Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden losing Muslim voters
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/muslim-leaders-swing-states-vow-not-back-biden-handling-israel-hamas-war

The hits keep coming for Biden, but it appears not only are they losing black voters, they are also losing Muslim voters.

Muslim leaders in swing states vow not to back Biden in 2024 over handling of Israel-Hamas war
Around 3.45 million Americans – or 1.1% of the country's population – identify as Muslim and the demographic tends to lean Democratic

I wonder how polls are adapting to factor this into their projected votes?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 09:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/muslim-leaders-swing-states-vow-not-back-biden-handling-israel-hamas-war

The hits keep coming for Biden, but it appears not only are they losing black voters, they are also losing Muslim voters.

Muslim leaders in swing states vow not to back Biden in 2024 over handling of Israel-Hamas war
Around 3.45 million Americans – or 1.1% of the country's population – identify as Muslim and the demographic tends to lean Democratic

I wonder how polls are adapting to factor this into their projected votes?

and you think they would vote for Trump?  not hardly

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 12:10 AM)pally Wrote: and you think they would vote for Trump?  not hardly

I never said they would vote for Trump although 35% did in 2020. I am saying if the majority stay home and not vote, he hurts Biden, but also hurts down ballott.

I understand you want to dismiss facts like Biden may have been involved in deals with foreign countries and now want to ignore black, hispanic and now it appears muslims telling us they are fed up with Biden and won't vote for him, but the reality is Biden won a very close race with Trump in 2020, Trump's base seems to be in tact while Biden's base is not happy with the economy, illegal immigrations and his handing of foreign affairs.

I would argue the Muslim population sees his handling of the war in Israel as a last straw that broke the camels back.

Don't forget there was a record turn out in 2020. Biden will need a record turn out again to be Trump or the GOP nominee. Last, I know you want to dismiss polls, but at no time in the 2020 election cycle did Trump beat Biden by 2 points in the average of real clear politics polling. Yes, a long way to go, but the DNC has to be very concerned behind closed doors. They have placed all of their eggs in the put Trump in jail bucket and he is still leading Biden.

Meanwhile the GOP has a very poor economy, illegal immigration, poor handling of leaving Afghanistan and handling of war in Israel and still to come his likely impeachment in 2024 to run on.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 01:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I never said they would vote for Trump although 35% did in 2020. I am saying if the majority stay home and not vote, he hurts Biden, but also hurts down ballott.

I understand you want to dismiss facts like Biden may have been involved in deals with foreign countries and now want to ignore black, hispanic and now it appears muslims telling us they are fed up with Biden and won't vote for him, but the reality is Biden won a very close race with Trump in 2020, Trump's base seems to be in tact while Biden's base is not happy with the economy, illegal immigrations and his handing of foreign affairs.

I would argue the Muslim population sees his handling of the war in Israel as a last straw that broke the camels back.

Don't forget there was a record turn out in 2020. Biden will need a record turn out again to be Trump or the GOP nominee. Last, I know you want to dismiss polls, but at no time in the 2020 election cycle did Trump beat Biden by 2 points in the average of real clear politics polling. Yes, a long way to go, but the DNC has to be very concerned behind closed doors. They have placed all of their eggs in the put Trump in jail bucket and he is still leading Biden.

Meanwhile the GOP has a very poor economy, illegal immigration, poor handling of leaving Afghanistan and handling of war in Israel and still to come his likely impeachment in 2024 to run on.

You almost made a real point in this post:  There was a record turnout last time and it help the Democrats.

republicans can't win when voters vote.

But what you missed is that even without a record turnout, even with people not wanting to vote for Biden...people don't want to vote for P01135809 also.

His support from many mainstream republicans is dwindling.  He has his cult members, and they will vote for him.  Some multiple times...lol. But he will not have the widespread support he had in 2016 and to a lesser extent 2020.

I'm not saying he can't win.  The gop is doing their best to limit who can vote and where, I'm saying both men are losing supporters and we'll have to see how that shakes out next November.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 01:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: You almost made a real point in this post:  There was a record turnout last time and it help the Democrats.

But what you missed is that even without a record turnout, even with people not wanting to vote for Biden...people don't want to vote for P01135809 also.

His support from many mainstream republicans is dwindling.  He has his cult members, and they will vote for him.  Some multiple times...lol. But he will not have the widespread support he had in 2016 and to a lesser extent 2020.

I'm not saying he can't win.  The gop is doing their best to limit who can vote and where, I'm saying both men are losing supporters and we'll have to see how that shakes out next November.

It is so easy to vote and the records in 2020 proved it. Please stop the GOP is trying to limit voting, it simply is not true. They want STOP DEAD PEOPLE AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS FROM VOTING.

As for Trump, he has the same base and I would argue is adding voters according to polling. His base will never leave him. I just did an updated less than 11 months until election polling for Trump, Biden, Kennedy, West and Stein. He is way up on average in these polls. Just an FYI, he never was ahead against Biden in a National poll in 2020.

Will Democrats be enthused to come out and vote for Biden again in 2024? The polls and a lot of groups are saying some will not vote, some will vote Trump due to inflation and the economy. It does not help Biden has trouble reading a teleprompter, not once but almost eery short speech he gives. Biden looks old and weak and his policies have hurt. the lower and middle class. His immigration policies have killed black and hispanic voters. 

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 01:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: You almost made a real point in this post:  There was a record turnout last time and it help the Democrats.

submitting multiple ballets seemed to be a leftist tactic more often than not
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 03:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: submitting multiple ballets seemed to be a leftist tactic more often than not

Or not.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-were-only-trump-supporters-arrested-2020-election-fraud-1730592
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 02:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is so easy to vote and the records in 2020 proved it. Please stop the GOP is trying to limit voting, it simply is not true. They want STOP DEAD PEOPLE AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS FROM VOTING.

As for Trump, he has the same base and I would argue is adding voters according to polling. His base will never leave him. I just did an updated less than 11 months until election polling for Trump, Biden, Kennedy, West and Stein. He is way up on average in these polls. Just an FYI, he never was ahead against Biden in a National poll in 2020.

Will Democrats be enthused to come out and vote for Biden again in 2024? The polls and a lot of groups are saying some will not vote, some will vote Trump due to inflation and the economy. It does not help Biden has trouble reading a teleprompter, not once but almost eery short speech he gives. Biden looks old and weak and his policies have hurt. the lower and middle class. His immigration policies have killed black and hispanic voters. 

I guess we'll find out if the prospect of voting for an older guy who actually got things done and had congress pass bills will be exciting enough to offset the people voting for the guy who still claims he never lost and is threatening to get revenge on anyone who wronged or disagreed with him.

Time will tell. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 03:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess we'll find out if the prospect of voting for an older guy who actually got things done and had congress pass bills will be exciting enough to offset the people voting for the guy who still claims he never lost and is threatening to get revenge on anyone who wronged or disagreed with him.

Time will tell. Mellow

What are these alleged 'things' that were 'got done'?  Can you list them for me, in your own words?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 03:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are these alleged 'things' that were 'got done'?  Can you list them for me, in your own words?

Just passing the infrastructure bill was a major accomplishment.

Even republicans are taking praising what it is doing in their districts...despite mostly/entirely voting against it.

How many times did we hear about infrastructure week in the previous administration and nothing was ever passed?

He got through a lot of help for people in the later stages of the Covid-19 pandemic.

He even got McCarthy to agree to a compromise to keep the government from closing down.

He was a part of the partial cease fire in Israel...per Netanyahu.

But, as I said, even if he has done no "things" is the alternative one that is attracting new voters?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 03:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are these alleged 'things' that were 'got done'?  Can you list them for me, in your own words?

For starters, Biden has rebounded our economy out of the inflation Trump created by increasing our national debt by over $8 Trillion.  Due mostly to giving the top 3% massive tax breaks so they could take rockets into space and then stick the middle class with the bill.

Since June 2023 inflation has been below 4%, which is normal.

Lowest unemployment since 1963 (50) years

Capped insulin costs so that diabetics can afford their medication

More Americans now have health insurance than ever before

Supported the union so the middle class could have a prevailing wage, thus increasing union and middle-class productivity

Rebuilt our infrastructure thus adding security to our national defense

Most of all, protecting democracy from fascism.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 04:52 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: For starters, Biden has rebounded our economy out of the inflation Trump created by increasing our national debt by over $8 Trillion.  Due mostly to giving the top 3% massive tax breaks so they could take rockets into space and then stick the middle class with the bill.
Supported the union so the middle class could have a prevailing wage, thus increasing union and middle-class productivity

Well, ok. But BESIDES THAT what has he done?

Billionaires are still suffering from high taxes and it seems like Biden and the Dems don't even care.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 04:52 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: For starters, Biden has rebounded our economy out of the inflation Trump created by increasing our national debt by over $8 Trillion.  Due mostly to giving the top 3% massive tax breaks so they could take rockets into space and then stick the middle class with the bill.

So in your world, voters who are mad inflation is close to 20% since Biden took office are wrong and they really did not lose $8000 per family under Biden while gaining under Trump?

What did Biden do exactly to get more Americans on health insurance? Please provide proof it happened and why Biden gets the credit.

Less than 6% of workers are in unions. How do 6% of people impact 94% and if so, please explain why wages drag below inflations since Biden took office so why voters are upset and losing money each week.

Please explain in your words and not Democratic talking points how the Biden open border policy has helped the lower and middle income workers thrive? Please explain how it has helped tax paying citizens in sanctuary cities and states.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So in your world, voters who are mad inflation is close to 20% since Biden took office are wrong and they really did not lose $8000 per family under Biden while gaining under Trump?

What did Biden do exactly to get more Americans on health insurance? Please provide proof it happened and why Biden gets the credit.

Less than 6% of workers are in unions. How do 6% of people impact 94% and if so, please explain why wages drag below inflations since Biden took office so why voters are upset and losing money each week.

Please explain in your words and not Democratic talking points how the Biden open border policy has helped the lower and middle income workers thrive? Please explain how it has helped tax paying citizens in sanctuary cities and states.

source for your 20% number?

Inflation peaked at 9.1% in June 2022 and currently sits at around 3.2%

I worked in a non-union business in a unionized industry (hospitality).  Do you know how these companies keep unions out of the building?  BY offering salaries and benefits equal to or better than that of unionized employers.

The US does not have open borders...that is a Republican talking point.  We have legal requirements to enter this country.  We have border checkpoints and border agents.  We have laws, which include regulations on dealing with asylum seekers and those that cross the border illegally.  I shall remind you that people presenting themselves for asylum are not here illegally. If you want the laws changed then tell your Republican congressman to put legislation where their mouths are. But they won't because they want political talking points instead.  They are all political cowards to the core.  

There is not a Democrat in the world who disagrees that changes need to be made in immigration laws and in how the borders work.  Unfortunately, until Congress acts hands are tied.  In the last Congressional term, the Democrats tried to give more money to border security.  Every Republican voted no.  Right now, you have Republican members of Congress trying to massively cut the budget of Homeland Security which of course results in a less secure border.  Maybe things would be different if Trump had succeeded in getting Mexico to pay for a wall.  Of course, now he is claiming he never had the power to get Mexico to pay, and besides it was only supposed to be for part of a wall.

You act like the undocumented people in the States are nothing but a drain on the economy but they produce millions of man-hours in labor each year.  They pay taxes, they spend money, and they take jobs, that need to be performed that in many cases Americans will not.

I know you all hate to talk about the underground economy but the immediate impact of ridding the US of those undocumented workers is an immediate decrease in the volume of food available and an increase in the cost.  You will have businesses close because of the lack of help.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 07:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So in your world, voters who are mad inflation is close to 20% since Biden took office are wrong and they really did not lose $8000 per family under Biden while gaining under Trump?

• First of all, Biden inherited the 20% inflation from Trump for his tax cuts that benefited only the wealthiest of Americans, and then his failed response to the pandemic.  
  • Trump caused hyperinflation by printing $Billions backed by nothing during the pandemic.  Trump also refused to allow the Fed to do its job and raise interest rates causing an environment that led to hyperinflation.  To suggest otherwise is just lack understanding of basic economics;
  • President Biden took action to lower the cost of health care for millions of Americans. Right now, four out of five people who sign up for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act can find health care coverage for $10 a month or less and millions of Americans on Obamacare are saving an average of $800 a year. Since he took office, there has been a combined 50 percent increase in enrollment in states that use HealthCare.gov and the nation’s uninsured rate is historically low at 8 percent. Over 16 million Americans signed up for quality, affordable health coverage, the highest number ever produced in an open enrollment period;
  • Union workers now have more rights and benefits than they've ever had before.  Look at what Biden did by standing with the autoworkers;
  • People are now seeing their retirement and 401k as the S&P 500 is up over 20% YTD. President Biden fought for and signed the American Rescue Plan which protected workers’ pensions, provided funding to communities and businesses devastated by the Trump admin that protected the wealthiest and corporate America;
  • Biden has given the middle and working class historic debt relief, not the top 3% as Trump did. The Biden Administration announced debt relief of up to $20,000 for Americans earning less than $125,000 per year who had Pell Grants in college, and up to $10,000 for all other borrowers below that income threshold. More than 40 million borrowers stand to benefit from this action, and about 20 million would see their debt entirely wiped out - and nearly 90% of this relief will go to borrowers earning less than $75,000 per year. In early 2023, the Biden-Harris Administration announced a plan to provide millions of borrowers with more affordable monthly student loan payments through changes to income-driven repayment plans;
    • As far as immigration, Biden continued many of the Trump-era policies and according to CATO Institute research group Biden has a better record on arresting and expelling illegal immigrants than Trump.
  • Table 1
    Outcomes for migrants arrested by Customs and Border Protection, southwest border

President Trump
    President BidenTime Period of Arrests
    FY 2019–2020 (24 months)
    1/20/21–3/31/2023 (26.3 Months)
    Outcomes as of:
    December 31, 2021
    March 31, 2023
    Total encounters
    Trump 1,365,529
    Biden 5,022,027
    Expulsions/repatriations

Trump 647,437

Biden 2,557,603
    No confirmed departure
    Trump 718,092
    Biden 2,464,424
    •Still detained

Trump•5,162 (as of Jan-2021)

Biden•24,279
    •Released
    Trump•712,930 (by Jan-2021)
    Biden•2,440,145
    Share expelled/repatriated
    Trump 47.4%
    Biden 50.9%
    Share released
    Trump 52.2%
    Biden 48.6%
    Sources: Nadwa Mossaad, Sean Leong, Ryan Baugh, and Marc Rosenblum, "Fiscal Year 2021 Enforcement Lifecycle Report," Department of Homeland Security, November 2022, Appendix Tables; Staff of the House Judiciary Committee, "The Biden Border Crisis," House Judiciary Committee, October 9, 2023, Appendix 3; For still detained population, see: Customs and Border Protection, "Custody and Transfer Statistics FY2023," 2023; Customs and Border Protection, "Custody and Transfer Statistics FY 2021," 2021; Immigration and Customs Enforcement, "Detention Management," April 2023 (archived), January 2021 (archived).
    Notes: Encounters exclude Accompanied Minors and OFO administrative cases and unaccompanied minors from Mexico and Canada. The still-detained population assumes that all persons detained after a CBP arrest were arrested during the encounter time period.
https://www.cato.org/blog/new-data-show-migrants-were-more-likely-be-released-trump-biden
CATO INSTITUTE RESEARCH NOV 2, 2023 US MEXICO BORDER COMPARISONS
So you need to do your research with credible sources and not from right-wing wacko networks that have been sued for $Trillion for lying to their views.  After all, FOX, OANN, and NEWSMAX's own lawyers stated in open court, "No reasonable person with any common sense whatsoever would ever believe anything they say, as they're intended for entertainment purposes only."
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 02:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is so easy to vote and the records in 2020 proved it. Please stop the GOP is trying to limit voting, it simply is not true. They want STOP DEAD PEOPLE AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS FROM VOTING.

It should be easy to vote.  People shouldn't have to stand in line for hours in the weather just to vote.

But, tell me

How does purging the voter rolls DURING AN ACTUAL ELECTION, as Virginia and Ohio did this past October prevent illegal and dead people from voting?
How does removing voting locations from college campuses prevent illegal and dead people from voting?
How does only allowing 1 dropbox per county prevent illegal and dead people from voting?
How does changing voting locations, mostly in known Democratic areas, just days before Election Day as Ohio did in August prevent illegal and dead people from voting?
How does preventing one person from delivering multiple absentee ballots to a drop or mailbox, something common in rural areas, prevent dead or illegal people from voting?
How does preventing a young person from voting because they are paying out-of-state tuition despite being a current resident in New Hampshire prevent illegal or dead people from voting?
How does cutting down on early voting periods prevent illegal or dead people from voting?
How does disallowing water from being provided to people waiting in hot lines prevent illegal or dead people from voting?
How does consolidating voting locations into a single county-wide location, away from public transportation prevent dead or illegal people from voting?

And while you are looking to find those answers show me examples of any time in the last 40 years when widespread incidences of dead or illegal voters actually voting occurred?

Let's be honest, most of these "integrity" laws are targeted towards young people, working class/hourly workers, poor, disabled, etc all groups of people that are assumed to vote Democratic.  The only way Republicans can win in many states is to stop people from voting so that is what they are setting out to do

Reply/Quote

That's odd, a survey taken just 3 weeks ago shows that 78% of American voters rate the economy negatively.  Survey also showed that only 29% of American voters approve of Biden's handling of inflation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 11:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's odd, a survey taken just 3 weeks ago shows that 78% of American voters rate the economy negatively.  Survey also showed that only 29% of American voters approve of Biden's handling of inflation.

Here's a link to the Bureau of Labor statistics.  You can see the numbers for yourself, and that inflation has been below 4% since May 2023.  3-4% inflation is normal this is measured by the CPI (Consumer Price Index.) So the Biden administration has brought this number down from what he inherited from Trump.  So if you want to blame Biden for the 20% inflation that we experienced when he first took office, then please explain to all of us how Trump didn't create the perfect storm for hyperinflation.  Trump was responsible for all these things:
  • Increased national debt by $ 8 trillion before COVID. Trump ran up our debt more than all the past administrations put together. 
  • Trump refused to balance our budget;
  • How about allowing Billionaires to not have to pay taxes and sticking the middle class with the bill?  
  • During COVID, printing Trillions back by nothing to protect the investor class.  
  • Engaging in corporate welfare by allowing corporations to escape tax liabilities and sticking the middle class with the bill
  • Manipulating the Federal Reserve and not allowing them to raise interest rates to tame down inflation.
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cpi.pdf

So for all of you who want to blame Biden, please explain how Trump isn't responsible for all the above-listed practices that didn't create an environment that was ripe for hyperinflation. Inflation isn't created overnight, and it sure isn't tamed overnight. Unfortunately, voter's memories are short and the "Buck stops" with the current admin and they'll usually take the blame for what's going on with the here and now. Unfair,  Yes, but is it realistic? No, but that's the way it is.

Please take the time to study the link with the economic data provided by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Also, what is the source of your survey polling numbers?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 11:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's odd, a survey taken just 3 weeks ago shows that 78% of American voters rate the economy negatively.  Survey also showed that only 29% of American voters approve of Biden's handling of inflation.
This was a political cartoon that came out in Feb 2020 before COVID hit.
[Image: 93871747_3301743643188965_26298402108541...e=659964B0]
Reply/Quote