Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor needs to be fired
If we're going to clean house, Bill Lazor should be fired.

IMO, he was the second biggest disappointment (first being Teryl Austin) from a coaching staff perspective. I know this team had injuries, but his offense was just bad and sometimes head scratching. Time after time this team would throw on first down, get an incompletion, and then run the ball on second down. His offense was as predictable as Brat's from years back.

His lack of creativity involving Ross in the offense, especially when AJ went down, was inexcusable. There were times during games and during the season when Joe Mixon seemed to disappear.

This team only had four passing plays over 20 yards this year for Pete's sake. Thats inexcusable with guys like Green and Ross on your team.

Im just not impressed with Lazor and its baffling how hes being interviewed as a head coach candidate.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If he's a casualty of the regime change, so be it. Injuries or not, he's done nothing to show that he's too valuable to let go. Let the new HC pick his guy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Bill Lazor knew Ross couldn't catch anything past 20 yrds except for that lucky pre-season game, thus he had to put AJ Green to catch slant passes which helped us get those first downs with the help of Boyd who also was instrumental in moving the chains and putting in us in the red zone to conveniently and finally give lazy bones Ross a chance to catch an easy TD.

Lazor is an OK coach, and fortunately, not as bad as Bratkowski. Still wondering why Hart and the other penalty churner got to play as much as they did though.
Reply/Quote
I don't have any problem with Lazor, nor will I be devastated if he is let go. The way the Bengals moved the ball early in the year probably had a bit to do with him, so you have to give credit if you're going to cast blame. The one issue I had with the offense post Andy was the lack of running plays involving Driskel, but perhaps they were just trying to develop Driskel's passing game from the pocket.

Overall, the line proved to be less than satisfactory most all year, and the injuries proved too much to overcome- not sure Bill Walsh himself could have done much with the lineup the last four games or so.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If we're going to clean house, Bill Lazor should be fired.

IMO, he was the second biggest disappointment (first being Teryl Austin) from a coaching staff perspective. I know this team had injuries, but his offense was just bad and sometimes head scratching. Time after time this team would throw on first down, get an incompletion, and then run the ball on second down. His offense was as predictable as Brat's from years back.

His lack of creativity involving Ross in the offense, especially when AJ went down, was inexcusable. There were times during games and during the season when Joe Mixon seemed to disappear.

This team only had four passing plays over 20 yards this year for Pete's sake. Thats inexcusable with guys like Green and Ross on your team.

Im just not impressed with Lazor and its baffling how hes being interviewed as a head coach candidate.

For me, the jury is still out on Lazor.  In my eyes, the offense looked damn good, that first 5-6 weeks of the season.  Then, as the injuries began to pile up, he couldn't really plan around a poor pass protecting OL any longer, and it seemed as if he had to shrink the playbook considerably.

Lazor might not be the greatest ever, but I think he's far from being a Bob Bratkowski or Ken Zampesee. But, either way, I would think it the new HC decision on weather to keep him around or pick someone of his liking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Agree. Never liked the hire. He was run out of Miami for the same reason. Offense became stagnant and predictable.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agree. Never liked the hire. He was run out of Miami for the same reason. Offense became stagnant and predictable.

Funny fact, after Lazor was fired in Miami, the guy who filled in for the rest of the season was Zac Taylor, our Friday interview.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Let the new guy decide who's the OC. I do think he should have used more Mixon. But he was handicapped behind our line.
Reply/Quote
I would think that if a young, offensive minded coach comes in that there's a halfway decent chance he'll want to run the O himself. That might make Lazor obsolete. I don't expect him to be here for 2019.
Reply/Quote
I'm not impressed by Lazor, at all.
Reply/Quote
Bill doesn’t have a fan base like marvin, mainly because he took over another failure. That said, lazor needs canned like every other other coach on the staff. Mixoln needs atleast 15 touches a game. Bernard needs atleast 10 as well
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 09:18 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Bill doesn’t have a fan base like marvin, mainly because he took over another failure. That said, lazor needs canned like every other other coach on the staff. Mixoln needs atleast 15 touches a game. Bernard needs atleast 10 as well

This is one of my biggest knocks on Lazor ! Several games he way underutilized Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Lazor became very predictable in his playcalling.he was good at scripting plays.but once defenses adjusted to him...he was done.he couldnt adjust to the adjustment.
he never used misdirection or deception. he never came out with a new wrinkle from week to week.
he used the same 11 21 31 personel on the field in the same down distance
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 09:52 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Lazor became very predictable in his playcalling.he was good at scripting plays.but once defenses adjusted to him...he was done.he couldnt adjust to the adjustment.
he never used misdirection or deception. he never came out with a new wrinkle from week to week.
he used the same 11 21 31 personel on the field in the same down distance

Hasn't that been pretty much the story with every OC under Marvin?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Any hope I had for Lazor went out the window when Andy went down and Lazor didn't modify the play calling to fit Driskel. He basically rolled with the same game plan.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Any hope I had for Lazor went out the window when Andy went down and Lazor didn't modify the play calling to fit Driskel. He basically rolled with the same game plan.

Yep
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hasn't that been pretty much the story with every OC under Marvin?

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hasn't that been pretty much the story with every OC under Marvin?

That's the one wildcard you have to question ? How much influence did Marvin have over the playcalls ?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 10:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's the one wildcard you have to question ? How much influence did Marvin have over the playcalls ?

It was definitely a trend that they never gave up on, under Marvin.  They would script the 1st drive, then play the hell out of whatever seemed to work well in that drive, for the rest of the half.  Some times it worked, other times it failed miserably.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Funny fact, after Lazor was fired in Miami, the guy who filled in for the rest of the season was Zac Taylor, our Friday interview.

Taylor also replaced Lazor at Texas A&M as OC. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote