Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's Press Conference!
(08-30-2021, 02:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I've got to say, if you're marching with a bunch of people chanting Nazi shit, kind of hard to say you're not a Nazi.

And there has been documented evidence that right wing media pushed hard to twist the event as being a confederate statue protest infiltrated by Neo Nazis and not state that it was explicitly organized by Neo Nazis and openly advertised as being a Neo Nazi event. Outside of the first mentions of the reason Charlottesville was picked by them, the event was marketed by the organizers to "end the Jewish influence" not to protest statues being removed. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: And there has been documented evidence that right wing media pushed hard to twist the event as being a confederate statue protest infiltrated by Neo Nazis and not state that it was explicitly organized by Neo Nazis and openly advertised as being a Neo Nazi event. Outside of the first mentions of the reason Charlottesville was picked by them, the event was marketed by the organizers to "end the Jewish influence" not to protest statues being removed. 

Well, especially the march that night. The night before the UTR rally, that took place on the UVA campus, did not involve any Confederate statues, and resulted in Neo Nazis assaulting peaceful counter-protestors. No way to defend that group, specifically.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, especially the march that night. The night before the UTR rally, that took place on the UVA campus, did not involve any Confederate statues, and resulted in Neo Nazis assaulting peaceful counter-protestors. No way to defend that group, specifically.

the night that was specifically mentioned by Trump as who he meant by "very fine people". Those "blood and soil" shouting , tiki torch carriers. 

Reply/Quote
If everyone would have listened to me we'd be on Gary Johnson's 2nd term right now. Even he is less crazy than Biden and Trump.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 05:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If everyone would have listened to me we'd be on Gary Johnson's 2nd term right now.  Even he is less crazy than Biden and Trump.

What's Aleppo?

I voted for my dude in 2012. 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 06:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What's Aleppo?

I voted for my dude in 2012. 

So did I, I just figured he'd be more likely to beat a Clinton/Trump ticket rather than unseat Obama after 4 years.  
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am going to be frank: **** meeting in "the middle."

The Overton Window has been moved so much by the GOP that the middle according to them is solidly right wing. Liberals in this country are center-right, maybe centrist on a good day. Meeting the GOP in what they define as the middle is just conceding to them and their tactics. **** that.

Spare us any conversation about so called "moderate/centrist" Democrats. The current administration just made a complete mockery of the idea we don't leave Americans in the hands of our enemies, and now those same Democrats will try to move on to business as usual with nary a peep?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 11:49 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Spare us any conversation about so called "moderate/centrist" Democrats. The current administration just made a complete mockery of the idea we don't leave Americans in the hands of our enemies, and now those same Democrats will try to move on to business as usual with nary a peep?

And that same administration is catching hell from all sides about it.

Look at that - bipartisanship achieved!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 11:49 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Spare us any conversation about so called "moderate/centrist" Democrats. The current administration just made a complete mockery of the idea we don't leave Americans in the hands of our enemies, and now those same Democrats will try to move on to business as usual with nary a peep?

Ignoring massive blunders and issues allows the nation to unite and heal...or so I've been told. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 12:14 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And that same administration is catching hell from all sides about it.

Well, not all sides.... https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/08/biden-deserves-credit-not-blame-for-afghanistan/619925/
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, not all sides.... https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/08/biden-deserves-credit-not-blame-for-afghanistan/619925/

Fair - but I could find a hundred more than defended everything the last guy did, a 1000 more that defended the dude before him, and 10,000 that defended the guy before that. And on and on.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 11:49 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Spare us any conversation about so called "moderate/centrist" Democrats. The current administration just made a complete mockery of the idea we don't leave Americans in the hands of our enemies, and now those same Democrats will try to move on to business as usual with nary a peep?

That has nothing to do with the location of the party's ideology on the political spectrum. Come back when you understand politics.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I've seen enough of the Liberal ideology to know they shouldn't ever be handed the keys unless there are adults in the room. Otherwise we end up with a Joe/Kamala tag team who screw up everything they get involved in.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:44 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I've seen enough of the Liberal ideology to know they shouldn't ever be handed the keys unless there are adults in the room. Otherwise we end up with a Joe/Kamala tag team who screw up everything they get involved in.

Especially when you ignore all empirical evidence to the contrary.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:49 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Especially when you ignore all empirical evidence to the contrary.

‘seeing liberal ideology’ is the new bird watching.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 10:50 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: ‘seeing liberal ideology’ is the new bird watching.

Is that like people watching and mocking the ones who clearly smell like patchouli, have dreads, and wear rastafarian hats? Because I love that shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:44 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I've seen enough of the Liberal ideology to know they shouldn't ever be handed the keys unless there are adults in the room. Otherwise we end up with a Joe/Kamala tag team who screw up everything they get involved in.

If "liberal ideology" never had the keys, we'd never have had a nation. 

These are odd claims; which "adults" advised Trump to bypass the ISA and negotiate with the Taliban, and invite them to Camp David? 

Rather a stretch to claim Joe/Kamala "screw up everything."  

Have you forgotten Trump's handling of COVID? Or the Syrian pullout? Or those HUGE summits with Kim? Or blowing up the Iran Deal????
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 11:05 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Is that like people watching and mocking the ones who clearly smell like patchouli, have dreads, and wear rastafarian hats? Because I love that shit.

had a few surreal sessions with topless wookies back in my day.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 12:44 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: had a few surreal sessions with topless wookies back in my day.  

I worry my niece is headed that way. Love the girl to death, but she just has no drive. And she knows my brother and I will mock her endlessly if she keeps going down that road (we're awful like that).
Reply/Quote

I'll admit I'm pretty skeptical of the two-party system, but I wouldn't say winning a national election in which more than 158 million people voted is being "handed the keys."
Reply/Quote