Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's "Press Conference"!
(03-25-2021, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He said he did on his recent economic stimulus and he is correct

60% of Republican voters support Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus plan, poll finds (msn.com)

60% of Republican voters support Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus plan, poll finds

Everyone has been bought off. Who doesn't like free money ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 06:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They say that if you starve a dog long enough, he'll gladly eat the poisoned food..

Haha... Dogs eat cat poo even if they aren't starving.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 05:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

My fault.  I was in a hurry because I was getting ready to go wave to cars.

Do you call out every typo on the board?
Reply/Quote
And to anyone claiming that everyone needs notes or a teleprompter, IT WAS A PRESS CONFERENCE! They're not supposed to have the answers written out beforehand!

Even if a person needs notes to refer to, they don't just read from pre-scripted answers!

Why do people think we're too stupid to know what's going on? I guess that's the whole Democratic way of life, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 08:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And to anyone claiming that everyone needs notes or a teleprompter, IT WAS A PRESS CONFERENCE! They're not supposed to have the answers written out beforehand!

Even if a person needs notes to refer to, they don't just read from pre-scripted answers!

Why do people think we're too stupid to know what's going on? I guess that's the whole Democratic way of life, though.

Actually, a press conference doesn't even need to have questions. It's just an opportunity for a person to speak in front of the press. That's it. Whether the questions are pre-scripted or not has no bearing on the validity of the conference.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 07:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My fault.  I was in a hurry because I was getting ready to go wave to cars.

Do you call out every typo on the board?

Only when they are questioning someone else's presentation or ability.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Did Biden get mad at a nasty reporter asking mean questions and walk off?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 08:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And to anyone claiming that everyone needs notes or a teleprompter, IT WAS A PRESS CONFERENCE!  They're not supposed to have the answers written out beforehand!

Why do people think we're too stupid to know what's going on?  I guess that's the whole Democratic way of life, though.

Again, as someone who spent 20+ years in the press... I'd prefer they have an answer.

Here's a scenario: you're 30, still owe 20k in student loans and making waaaaaay less than you should. Your boss comes in and says "I need 30 inches on x subject. There's a press conference today. Use it as you base and fill in around whatever Press Conference Guy Says."

So you do some groundwork, spend an hour waiting on a conference (security, etc), sit through the other questions and finally it's your turn. You stand up and ask it, the guy stammers, looks through his notes and says "were working really hard on that issue. We will have more details later. Thanks for your question."

You're now an hour from deadline and boned.

You go back to your editor and say "man, what a curve ball. That guy is sooooooo unprepared and incompetent. Ha ha ha."

Then he hands you a box.

The majority of press conferences involve a prepared statement on a subject. It's usually followed by a question segment.
Reply/Quote
Man, even Drudge's headlines aren't bad about the presser.

[Image: jOE-pc.jpg]

FOX, however, seems to have a different take.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 06:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And we have all been starved for a real President for the last 4 years.

That’s not a real President...maybe the thing that’s starving is Biden’s brain for oxygen, and maybe the people who think he’s a real President.

It’s amazing how many Doctor’s were able to diagnose Trump when never ever having met him declaring he’s mentally unfit for duty. Where are they now?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like the other thread on this same topic.

Not one comment on what Biden said. Nothing about policy or information.

Just concentrate on how Biden delivered the information because all that matters is the show and the hate.

So you’re ok with essentially the leader of the free world not having his own thoughts and opinions? He’s the guy who is supposed to be responsible for our foreign policy. The Commander in Chief of the largest military in the history of the world and the you’re concerned that people didn’t pay attention to the crap he was trying to regurgitate from something someone else prepared for him. Do you think foreign leaders will respect him/us? That’s right he refuses to meet or talk to other foreign leaders in person at least for a few months.

I mean for Christ sake a picture taken of his notes had pictures of reporters faces and they were circled with numbers next to them so he knew who to call on.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 05:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have been over this many times, Brad.  Remember when you used to claim that Biden needed a telepropter and Trump didn't?

Just because a person uses notes or a teleprompter that does not mean he does not know what he is talking about.

Notes or a teleprompter may have come in handy this time last year when someone was riffing and wondered aloud whether hitting the body with a powerful light or doing a cleaning via bangin' disinfectant into your veins may wrap this whole virus up. As it turns out... Neither of those two options were viable. I've always admired outside the box thinking though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 09:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Again, as someone who spent 20+ years in the press... I'd prefer they have an answer.

Here's a scenario: you're 30, still owe 20k in student loans and making waaaaaay less than you should. Your boss comes in and says "I need 30 inches on x subject. There's a press conference today. Use it as you base and fill in around whatever Press Conference Guy Says."

So you do some groundwork, spend an hour waiting on a conference (security, etc), sit through the other questions and finally it's your turn. You stand up and ask it, the guy stammers, looks through his notes and says "were working really hard on that issue. We will have more details later. Thanks for your question."

You're now an hour from deadline and boned.

You go back to your editor and say "man, what a curve ball. That guy is sooooooo unprepared and incompetent. Ha ha ha."

Then he hands you a box.

The majority of press conferences involve a prepared statement on a subject. It's usually followed by a question segment.

Haha...except even with prepared questions, notes, and a sheet of reporters faces circled with written numbers so he knows the order of reporters to call on he still was unprepared and incompetent. When will you all stop kidding yourselves?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 11:07 PM)jason Wrote: Notes or a teleprompter may have come in handy this time last year when someone was riffing and wondered aloud whether hitting the body with a powerful light or doing a cleaning via bangin' disinfectant into your veins may wrap this whole virus up. As it turns out... Neither of those two options were viable. I've always admired outside the box thinking though.

...and I’ve always admired the stupidity of those who take everything so literal.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 11:07 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: So you’re ok with essentially the leader of the free world not having his own thoughts and opinions?  He’s the guy who is supposed to be responsible for our foreign policy.  The Commander in Chief of the largest military in the history of the world and the you’re concerned that people didn’t pay attention to the crap he was trying to regurgitate from something someone else prepared for him.  Do you think foreign leaders will respect him/us?  

Compared to the last POTUS? Definitely. 

Trump didn't know who to salute, who to address, who to bow to, etc. They just viewed him as a business guy there to make a deal, and treated him as such.

Quote:That’s right he refuses to meet or talk to other foreign leaders in person at least for a few months.  

I mean for Christ sake a picture taken  of his notes had pictures of reporters faces and they were circled with numbers next to them so he knew who to call on.

That's about a year sooner than the last POTUS, so... we're making progress?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 11:12 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: ...and I’ve always admired the stupidity of those who take everything so literal.

Yeah... Forgive me for expecting a commander in chief (or any serious adult) to not just talk out his ass because cameras are rolling. The man had nothing useful to contribute to the conversation, and said what he said. Y'all fanboys can dance around his stupidity all you want.

Takes everything so literal? Get the **** outta here.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 11:10 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Haha...except even with prepared questions, notes, and a sheet of reporters faces circled with written numbers so he knows the order of reporters to call on he still was unprepared and incompetent.  When will you all stop kidding yourselves?

When you knock it out of the park as POTUS?

Mellow

Seriously, I'm just telling you my experiences as part of the media and someone who has sat in on press briefings. You can politicize it all you want, I'd take a guy prepared over someone who can't answer my questions any day.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 11:07 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: So you’re ok with essentially the leader of the free world not having his own thoughts and opinions?  He’s the guy who is supposed to be responsible for our foreign policy.  The Commander in Chief of the largest military in the history of the world and the you’re concerned that people didn’t pay attention to the crap he was trying to regurgitate from something someone else prepared for him.  Do you think foreign leaders will respect him/us?  That’s right he refuses to meet or talk to other foreign leaders in person at least for a few months.  

I mean for Christ sake a picture taken  of his notes had pictures of reporters faces and they were circled with numbers next to them so he knew who to call on.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12225238]

It blows me away that people are comfortable with this guy leading the free world and I'm amazed at the excuses people find to try and defend him.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 11:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12225238]

It blows me away that people are comfortable with this guy leading the free world and I'm amazed at the excuses people find to try and defend him.

I am perfectly comfortable having anyone other than a dirty narcissistic conman with a rotten heart as the leader of the free world. Dude didn’t even care about his most ardent supporters.

Hopefully Biden keeps this up. Don’t let him know it is driving the faux conservatives crazy that he is prepared for a press conference and keep having him do them so it gets them all fired up as they watch tucker and Hannity and cry themselves to sleep every night.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 11:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12225238]

Why would you have to defend someone who thinks before he speaks?
Reply/Quote