Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Whit wins a playoff game
He has at least broken the playoff drought streak. Congrats Big Whit. Miss you in Cincy man
Reply/Quote
Happy for him. He's nothing but class.

I hope he can win the big one!
Reply/Quote
Pretty cool seeing McVay give Whit a game ball in the locker room. The whole team going nuts for him. He definitely deserves it.
Reply/Quote
Super glad for Whit. I was rooting for a Rams lose only so we could see whats up with our new coaches. But now I want them to win it all. I think a Super Bowl adds a lot to his career, maybe pushing him over the top to the HoF.
Reply/Quote
Sad that the best we have as bengal fans is vicariously celebrating a playoff win with a player who forgot about this franchise years ago.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 04:49 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Sad that the best we have as bengal fans is vicariously celebrating a playoff win with a player who forgot about this franchise years ago.

Yep. Kind of feels like salt in the wound to see such a longtime Bengal doing so well on another team.

I mean, I guess good for him, but I just can’t get too excited over stuff like this. I root for the laundry.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He was fun to watch and played lights out. He was making some great blocks in the run game. But man those uniforms are awful.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 06:29 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: He was fun to watch and played lights out. He was making some great blocks in the run game. But man those uniforms are awful.

They really are. Yellow never a good idea for uniforms. Such an eyesore.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 04:49 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Sad that the best we have as bengal fans is vicariously celebrating a playoff win with a player who forgot about this franchise years ago.

I dont cheer for anyone who doesnt play for the Bengals to win anything. Once you are no longer part of this team you are the enemy.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 04:49 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Sad that the best we have as bengal fans is vicariously celebrating a playoff win with a player who forgot about this franchise years ago.

Which is kind of like saying, Hey! My ex gf found a guy with a bigger pecker than mine! (not tough to do in my case..I'm built like Mighty Mouse! and about the same age)

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 06:29 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: He was fun to watch and played lights out. He was making some great blocks in the run game. But man those uniforms are awful.

That's funny!  My son and I were saying how much we like their uniforms.  :)
Reply/Quote
Can I be the only Bengals fan who doesn't get pumped about former Bengals? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nope, I was rooting against the Rams and Whitworth. Screw him.....
Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for him.
Reply/Quote
I found myself rooting for former Bengals after they moved on to other teams.

If they tolerated working for Mike and Marvin for several years, without complaining too much, I want them to have nice things in later life.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote

His franchise forgot about him first...
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 11:59 AM)Stewy Wrote: His franchise forgot about him first...

Agreed.  Whitworth played on hell of a ballgame, I'm happy for him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Happy for Whit. As much as I'd love to see him get a ring, I just can't root for that because i selfishly wanna get our thing up and running.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:37 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: I found myself rooting for former Bengals after they moved on to other teams.

If they tolerated working for Mike and Marvin for several years, without complaining too much, I want them to have nice things in later life.

I root for players that leave here because they are not resigned, like Ryan Hewitt, Margun Hunt, etc. If a player is offered a deal here and chooses to go elsewhere, ala Whit, Jones, etc, then screw them.... I hope their careers falter. Everytime I saw Dalton get creamed because of Oggie, I blame Whit.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy for Big Whit and wish him well.
Reply/Quote