Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor named new OC
I think that Lazor has great possibilities...but with a bad offensive line he may be limited.
Reply/Quote
My understanding is that the root problem is that the offensive line play is bad.  I assume that some of Andy Dalton’s poor performance is due to him being rattled by his bad offensive line.  Hopefully, the offensive line will improve and help Bill Lazor become a success.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 07:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that Lazor has great possibilities...but with a bad offensive line he may be limited.

A good coordinator can help a line. People seem to forget that. Just like any position, they need to be put in good situations by their coordinator.

We will see what Lazor can do, but at least this gives us fans some optimism for SOME hope.
Reply/Quote
This news made my day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 07:41 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: My understanding is that the root problem is that the offensive line play is bad.  I assume that some of Andy Dalton’s poor performance is due to him being rattled by his bad offensive line.  Hopefully, the offensive line will improve and help Bill Lazor become a success.

The root problem would most likely be that Orange and Black striped elephant in the room, namely the ownership..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He seems to have potential. He had a mixed bag of results in Miami so it's hard to say he will be better or worse.

The best part is that some other franchise saw fit to hire him as OC. I think that in and of itself is a good thing.

No way he can be worse.
Reply/Quote
Well, if nothing else he has a cool name. Bill Lazor......Mike Brown goes to his Star Wars Lazor Attack.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I am surprised because the Brown family normally doesn't make decisions like this. Usually they wait til the end of the contract. I think the look of disgust on AJ Green's face might have had something to do with it. He was furious, and he is a very calm guy.
Reply/Quote
Soooooo your OC was inept because the line and QB suck, along with his offense, and the answer is to hire a coach that was already here coaching the sucky QB on the offense, if he were the answer certainly he could of helped in his present position, then.

This decision is solely because some players, the fans, the city, corporate sponsors, and the media were foaming at the mouth.

I do agree with the firing, but then why do the Bengal thing and replace him with this guy? Answer is, they don't give a damn about fixing or changing anything!!! Good orgs would of went outside and searched for someone!!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:21 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Soooooo your OC was inept because the line and QB suck, along with his offense, and the answer is to hire a coach that was already here coaching the sucky QB on the offense, if he were the answer certainly he could of helped in his present position, then.

This decision is solely because some players, the fans, the city, corporate sponsors, and the media were foaming at the mouth.

I do agree with the firing, but then why do the Bengal thing and replace him with this guy? Answer is, they don't give a damn about fixing or changing anything!!! Good orgs would of went outside and searched for someone!!

Or the fact that he has shown success when in the OC position in the past. Who out there is better and available?
Reply/Quote
Yay. Another OC who will be tarred and feathered before seasons end. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 05:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hard to believe they actually made a move, but it is the 50th anniversary season and Marv is supposedly playing for his job.

Glad they had the balls to admit it wasn't working, but we need more change. A lot more.

Wouldn't it be sweet if MB had the balls to admit his BFF Paul A. wasn't getting it done and fired him.

There's a whole lotta steps that need taken for this team to make it to the promised land. Here's to hoping this was #1 in that direction ! 
Reply/Quote
Seems like kind of a lazy hire but, in reality, how many candidates are out there unemployed?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Sounds like he's going to get rid of the 3 RB approach to a run game. That's a good first step. Also, get the ball to AJ and other playmakers. Our offense has been beyond anemic. Something staged by George Romero. It's the worst I can remember for a very long time.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Well, Lazor can't get Whitworth and Zeitler back and fix that O-Line, but the Bengals had to do something, and I think this is the right thing. Maybe he can make some adjustments that make the fab five less of a problem. And at least it will create some excitement.

Dalton to Bodine after JJ Watt flattened him: "So now you know how it feels!"

here's another tidbit:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/15/near-mutiny-forced-the-hand-of-marvin-lewis/
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: I would almost bet my lefty that he will not be worse......bout damn guarantee it.

Hint: Hollow out an egg and fire up the hot glue gun.. You may need it if you're betting a nut on this franchise.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:31 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Or the fact that he has shown success when in the OC position in the past. Who out there is better and available?

Fact 1) We know who really calls the shots

Fact 2) Was he not the QB coach? So, he saw a broke offense and could not fix it in that role?

He may have had success in the past, the point of my post was this hiring was lazy, just like Zampese's hiring. Also, I believe it was just to save face and a complete meltdown because people were going crazy, including the players.
Reply/Quote
We are all whistling past the graveyard on this thing.

Sure we hope this move ends up being a positive, but deep down, all of us here knows it really won't change much. Unless we can get a brand new o-line that is at least average we are starring down the barrel of a complete disaster of a season (90's bad). And seeing as how that won't happen, well, you guys can see where this year is heading.
Reply/Quote
In case your Wiki's broke, did you know our guy Bill Lazor used to play QB for Cornell. That's in the ivy league boys. Dude's gotta be wicked smahhht. He set many offensive records there. He's coached under Gibbs, Holmgren, Mora Jr, and Chip Kelley.

This has got me jazzed.
Reply/Quote
About time...I've always had an issue with Zampese. When running play action it always seemed to me that the fakes from Carson and Dalton always looked bad they would fully extended their arms.

As an OC he ran Hues split out tackles constantly with no success...I truly believe Zampese's offense is the reason Whitworth ran like hell out of Cincinnati.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote