bets are off with no Roe V Wade and MAGA.  The left wants 2024 to be 2022 and the right wants 2024 to be 2016.  1. It looks like only Hillary can lose to Trump and 2. only Trump can lose to Biden.  3. While the left wasn't giving Hillary 2 shots, the right will give Trump 2 or them...or if Biden wins again it'll be Trump 2028.

1. Only Hillary can lose to Trump. Fact Check Trump beat 16 other Candidates in 2016.

2. Only Trump can lose to Biden. Fact Check Biden beat a number of candidates in 2020.

3. The left won't give Hillary 2 shots. Fact Check Hillary lost twice, once to Obama, once to Trump.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 03:35 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: 1. Only Hillary can lose to Trump. Fact Check Trump beat 16 other Candidates in 2016.

2. Only Trump can lose to Biden. Fact Check Biden beat a number of candidates in 2020.

3. The left won't give Hillary 2 shots. Fact Check Hillary lost twice, once to Obama, once to Trump.

I'm talking about presidential races and not the primaries.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, if I'm Harris I'm pretty unhappy.  I can't foresee a way forward for her after Biden is done.   

I'm not all that familiar with any of them, but Id be hard to get worse than what we're currently getting.

It will be interesting.  If Biden wins it would be a complete rejection of MAGA, as Biden is a hot garbage candidate.  If you're not a Trump fan you'd better hope the Ukraine war ended well and the economy is good in '24.

I don’t think anyone like Harris before the presidency started and if we took away everything not involving her no one would still like her
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 05:20 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don’t think anyone like Harris before the presidency started and if we took away everything not involving her no one would still like her

Lucky for her conservatives spent 2015 onward telling everyone how the person who should be in charge isn't always going to be the nicest and most popular person.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 05:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lucky for her conservatives spent 2015 onward telling everyone how the person who should be in charge isn't always going to be the nicest and most popular person.

Yeah but those people are somewhat smart. KH is a moron.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 11:31 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yeah but those people are somewhat smart. KH is a moron.

Good, we apparently also need politicians that appeal to and can be understood by people with a 3rd grade education.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 11:31 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yeah but those people are somewhat smart. KH is a moron.

"Those people" turned out to be Trump, who thinks the Presidential Records Act means he can
declassify classified documents just by thinking he wants to, and then show them to whomever
he wants. 
Reply/Quote