Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's "Press Conference"!
(03-25-2021, 11:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am perfectly comfortable having anyone other than a dirty narcissistic conman with a rotten heart as the leader of the free world. Dude didn’t even care about his most ardent supporters.

Hopefully Biden keeps this up. Don’t let him know it is driving the faux conservatives crazy that he is prepared for a press conference and keep having him do them so it gets them all fired up as they watch tucker and Hannity and cry themselves to sleep every night.
Hopefully he keeps reading prepared answers and hopefully he continues to have no independent thoughts?

Putin wants to debate him.  No chance his handlers let that happen but can you imagine how much of a laughing stock our country would become?
(03-25-2021, 11:54 PM)Benton Wrote: Why would you have to defend someone who thinks before he speaks?

He doesn't think.  He just reads from his sheet or the teleprompter.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 12:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hopefully he keeps reading prepared answers and hopefully he continues to have no independent thoughts?

Putin wants to debate him.  No chance his handlers let that happen but can you imagine how much of a laughing stock our country would become?

He doesn't think.  He just reads from his sheet or the teleprompter.

I’m not for certain. But I think being president involves more than golfing and tweeting. So being prepared for a litany of questions over a wide range of subjects is now bad? Got it.

Our country was a laughing stock when our last prez stood on stage with Putin and kissed his ass and said he trusts him over our own intelligence agencies. Only Fox News and enemies of America want to see Biden debate Putin. It serves no purpose.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 01:54 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m not for certain. But I think being president involves more than golfing and tweeting. So being prepared for a litany of questions over a wide range of subjects is now bad? Got it.

Our country was a laughing stock when our last prez stood on stage with Putin and kissed his ass and said he trusts him over our own intelligence agencies. Only Fox News and enemies of America want to see Biden debate Putin. It serves no purpose.

Biden wasn’t prepared, which is why he had notes and had to read entirely from them to answer some of the questions. Go watch it again.
Reply/Quote
Since when does having prepared answers mean they aren't his own thoughts and opinions? That logic doesn't track.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 07:01 PM)jason Wrote: Haha... Dogs eat cat poo even if they aren't starving.

Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Biden wasn’t prepared, which is why he had notes and had to read entirely from them to answer some of the questions. Go watch it again.

Wait, having notes, which is done in preparation for a news conference, means he wasn't prepared?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Wait, having notes, which is done in preparation for a news conference, means he wasn't prepared?

You're trying to keep up with Olympian level mental gymnastics.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Wait, having notes, which is done in preparation for a news conference, means he wasn't prepared?

He had photos and names of the reporters too. 

Obviously he's in decline. Ninja

Or as one friend on FB said:

[Image: picture-book.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
I will add that just showing common decency is a really low bar, but after the last guy it was refreshing to see and hear.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 08:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why do people think we're too stupid to know what's going on?  

Because you actually believed that Biden was wearing a wire during the debate and randomly saying the N-word in the middle of a sentence.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 11:07 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: So you’re ok with essentially the leader of the free world not having his own thoughts and opinions?  He’s the guy who is supposed to be responsible for our foreign policy.  The Commander in Chief of the largest military in the history of the world and the you’re concerned that people didn’t pay attention to the crap he was trying to regurgitate from something someone else prepared for him.  Do you think foreign leaders will respect him/us?  That’s right he refuses to meet or talk to other foreign leaders in person at least for a few months.  

I mean for Christ sake a picture taken  of his notes had pictures of reporters faces and they were circled with numbers next to them so he knew who to call on.

Lots of people use note cards when talking about their own ideas.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 07:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Since when does having prepared answers mean they aren't his own thoughts and opinions? 

When the right-wing media tells you.  Some people just believe everything they are told.

We have seen every President use teleprompters and notes whenever they give speeches.  In fact there are tons of pictures out there of the notes Trump would hold in his hands (I will post them if anyone disagrees).  But when FoxNews or Breitbart says it means Biden is senile or a puppet that becomes the undisputed truth.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 04:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Two threads on this topic started by two guys who think alike.

Neither one of them said a single thing about the substance of the press conference or any comments made on any policies.

Instead they just concentrate on how Biden delivered the information.

Substance does not matter to either of them.  All they care about is the show and the hate.

Like 95% of the other posters.    Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 06:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And we have all been starved for a real President for the last 4 years.

And Biden is it??????  Wow, you have some really low standards.  Other than the fact that I liked Trumps overall policies, they are both horrible and we are still starved for a real president.  One couldn't shut up and stop saying dumb shit along with the tweeting and the other doesn't want to say anything unless it's practically scripted and likes to sniff little girls hair.  Both are awful.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 11:59 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: And Biden is it??????  Wow, you have some really low standards.  Other than the fact that I liked Trumps overall policies, they are both horrible and we are still starved for a real president.  One couldn't shut up and stop saying dumb shit along with the tweeting and the other doesn't want to say anything unless it's practically scripted.  Both are awful.

One was an ass and one is decent but you consider them both awful.

So all you care about are policies...the ones you like...and having a decent person who thinks before he speaks is as equally "awful" and "saying dumb shit".

That's interesting but not surprising.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: One was an ass and one is decent but you consider them both awful.

So all you care about are policies...the ones you like...and having a decent person who thinks before he speaks is as equally "awful" and "saying dumb shit".

That's interesting but not surprising.

Well doesn't everyone care about the policies they like and think are best for their Country?  Yes, I consider them both awful overall.

He was certainly unifying with that Repub Trump remark.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 12:27 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Well doesn't everyone care about the policies they like and think are best for their Country?  Yes, I consider them both awful overall.

He was certainly unifying with that Repub Trump remark.

Yes, we care about policies.  But why are they "both awful"?  Just because you disagree with his policies?  Because that is not what you said.

Show your work.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 12:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, we care about policies.  But why are they "both awful"?  Just because you disagree with his policies?  Because that is not what you said.

Show your work.
He refused to really campaign (read, hiding from the people and press), I really dislike the connections with China along with Hunter, hate the unity hypocrisy, to me he comes off as an absent minded old man (he completely lost his train of thought more than once in the press conference); which does not portray strength and he sniffs little girls hair which is just bizarre.  I disagree with most of his major policies also.

You are free to think he is awesome or at least not awful and I respect that.  I think Trump and Biden are both embarrassing, awful Presidents.

It's lunch time and I'm leaving early today.  Not going to sit here and debate you all day on who is awful, who is not and why.  Not interested and it's boring.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 10:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because you actually believed that Biden was wearing a wire during the debate and randomly saying the N-word in the middle of a sentence.

You think a man as senile and that has had his mental faculties decline so much that he wouldn't say the N-word?

Wearing a wire doesn't seem that far-fetched when you consider how lost Biden seems.  I did, however, admit that I was wrong there.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 12:54 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: He refused to really campaign (read, hiding from the people and press), I really dislike the connections with China along with Hunter, hate the unity hypocrisy, to me he comes off as an absent minded old man (he completely lost his train of thought more than once in the press conference); which does not portray strength and he sniffs little girls hair which is just bizarre.  I disagree with most of his major policies also.

You are free to think he is awesome or at least not awful and I respect that.  I think Trump and Biden are both embarrassing, awful Presidents.

It's lunch time and I'm leaving early today.  Not going to sit here and debate you all day on who is awful, who is not and why.  Not interested and it's boring.

So you have half-truth and talking points and then leave.

Fine.
Reply/Quote