Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Biden's lack of stopping Illegal immigrants
(09-02-2023, 05:00 PM)pally Wrote: sure we want educated workers...but in many cases, those are the ones displacing Americans from jobs, especially in technology.  Look at where so many of the illegal immigrants work...they are filling jobs that others don't want.  Farm work, meat packing, entry-level service industry jobs (housekeepers, cooks, dishwashers,  landscapers) They work loading docks and construction.  The jobs these people fill will become painfully obvious if Republicans get their wish to "deport them all"  There are millions of job openings in these areas.  There are very few real penalties for employers who hire illegal immirants.  Fixing that is all part and parcel in fixing the entire immigration system

This country is in desperate need of unskilled labor which will become scarcer as our population ages.  Fixing the legal immigration system allows these unskilled laborers to become part of the legitimate work force 

Filling most jobs that you* don’t want. Driving down wages for people who need those jobs. 

“The US is in desperate need of unskilled labor” - WRONG. This is another lib pro-illegal-immigrant talking point with no basis whatsoever. The unemployment rate of unskilled workers with a high school diploma or lower is 6.7%, almost double the national unemployment rate. I’m convinced that there are those who will make any excuse you can to let foreigners with no discernible skills into the country illegally, with no pressure to further their education or assimilate. Why? What is the goal here? I’ve already pointed out the drastic increase in illegal immigration — why is this a good thing for the US at all? Do you think every other developed country on earth is stupid, xenophobic, and/or racist for having stronger borders than the US, if so, please explain.

The unskilled labor force is overloaded, due to a simple lack of unskilled jobs and too many unskilled workers. This is because of a number of factors, including globalization (which the Democrats largely support and Republicans oppose). Also automation, and the decline of manufacturing jobs, which I won’t blame the Dems for.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:14 AM)pally Wrote: 1). No one in the left promotes or desires open borders.  What they have talked about is treating migrants with dignity and respect instead of hate.  Stop with talking about them like they are all serial killers. Understand that the vast majority simply want the chance at a better life at their families. the border being “open” is a narrative Republicans and right wing media made up. If we had an open border why would we employ ICE and CBP people?  Why would there be lines at passport controls?  There are nearly 2 million encounters with migrants each year at the border.  2/3rds of the border encounters result in immediate expulsion.
The whole open borders narrative gets promoted in the home countries setting the stage for migration.  But hey, as much as they “complain” about open borders, Republicans would far rather undercut a Democrat’s presidency than actually do something about solving the problem.  The Republican controlled House had done nothing concerning immigration.

2) migrants head for large cities, sanctuary or otherwise.  Cities have jobs.  Cities have existing immigrant populations.  You can get “lost” in a large city whereas a newcomer stands out in rural or less populated areas.  There is safety in the anonymity of a large city.

3) the illegal immigration issue will never get solved until we fix our broken legal immigration system which is still designed with more favorable policies towards European immigrants instead of regional.

You probably right, you don't believe in Open Borders. It's  now called "LET THEM ALL IN" and since you don't believe in enforcing the existing deportation laws, there is little consequence to coming here Illegally. Want in Quicker? Bring a kid with you, and Advance to NYC, LA, SF, Chicago, etc, and collect $400.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yesterday over 3000 immigrants crossed into Eagle Pass, Texas within 2 hours. Over 9000 illegal immigrants (close to number in NYC in past 30 months under Biden) in 1 day. This is crazy. Anyone who thinks our Biden government is applying our immigration laws is insane.
Where does it end? If Biden or any Democrat wins in 2024, it will get worse. This is not an accident, it is a plan. Liberal cities give illegals driver licenses, they want to give them the ability to work.
Simply, Democrats are creating a mess, they own poor immigration policy at the border. This is not a Congress issue, it is a Joe Biden and Democrat running for any office in 2023 or 2024 be defeated or this mess will continue.

Joe Biden failed to addressed illegal immigration at our borders. But one world leader from Italy addressed it. Europe's open border policy was a huge mistake and citizens of the countries in Europe are very upset.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/italian-prime-minister-calls-eu-create-naval-blockade-stop-flow-migrantsItaly's call for naval blockade may be only way to stem Europe's migrant crisis, expert says
Italian PM Meloni warned criminal networks are exploiting the migrants during her UN speech

Anyone who thinks Joe Biden's immigration policy is working for US citizens is a part of the problem. His policies are allowing illegal immigrants to enter the US and be released n some cases with 2025 court dates to appear. They have lost over 80,000 children. How many of them are being trafficked? Drug deaths coming from our immigration policies are out of control.

Another illegal immigrant who entered into Eagle's Pass in May killed a Texas citizen this week. This is not the end of unvaccinated illegal immigrants impacting our health, impacting our schools and impacting cites, state and federal budgets negatively. These huge illegal immigrant numbers in the US do not even account for those who entered illegally by other means and not in the count.

It is estimated 15% of the US population is here illegally. Sadly, that is on Biden and all Democrats and it is getting worse by the day.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:42 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yesterday over 3000 immigrants crossed into Eagle Pass, Texas within 2 hours. Over 9000 illegal immigrants (close to number in NYC in past 30 months under Biden) in 1 day. This is crazy. Anyone who thinks our Biden government is applying our immigration laws is insane.
Where does it end? If Biden or any Democrat wins in 2024, it will get worse. This is not an accident, it is a plan. Liberal cities give illegals driver licenses, they want to give them the ability to work.
Simply, Democrats are creating a mess, they own poor immigration policy at the border. This is not a Congress issue, it is a Joe Biden and Democrat running for any office in 2023 or 2024 be defeated or this mess will continue.

Joe Biden failed to addressed illegal immigration at our borders. But one world leader from Italy addressed it. Europe's open border policy was a huge mistake and citizens of the countries in Europe are very upset.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/italian-prime-minister-calls-eu-create-naval-blockade-stop-flow-migrantsItaly's call for naval blockade may be only way to stem Europe's migrant crisis, expert says
Italian PM Meloni warned criminal networks are exploiting the migrants during her UN speech

Anyone who thinks Joe Biden's immigration policy is working for US citizens is a part of the problem. His policies are allowing illegal immigrants to enter the US and be released n some cases with 2025 court dates to appear. They have lost over 80,000 children. How many of them are being trafficked?  Drug deaths coming from our immigration policies are out of control.

Another illegal immigrant who entered into Eagle's Pass in May killed a Texas citizen this week. This is not the end of unvaccinated illegal immigrants impacting our health, impacting our schools and impacting cites, state and federal budgets negatively. These huge illegal immigrant numbers in the US do not even account for those who entered illegally by other means and not in the count.

It is estimated 15% of the US population is here illegally. Sadly, that is on Biden and all Democrats and it is getting worse by the day.

I know we’re on the same page, but I can’t stress this enough: the only way Democrats will stop wanting open borders is if it affects them. We’ve now seen this in Chicago, NYC and Martha’s Vineyard. The mayors of those cities have publicly stated illegal immigration is a big problem. I got a kick out of this video in the UK, it was a far left rally voicing support for refugees and illegal immigrants:

https://youtube.com/shorts/1CXMwu530Gg?si=JPexKngMnKSZdGLp
It perfectly describes Democrats’ views on open borders. They’re all for them until it happens in their backyard. 
There is no upside to illegal immigration. We do not owe them ANYTHING. Open border policies from the Democrats are, in their purest form, mistargeted empathy: Empathy for non-citizens who broke the law to come here at the expense of actual citizens and legal immigrants who live here. Doctors, lawyers and bankers aren’t the ones jumping over the fence. They’re bringing folks that are unskilled workers to a country with an already overloaded unskilled labor force with double the unemployment rate as the overall rate nationally. I don’t think Dems disagree with this, but they will take it as an opportunity to call you a racist if you point out these truths. 
Reply/Quote
If only the US ever had a leader that actually wanted to stop illegal immigration, and had an actual plan of how to at least slow the bleeding..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 01:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If only the US ever had a leader that actually wanted to stop illegal immigration, and had an actual plan of how to at least slow the bleeding..

You can't physically stop people from getting here, it's just not possible.  But you can make stiffer penalties for employing illegal immigrants and actually enforce the hell out of them.  Once a business loses thousands of dollars they will stop employing illegals.  If they can't work here then they can't earn money and sending money home is their primary reason for coming here.  Eliminate that and you eliminate the reason.

Also, it would be a good idea to change our citizenship qualification to the standard that the vast majority of the world uses and eliminate birthright citizenship.  The reason for this being included in the 14th has long since stopped being an issue
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 01:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You can't physically stop people from getting here, it's just not possible.  But you can make stiffer penalties for employing illegal immigrants and actually enforce the hell out of them.  Once a business loses thousands of dollars they will stop employing illegals.  If they can't work here then they can't earn money and sending money home is their primary reason for coming here.  Eliminate that and you eliminate the reason.

Also, it would be a good idea to change our citizenship qualification to the standard that the vast majority of the world uses and eliminate birthright citizenship.  The reason for this being included in the 14th has long since stopped being an issue

Boom. Nailed it. A lot of folks who pretend the US is xenophobic and racist don’t realize that most developed countries in the west don’t have birthright citizenship, and like you said, they also don’t realize it was set out to protect the rights of newly freed slaves, not 21st century illegal immigrants. 

The person in charge has a lot more power than the Democrats care to acknowledge. Illegal immigration significantly cut back under Trump, then went apesh*t the first month Biden was in office. 
Reply/Quote
So, we're saying that amendments can be changed/removed because the reasons for being there have changed since they were written?

Interesting.  

Now, I believed I've said before that we HAVE changed/passed new amendments to override previous ones before because there was an discussion about amendments being "absolute" or not.

I think this is why people fight so hard to defend the rights they believe are important, because they CAN be taken away from you because a group decides they aren't important anymore.

I'm just saying let's be careful about going down that road over a talking point rather than addressing the actual situation by proposing solutions to deal with what is really going on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: So, we're saying that amendments can be changed/removed because the reasons for being there have changed since they were written?

Interesting.  

Now, I believed I've said before that we HAVE changed/passed new amendments to override previous ones before because there was an discussion about amendments being "absolute" or not.

I don't believe anyone here has argued otherwise, so I'm not sure what point you think you're making here.

Quote:I think this is why people fight so hard to defend the rights they believe are important, because they CAN be taken away from you because a group decides they aren't important anymore.

I'm just saying let's be careful about going down that road over a talking point rather than addressing the actual situation by proposing solutions to deal with what is really going on.

I don't see a single talking point in my post.  I do see some rather straightforward solutions to the illegal immigration crises.  Some much easier to enact than others, to be sure.  Why would you not actually address the points being made?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 11:35 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't believe anyone here has argued otherwise, so I'm not sure what point you think you're making here.

I don't see a single talking point in my post.  I do see some rather straightforward solutions to the illegal immigration crises.  Some much easier to enact than others, to be sure.  Why would you not actually address the points being made?

I did not respond to any one individual post.  

I could not have been more clear but:  We must always stand up and fight for the rights we have before a group decides "we" don't need them any more.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: I did not respond to any one individual post.  

I could not have been more clear but:  We must always stand up and fight for the rights we have before a group decides "we" don't need them any more.

Sure, what right are you referring to?  Birthright citizenship?  
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 12:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure, what right are you referring to?  Birthright citizenship?  

Not sure where your confusion is coming from.

Trying reading it again:

We must always stand up and fight for the rights we have before a group decides "we" don't need them any more.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 12:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not sure where your confusion is coming from.

Trying reading it again:

We must always stand up and fight for the rights we have before a group decides "we" don't need them any more.

Are you trying to defend "inalienable rights". The rights of every human to pursue happiness and so on? 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 12:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not sure where your confusion is coming from.

Trying reading it again:

Try not being smarmy and actually answer my question.  Are you speaking about a specific right in this case, or all of them?  Because no one mentioned all of them prior to your post, but we did mention the birthright citizenship contained in the 14th.  I am asking if you consider a change from birthright citizenship to what the vast majority of nations use (the term frequently used is "blood not soil", and no it has no political connotations) a loss of "our rights"?  Because I don't see how that would be true.  I'm trying to have an honest discussion here and it doesn't appear that you are reciprocating.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 02:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-quietly-auctions-trump-border-wall-parts-stunt-republican-effort-restart-construction-report

Biden immediately stopped construction of 250 miles of Trump border wall. Then, instead of donating it to Texas to help them secure their state border, he either sold materials for pennies on the dollar or left it to rust.

Biden's and the Democrats immigration policy are killing Americans by their open border policy. Their policies will bankrupt cities if they continue to allow illegal immigrants into the US from the Mexican border.

Do you work for FauxNews?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 04:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Try not being smarmy and actually answer my question.  Are you speaking about a specific right in this case, or all of them?  Because no one mentioned all of them prior to your post, but we did mention the birthright citizenship contained in the 14th.  I am asking if you consider a change from birthright citizenship to what the vast majority of nations use (the term frequently used is "blood not soil", and no it has no political connotations) a loss of "our rights"?  Because I don't see how that would be true.  I'm trying to have an honest discussion here and it doesn't appear that you are reciprocating.

Not sure how we can have an honest conversation when a one sentence statement is somehow confusing to you.

We have rights granted onto us.  We should protect those rights as strongly as we can when "they" decide "we" don't need them.  

That we have rights in this country not afforded in other countries doesn't change anything in what I said.  And I said it quite clearly.

You can agree or disagree, but it is easy to understand.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 09:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not sure how we can have an honest conversation when a one sentence statement is somehow confusing to you.

Not sure how we can either when you type sentences like this.

Quote:We have rights granted onto us.  We should protect those rights as strongly as we can when "they" decide "we" don't need them.  

No, we don't.  We have rights because they are rights.  They are not granted to us, they are inherent.

Quote:That we have rights in this country not afforded in other countries doesn't change anything in what I said.  And I said it quite clearly.

No, it doesn't.  Nor does it clarify your position.  We have discussed no right here that is only available to US residents.  So, no, you have said nothing clearly.

Quote:You can agree or disagree, but it is easy to understand.

It's so easy to understand that you can't make it understood.  I guess I'm just a complete idiot if I can't grasp your simple position, huh?  After all this time I'd think you'd at least have the courage of your convictions to take a stance.  I guess I was wrong.
Reply/Quote
Minefield. Problem solved.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 09:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not sure how we can either when you type sentences like this.

No, we don't.  We have rights because they are rights.  They are not granted to us, they are inherent.

No, it doesn't.  Nor does it clarify your position.  We have discussed no right here that is only available to US residents.  So, no, you have said nothing clearly.

It's so easy to understand that you can't make it understood.  I guess I'm just a complete idiot if I can't grasp your simple position, huh?  After all this time I'd think you'd at least have the courage of your convictions to take a stance.  I guess I was wrong.

You finally admit you are wrong...and you're still wrong.  

Those inherent rights can and have been given and taken away.  

We must fight to keep the rights we have when a group of people decide "we" don't need them.

I don't know what you are looking for other than to take shots at my "courage".  

So I'm going to assume you won't/can't understand a simple sentence and move on.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 11:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: You finally admit you are wrong...and you're still wrong.

This new zen Yoda style of posting from you is interesting.  Please enlighten us.  

Quote:Those inherent rights can and have been given and taken away.  

Have they?  What right afforded to us by our Constitution has been taken away?  Drinking alcohol?  Yes, a decidedly stupid approach which is often to result of listening to extremists.

Quote:We must fight to keep the rights we have when a group of people decide "we" don't need them.

And again I ask you, what right is being taken away by people who think we don't need them?

Quote:I don't know what you are looking for other than to take shots at my "courage".  

I'm actually taking shots at your inability to form a cogent argument beyond a bland broad statement like "we must fight to protect our rights".

Quote:So I'm going to assume you won't/can't understand a simple sentence and move on.

Thank you Master Yoda, please let me know when you're again available to speak in broad generalities and being unable to elaborate further when asked.
Reply/Quote