Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Fan Here...
(10-19-2015, 10:52 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: We'll call it even for the phantom hands-to-the-face penalty on Jerry Hughes that gave you a key first down.

:)

It's not wise to assume.

My apologies; thought you folks might appreciate an update from the stadium.

Actually, the boundary guys weren't really who Dalton targeted.  Gilmore did give up the one long pass to Jones; though I'm not really sure the coverage could've been any better.  I generally hate the adage that a perfectly thrown ball cannot be defended, but that's the 2nd time this season I've seen it play out (the other was Amendola's insane catch against Robey in Week 2...almost identical plays really).

For the most part though, Dalton picked on the safeties and LBs, just as I said he would.

Darn Gilmore, I benched Jones on my fantasy team because he hadn't been doing anything.

Thanks, Buffalo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:22 AM)Benton Wrote: Darn Gilmore, I benched Jones on my fantasy team because he hadn't been doing anything.

Thanks, Buffalo.

Let that be a lesson to you: if you're going to start someone against Buffalo's defense, the number 3 target in the opponent's passing game is a safe bet.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:13 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: [Image: tumblr_m7ixmdxISg1qdmk7to1_250.gif]

You came back so kudos to you

Best of luck the rest of the way
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 10:57 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: I'm a man of my word!

I'm hopeful that our hobbled mess can get a win over Jacksonville in London, and then have 2 weeks to get guys like Harvin, Karlos, Tyrod, and (hopefully) Sammy back into the fold before we take on Miami at home.

I wasn't really counting on having a win against Cinci to get to the postseason, but Jax and Miami are must-wins to close out the first half at 5-3, because 5 of their next 6 are on the road.  Now, there's plenty of winnable games in there (KC, NJJ, Houston, Philly, Washington), but that much travel takes its toll on any team, so health will be of utmost importance.

It may have been a mistake to have Watkins in this game to begin with.  I'm still not sure if I've heard what the injury was - did he pop that calf again? 
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Watkins suffered an ankle injury. Looks like a high ankle sprain, happened directly on the TD catch. They kept saying "questionable", but you're not taped up and on crutches in the runway if you're coming back. I'll bet he's done for at least 2-3 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You came back so kudos to you

Best of luck the rest of the way

Thanks.

Believe me, Bills' fans have been through far worse than anything we'll hear on a message board.

(10-19-2015, 12:24 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: It may have been a mistake to have Watkins in this game to begin with.  I'm still not sure if I've heard what the injury was - did he pop that calf again? 

Tough to say...he was playing well out there before the injury with 4 catches on 5 targets. The injury was his ankle--the OTHER ankle...ugh.

(10-19-2015, 12:25 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Watkins suffered an ankle injury. Looks like a high ankle sprain, happened directly on the TD catch. They kept saying "questionable", but you're not taped up and on crutches in the runway if you're coming back. I'll bet he's done for at least 2-3 weeks.

Supposedly it's an Inversion sprain as opposed to a high ankle sprain, so that would be a better scenario...he was, however, in walking boot when he got off the plane in London.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:12 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Will Watkins even be on the field? McCoy? Williams? I'm sorry but your offense is decimated... Taylor????

Charles Clay is a nice weapon, but when he is the only guy out there, I don't see much working for you guys.

You underrate the Cinci corners mightily, and you will be surprised how long your QB has to hold onto the ball until a WR comes open.

As for our offense against your defense, we don't need to score 30+ points. 20 points will win this game with how much trouble your offense will have moving the ball. It's not even about Cinci's defense being good, its about your offense being decimated with injuries. If you guys were healthy, this would be a great game.

Think I was right on this one. It would have been a LOT closer with healthy weapons. Maybe we will see you guys at our house in the playoffs. Hopefully Tyrod gets healthy, cuz he adds a whole dimension to your offense that Manuel simply can't. Manuel could do well with more weapons on the field though, he didn't play a terrible game. If he threw a better pass on his interception, it could have been a long TD.
Reply/Quote
Like a poster said earlier.

Your team looks like they play undisciplined football.

It's like watching the Jets of old.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Think I was right on this one. It would have been a LOT closer with healthy weapons. Maybe we will see you guys at our house in the playoffs. Hopefully Tyrod gets healthy, cuz he adds a whole dimension to your offense that Manuel simply can't. Manuel could do well with more weapons on the field though, he didn't play a terrible game. If he threw a better pass on his interception, it could have been a long TD.

I agree on all counts.

EJ underthrew Hogan on the INT...same pass that Tyrod hit to set up the game-winner last week against Tennessee. I don't think Hogan would've scored; he's not a top-gear kind of guy, but a different half of football it would have been.

(10-19-2015, 01:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Like a poster said earlier.

Your team looks like they play undisciplined football.

It's like watching the Jets of old.

If it looks like they're undisciplined...it's because they are...it's frustrating. Usually, it's some moron like Duke Williams or Ron Brooks taking a 15-yard penalty on Special Teams. I have no idea how to correct that aside from benching guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Think I was right on this one. It would have been a LOT closer with healthy weapons. Maybe we will see you guys at our house in the playoffs. Hopefully Tyrod gets healthy, cuz he adds a whole dimension to your offense that Manuel simply can't. Manuel could do well with more weapons on the field though, he didn't play a terrible game. If he threw a better pass on his interception, it could have been a long TD.

They had the majority of their weapons in 1st half and still were losing.. after halftime, the Bengals just dominated on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:20 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: They had the majority of their weapons in 1st half and still were losing.. after halftime, the Bengals just dominated on both sides of the ball.

Their D was worse than ours rushing the passer.

Dalton never really got touched even.

Note to our D line...  you can't give that much time to QBs above Manuel's skillset.

You just can't.

Look Bandit that run by Gio was the combo of good blocking and a quick RB.  Give em' some credit.

Even if Shady/OL did that to our team I'd concede our crappy LB play and admit it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:47 PM)OBengalsRocker Wrote: Their D was worse than ours rushing the passer.

Dalton never really got touched even.

Note to our D line...  you can't give that much time to QBs above Manuel's skillset.

You just can't.

Look Bandit that run by Gio was the combo of good blocking and a quick RB.  Give em' some credit.

Even if Shady/OL did that to our team I'd concede our crappy LB play and admit it.

Of course it was a good run...I said that i thought Bernard looked good.

I wouldn't say that Buffalo had most of their weapons in the first half, given that they were missing Karlos, Harvin, and Taylor, but all the same, they weren't ahead even with what they had.

No matter; they lost to a better team. It happens.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:53 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Of course it was a good run...I said that i thought Bernard looked good.

I wouldn't say that Buffalo had most of their weapons in the first half, given that they were missing Karlos, Harvin, and Taylor, but all the same, they weren't ahead even with what they had.

Just think--you could have had Hue instead of the Team Wrecker.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:53 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Of course it was a good run...I said that i thought Bernard looked good.

The Bills are a good team. If they were fully healthy it would have been a real game. BUT !

As mentioned above you guys are very undisciplined and that has to be cleaned up for you to ever rise above just a good team. Way, way to many penalties !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:58 PM)McC Wrote: Just think--you could have had Hue instead of the Team Wrecker.

Never wanted Hue and still don't.

Would've been happy with Dan Quinn though 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 10:52 AM)thebandit27 Wrote: My apologies; thought you folks might appreciate an update from the stadium.

I wasn't being facetious. I like snow, especially during a football game. Hell, all it ever does here during Bengal games in December is rain. I'd like a good Buffalo snow every now and again.

Edit: not that crazy snow that's up to your roof like you get. That's a buncha bullshit LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 08:05 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Never wanted Hue and still don't.

what you have against Hue that you would not want him as a head coach... 8-8 in only season with Oakland.. was an incredible job... 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 08:05 PM)thebandit27 Wrote: Never wanted Hue and still don't.

You would have still had Schwartz as DC and a viable offense that didn't rely on the QB being in harm's way so often.  You see the result of Tyrod carrying the offense on his back.  And Bluster Boy would be in a tv studio where he couldn't destroy any more teams.  And the Bills wouldn't be watching the playoffs on the tube yet again, like they will be this year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:22 AM)Benton Wrote: Darn Gilmore, I benched Jones on my fantasy team because he hadn't been doing anything.

Thanks, Buffalo.

Don't feel too bad...turns out it wasn't a catch:

https://twitter.com/me66ina/status/656171610198683648
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I wasn't being facetious. I like snow, especially during a football game. Hell, all it ever does here during Bengal games in December is rain. I'd like a good Buffalo snow every now and again.

Edit: not that crazy snow that's up to your roof like you get. That's a buncha bullshit LOL

Most of the time, we get the fun kind of snow.

Last year, however, was the "there's no place left to pile this snow" type of snow.

(10-19-2015, 11:00 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: what you have against Hue that you would not want him as a head coach... 8-8 in only season with Oakland.. was an incredible job... 

Some guys are meant to be good play callers; to me, Jackson is that kind of guy. One season as a HC and he's asking for total control over personnel? Not my type.

(10-20-2015, 05:15 AM)McC Wrote: You would have still had Schwartz as DC and a viable offense that didn't rely on the QB being in harm's way so often.  You see the result of Tyrod carrying the offense on his back.  And Bluster Boy would be in a tv studio where he couldn't destroy any more teams.  And the Bills wouldn't be watching the playoffs on the tube yet again, like they will be this year.

Until we're watching the playoffs from home, I'll take your opinion with a massive grain of salt, since Buffalo is all of one game out of a playoff spot right now.

Just FYI, the offense doesn't rely on the QB getting in harm's way...that's only the case when you lose 3 of your best playmakers.
Reply/Quote