Just got here and the grill is on...

No more talk; just a few updates:

Tyrod to dress but won't start
Sammy in
Shady in
Percy out
Karlos out
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I had to stop reading there, sorry. Good luck.

Same could be said after you declared in the game day thread, after you said Geno was done. Something to that effect 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Snowing here
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:38 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: Snowing here

Something I learned a long time ago is horrible weather is 10 times worse for fans and players if your team gets behind.

But, my weather forecast for game time says 40 degrees so I don't see a weather issue today.

I saw you referenced our loss to Indy in the playoffs to prop up your case for a Bill's win. Here are some roster facts or that game:

1. Green - out
2. Jones -out
3. Eifert - out
4. Gresham - out
5. A. Smith - out

Needless to say our pass offense was decimated and we are a much different offense today than last January.

Stay warm and best of luck to your Bills after today. Rock On
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Cool to see a Bills fan get involved on the boards! Hope we destroy your team today! Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:51 AM)ExtraRadiohea d Wrote: Cool to see a Bills fan get involved on the boards! Hope we destroy your team today!  Tiger

This ^^^^^^ x1000
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:38 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: Snowing here

Cuz none of us can Google a weather report.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 03:44 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Hello, and good luck this Sunday.

I’ve started this thread to promote discussion (not necessarily trash talk, but do what you must) of this Sunday’s game, and to clear up a few misconceptions I read on your board.

First off, you’re all visiting the WRONG forum for real Bills discussion.  There’s no forum like The Stadium Wall over at twobillsdrive.com.  Here’s the link:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/forum/1-the-stadium-wall/

Now, onto what you need to know about the Bills for this Sunday.

Offensively…

The skill position players are very good.  No joke.  Sammy Watkins is a stud; don’t let the middling numbers from his rookie year fool you.  He had over 900 yards and 6 TDs (quite comparable with AJ Green and Julio Jones as rookies) playing in Doug Marrone and Nate Hackett’s offense, with Kyle Orton at QB.  He needs to be doubled or have coverage rolled to him at all times.  Let me put it this way: the Colts have Vontae Davis, one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL, and they covered Sammy with Davis AND a safety over the top about 90% of the time.

Behind Sammy, Robert Woods and Percy Harvin have been consistently getting open against single coverage.  Marquise Goodwin is one of the 3 fastest players in football (behind only Chris Johnson and Dri Archer), and needs to be accounted for when he’s in the game (I’m sure you all remember his last-minute TD to tie the game against Cincinnati two years ago).  Chris Hogan is an underrated athlete who can make plays.

Charles Clay has been a great get as a FA, as he’s been a reliable safety valve.  There were plays last week where Tennessee was triple-covering Clay (you can do that with Sammy out of the lineup).

The RB position has been racked with injuries, and it looks like we’ll be down at least Karlos Williams this Sunday, which takes the “hammer” element out of the run game.  Shady seems more likely to play than I might have expected, which is a huge bonus, as I’d be worried about Boom Herron carrying the load.  Nevertheless, this team can run the ball pretty reliably, averaging 4.3 YPC, which ranks 8th in the NFL.

The offensive line is pretty solid from LT to C, but weakens as you move toward the right side.  Rookie RG John Miller has been a roller coaster, while second-year RT Seantrel Henderson has underwhelmed to say the least.  If I’m Paul Guenther, this is where I’m attacking Buffalo’s front.

QB-wise, Taylor has been exciting, though erratic at times.  He is an exceptional athlete, and has a very, very good deep ball.  If he’s healthy, he’s a real dual-threat.  Amongst starting QBs, he ranks 11th in YPA and 7th in passer rating and completion percentage.  If he can’t go, the drop off to EJ Manuel isn’t huge, but they are definitely different players.  EJ can’t kill you in the run game, but he’s almost Big Ben-like in his ability to extend the play.  He’s also got a terrific deep arm, though it seems his release isn’t quite as quick as Taylor’s.  He does, however, hit the seam throws better than Taylor does.

Defensively…

The defensive line needs no introduction.  They are all dominant in their own ways.  Jerry Hughes is a force on the edge; he absolutely owned Joe Thomas to the point where Cleveland was giving the best LT in the game help against him.  Dareus is a monster against both the run and the pass.  Kyle Williams looks like your typical lunch-pail guy, but watch him drop into coverage and chase down Marcus Mariota at full-stride, and you know he’s an athlete.  Mario Williams is an anchor against the run, and needs to be doubled in pass-protection.  In short, these four are the biggest reason this team is 7th in yards/carry allowed, 4th in yards/pass attempt allowed, and 6th in QB rating against.

I’ve seen some banter on this board that Buffalo isn’t as good on the back end…that’s false.  The boundary corners are as good a pairing as there is in the NFL.  Yes, I said that, and I mean it.  Stephon Gilmore and Ronald Darby rank 3rd and 2nd in the NFL in passes defended, and are both ranked in the top 5 in QB rating against when targeted by opposing QBs.  Keep in mind that this is a pairing that faced Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, and Eli Manning thus far.  Slot CB Nickell Robey is small, but very aggressive and an excellent blitzer.

The safety play has been inconsistent, as both Corey Graham and Aaron Williams have missed some time, as has primary backup Bacarri Rambo.  With Williams now on IR-DTR, and Rambo still recovering from a Week 4 injury, Duke Williams will get the call opposite Corey Graham on Sunday.  To any Bills’ fan, that’s scary.  I’d look for Rex to use Duke as a blitzer as often as he can, since that’s his best skill to this point.

The LB trio of Preston Brown, Nigel Bradham, and Manny Lawson are a mixed bag.  Brown is sensational against the run, but middling against the pass.  Manny Lawson is the exact opposite, though he played the run very well last week against Tennessee.  Bradham hits like a truck, but he tends to get very aggressive and over-pursue.

How I’d game plan against Cincinnati…

On defense, I’m looking to neutralize Green and Eifert first and foremost.  I’m probably sticking Gilmore on Green, because he’s bigger and a bit more physical than Darby, and I think Gilmore wants the assignment given that last time around he was trying to play against Green with a massive club over his hand and couldn’t tackle for anything.  I don’t expect Gilmore to shut him down altogether, but I think he’ll hold his own.  I’d then expect Darby to play the boundary against either Jones or Sanu—Bengals fans won’t like hearing this, but I feel really comfortable that Darby wins that match-up.  Robey draws slot duty against whichever of Jones or Sanu doesn’t line up on the boundary…that’s probably a 50/50 match-up, since both sides are fairly accomplished.

With regard to Eifert, I’d expect bracket zone coverage where Lawson draws the short zone (he’s got excellent speed for a LB—ran a sub-4.5 at the combine years ago).  I think this would’ve been Aaron Williams’ assignment had he been healthy since he’s their biggest safety, but I don’t think I want Corey Graham, who’s only 5’11”, matching against the much bigger Eifert 1-on-1.  More likely that Lawson draws the short zone and Graham plays over the top.

In the run game, I’m letting the DL plus Brown/Bradham patrol the box, which they’ve done quite well through 5 weeks.

For me, the biggest concern is handling Bernard out of the backfield, since you can’t exactly get a jam on a guy that lines up 12-15 yards from the coverage.  I’ll be interested to see how Rex game plans for that.

Offensively, I’m looking to exploit Cinci’s run defense, which is 29th in the NFL at 4.8 YPC allowed.  I’d look to compliment that with intermediate route combinations on the boundary and interior isolation concepts that get Clay matched up with either a LB or a safety, where he’ll win that matchup much of the time.

There’s your primer on your opponent this Sunday.  If you have questions or comments, feel free; I’m happy to answer.  As I said before, I don’t really talk trash, but do what you must…just don’t get upset if you say something patently incorrect and I’m forced to educate you (haha).
That's a really long post....  Did you mention that the Bills are very undisciplined?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
You lost, *****. Should have listened to your superiors.
Reply/Quote
Not exactly stifling defense or the least bit of home field advantage. The Bills are way behind the Bengals.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 01:24 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Cuz none of us can Google a weather report.

Really?  Way to be cool.  No need for this.
Reply/Quote
Well Bandit,

we won. I was right that Jones would have a good game. So did Eifert. You guys kept Green quiet, but we just had way too many weapons on Offense and Dalton still looks great.

Good luck for the rest of your season. Though I still have to cheer against you guys since the wife is a Miami fan.

Oh, BTW, Hogan... 7-11 wasn't open today.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 05:43 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Really?  Way to be cool.  No need for this.

No need to pretend you're a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan carrying an AK47 either, but you do it anyway.

Who dey @ the Bills guy.
Reply/Quote
It was a good game. Watkins was doing serious damage before he was hobbled prior to the second half. shady mccoy also looked fabulous. showed our lack of LB's. Rex did well he exploited this bengal team troubles. it will be a blueprint for the rest of the league. the reffing in the league right now needs to be more consistent. it's simply b/s that they can't consistently do a better job. good game Bills. much respect.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 05:49 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: No need to pretend you're a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan carrying an AK47 either, but you do it anyway.

Who dey @ the Bills guy.

Never said I was a soldier, but your not smart enough to understand that.

So continue with being an idiot.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 05:56 PM)WildCat Wrote: It was a good game. Watkins was doing serious damage before he was hobbled prior to the second half. shady mccoy also looked fabulous. showed our lack of LB's. Rex did well he exploited this bengal team troubles. it will be a blueprint for the rest of the league. the reffing in the league right now needs to be more consistent. it's simply b/s that they can't consistently do a better job. good game Bills. much respect.

Watkins had what--3 or 4 catches?  McCoy had about 80 yards.  Rex didn't do all that much exploiting.  Especially his defense.  His offense was mediocre and his defense was weak at best.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm laughing at the Bills fan here.

Now come back and tell us about holding.

Our DE's were absolutely getting mugged today.

Even on one of your scoring plays.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 05:58 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Never said I was a soldier, but your not smart enough to understand that.

So continue with being an idiot.

"Your" isn't the word you were looking for, bud, but you're not smart enough to understand that.

Contractor, soldier, private security, whatever... Nobody buys it.

Stop trying to derail the thread, this is about rubbing this victory in this guy's face.
Reply/Quote
Well, Bandit,
That was alot of injury to overcome. But I knew when I thought Watkins popped the calf again (not exactly sure what happened to him though) the game was over. And it was right after that the game was completely different. We were still up by a field goal then. But it would've been a closer game.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Clay looks decent.  Shady is... well... Shady.

Other than that your team showed nothing that those "losing team" franchises didn't bring.

Need I say less even.

Dalton looked pretty clean too. 

Take your "we shall see" BS somewhere else.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote