Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Bill Belichick is showing you that coaching matters. Don't settle.
Mr. "Makes a difference" settled for a FG with 9 minutes left, down by 13, and inside the opponent's 10 yard line.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure, coaching matters.

So do divisions. And predecessors.

ZT may not be all that and a bag of chips. But the Bengals are relevant again in arguably the toughest division in football. The Pats are leading a division where their only competition is the Bills, and have have had more stability than just about any team for a long time.

BB is a good coach, but holding every coach up to that standard is silly. Especially when they've, for the last decade, been the only team worth **** in their division.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's showing you that coaching in the NFL can be an absolute WEAPON, just like having an all-pro QB can be a weapon.

Don't settle for inadequate coaching. Ask yourself this, is our coaching staff an asset? Do they lift this team up or hold them back?

I was reminded of this when we took a timeout during a freaking TWO POINT CONVERSION then a delay of game then a missed XP.

Clown show.

I agree with the sentiment in general, but not as it pertains to ZT.  I think he is a solid coach and while he is still learning some on the job, the needle is pointed in the right direction, and perhaps most importantly he has Joe Burrow playing like one of the best in the NFL.  

With respect to the two point conversion and using a timeout...there is a very odd inconsistency when it comes to the "play clock".  Some games, I will see a coach or player motion with their hand to push the play clock back to the top and then it is awarded.  Other times, it starts CRAZY QUICK (and not in just two point or extra point plays).  I am unsure of how the rule reads, but there is a LOT of fishy variability in terms of play clock operation.  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 01:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Mr. "Makes a difference" settled for a FG with 9 minutes left, down by 13, and inside the opponent's 10 yard line.

And that made a difference in the outcome of the game...

...for those betting the over or under.
Reply/Quote