Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor named new OC
Thursday night Collinsworth said how our O-line is more finesse ....better suited to move in space, etc

so w/ this line seems no matter who is the OC is he has to call some plays more than others....

i'm wondering if w/ our 1st pick in next yrs draft if we target an OT ?
rds 2-3-4 an OG & OC..? Violin
Reply/Quote
Here is a pretty cool article about Lazor when he was OC for Virginia.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/greenenews/sports/ratcliffe-lazor-brings-brilliant-balance-to-virginia-offense/article_a283b272-5a88-5c5a-9a83-7349538fe541.html
Reply/Quote
It's worth mentioning that Lazor was Nick Foles' QB coach when he had that ridiculous 27 TD to 2 INT season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Lazor truly has a mans work set before him ....

On the good side he inherits at least one good WR, a good QB and a lot of RB potential.

On the bad side he inherits an OL with poor technique playing in the wrong system for their physical type.

And as we have seen (and I suspect is what finally caused the player revolt) a BIG problem was our scheming set our players up to fail instead of succeed. Stuff like too many horizontal plays, RB by committee and ignoring the seams were just some of the problems. Just getting back to rational fundamental football will help things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:21 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Soooooo your OC was inept because the line and QB suck, along with his offense, and the answer is to hire a coach that was already here coaching the sucky QB on the offense, if he were the answer certainly he could of helped in his present position, then.

This decision is solely because some players, the fans, the city, corporate sponsors, and the media were foaming at the mouth.

I do agree with the firing, but then why do the Bengal thing and replace him with this guy? Answer is, they don't give a damn about fixing or changing anything!!! Good orgs would of went outside and searched for someone!!

To start a season I agree....at this point we can't re-install a whole new offense. I think having someone internal could be beneficial

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 01:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's worth mentioning that Lazor was Nick Foles' QB coach when he had that ridiculous 27 TD to 2 INT season.

That's right, man Foles was lighting it up that year. He had one of the best years a QB can ever have out of nowhere. He had 7 TD's in one game.
Reply/Quote
Holy crap we made a coaching change in the middle of the season.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm glad to see the change. I've never seen an offense with so much talent be so stagnant. This is for the best.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Reading fans comments when Lazor was the OC in Miami. Seems like they were just as glad he was fired as we are KZ was fired here. Not sure exactly what was going on there but I know they had a lot of issues when Philbin was there so probably not fair to put that on Lazor. Not sure what to think except it wasn't worked no with KZ. Felt that way last year also. Maybe change will help but we still have that OL.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He seems to have potential. He had a mixed bag of results in Miami so it's hard to say he will be better or worse.

The best part is that some other franchise saw fit to hire him as OC. I think that in and of itself is a good thing.

GOOD THING!!! GOOD THING!!!! This is like christmas in September, im not talking that shitty christmas when your 32 im talking that christmas when your 12.
Reply/Quote
I'm just going to look at the bigger picture here, and appreciate that we're not willing to sacrifice a season. That shows that the organization is committed to wining (aside from being bargain bin shoppers in FA). I might be looking too much in to it, but a move likes this signals to fans that 90s coming back is not okay, and we're going to do our best to put a winning scheme on O and D.
Reply/Quote
I guess nobody has asked WHAT IF Lazor has a magic trick up his sleeve and this offense suddenly comes to life and lights up the league the rest of the way? 
I'll of course say it was scripted that way in the bowels of NFL HQ for the Cinderella effect.. lol
These things don't just happen by accident..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 04:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: I guess nobody has asked WHAT IF Lazor has a magic trick up his sleeve and this offense suddenly comes to life and lights up the league the rest of the way? 
I'll of course say it was scripted that way in the bowels of NFL HQ for the Cinderella effect.. lol

I hope so. My liver cant take much more of this season!
Reply/Quote
Fairly sure the only time Tannehill has looked decent is when Lazor was his coordinator. Cant say for sure.

Also feel like Lazor likes bootlegs and getting the QB on the move.... some of me likes this, I feel like Andy has the skill set... I've never really seen him run a designed boot leg... I'm interested to see if any plays like this happen...
Reply/Quote
It was obvious last season that Zampese wasnt a good OC, but we made excuses for him because it was his first year. Now in year two with on paper what appears to be a more talented offense we havent scored a touchdown in 8 quarters of football. Thats on your playcaller. There are ways to compensate for a weak offensive line, and i guess Ken wasnt good enough to figure that out. Hopefully Bill takes this job and runs with it.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:08 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Fact 1) We know who really calls the shots

Fact 2) Was he not the QB coach? So, he saw a broke offense and could not fix it in that role?

He may have had success in the past, the point of my post was this hiring was lazy, just like Zampese's hiring. Also, I believe it was just to save face and a complete meltdown because people were going crazy, including the players.

Please be happy that Zampese is gone Wink , Heck No, as a Qb coach he wont fix the offense, why? he wants to be promoted to OC and get paid to fix it. Lazy, the season has already started, you cant really bring in a outside guy who has no grasp of our current offense, you have to hire within for familiarity sake. When the off season come then make a long term decision at OC.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 04:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: I guess nobody has asked WHAT IF Lazor has a magic trick up his sleeve and this offense suddenly comes to life and lights up the league the rest of the way? 
I hope so, The players was on a brink of a mutiny , I love it, I LOVE it, I LOVE IT LOL. Who dey! I have been saying for years the p-layers have to revolt against the incompetence they are being subjected to ( Ala Peyton Manning in Indy waving off the punt team to go for it on 4th down). We have a team full of talent that's being misused and abused. Anyone remember Palmer rebuking Marvin Lewis? For not going for it on 4th down with seconds left in OT (Marvin rather punt and have a tie vs trying to win and be tied anyway, just d,,mb). Rebel team rebel, force change ThumbsUp Palmer ended up winning the game with a 47 yard td pass, google it .
Reply/Quote
He said he needs to get the QB in a rhythm and the RB in a rhythm. SEEMS like he might not believe in the 3 headed RB, I like that. He said he likes 3 RBs if they all get 100 yard games, lol. We need to choose 2, and really just 1 - the other is situational. When AJ Green starts acting selfish/egotistical, you need to get him the damn ball.

This organization needs fresh thoughts, Dalton looks depressed out there, except he can't really pull an AJ and say the offensive line is shit, that will get him killed more.

It's not all Xs and Os, the less snaps (rhythm) we're giving guys against teams, they can't find what's working, what isn't. I think our run game won't be going anywhere (literally) with a 3 headed monster.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Our defense is good enough to where we don't need an offense that lights up score boards and drops 45 a game. Would that be awesome, hell yes it would be, but right now we just need Bill to figure out how we can get these guys in the endzone a couple times a game. We keep saying and hearing that we have the talent on offense, it just needs to be used effectively now.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, our Defense seems OK, especially when Burfict comes back. It seems like every year we have either an above average offense or above average defense, but we can't connect the damn dots and get both.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote