Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills Fan Here...
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101804/2015/REG6/bengals@bills#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000559413&tab=videos

Take a look at that video at the :49 mark and tell me that Watkins TD shouldn't have clearly been a holding call and not counted. You can keep your 7 points still... We'll just go ahead and beat your team and the refs again.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:05 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Clay looks decent.  Shady is... well... Shady.

Other than that your team showed nothing that those "losing team" franchises didn't bring.

Need I say less even.

Dalton looked pretty clean too. 

Take your "we shall see" BS somewhere else.

[Image: 93e6b7f1fb3dcfcf761c5f8fd78c24573b75a664...4b8245.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:02 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: "Your" isn't the word you were looking for, bud, but you're not smart enough to understand that.

Contractor, soldier, private security, whatever... Nobody buys it.

Stop trying to derail the thread, this is about rubbing this victory in this guy's face.

Proof ya got nothing.  You are resorting to grammar police.

My bad...  You're still not as smart as you think you are.

So you don't think I am a contractor that has worked overseas and that I am on vacation? 

I am not derailing the thread, you are the one with the personal attacks. Big Grin

All I told you is no need to be a jerk about the guy posting a weather update.

You then decided to continue with being a jerk.

The thread isn't about rubbing anything into anyone's face.  It is about talking about the game, the before and hopefully the after.

However you're more than welcome keeping the perspective of you being a jerk going. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:25 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101804/2015/REG6/bengals@bills#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000559413&tab=videos

Take a look at that video at the :49 mark and tell me that Watkins TD shouldn't have clearly been a holding call and not counted.  You can keep your 7 points still... We'll just go ahead and beat your team and the refs again.

blatant hold on dunlap. it was happening all day long. geno block in the back comes to mind also. i'd bet going back and looking at the tape the blatant non-calls are insane.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 12122513_10206688321620042_6972605042826...e=56C4DA9E]

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12122513_10206688321620042_6972605042826044351_n.jpg?oh=322162f8b0c4397c370e4f4837465443&oe=56C4DA9E
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So, the guy still hasn't shown up like he said he would "win or lose"?

Imagine my surprise.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 08:25 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: So, the guy still hasn't shown up like he said he would "win or lose"?
Imagine my surprise.

I at least wanted to know if it's still snowing Sad
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
"I’ve seen some banter on this board that Buffalo isn’t as good on the back end…that’s false.  The boundary corners are as good a pairing as there is in the NFL.  Yes, I said that, and I mean it.  Stephon Gilmore and Ronald Darby rank 3rd and 2nd in the NFL in passes defended, and are both ranked in the top 5 in QB rating against when targeted by opposing QBs.  Keep in mind that this is a pairing that faced Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, and Eli Manning thus far.  Slot CB Nickell Robey is small, but very aggressive and an excellent blitzer."

Well I guess that settles it.  Andy is a freakin' GOD !

I guess Eifert/MLJ didn't get the memo on these guys either.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 08:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I at least wanted to know if it's still snowing Sad

It's snowing Bills fan's tears. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 08:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's snowing Bills fan's tears. 

They say no two flakes look alike... yet they all taste like failure.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 07:02 PM)thebandit27 Wrote:
reuben.ahmed Wrote:I can't believe this guy thinks the Bills are in the same league as the Bengals. I won't be eating my words either, 1 point or 20 points, they have no chance. Bills going on 16 years of mediocrity and struggling for .500 again this year (no excuses mate). 14 out of 16 years losing record. On to the bye week.

Please come back and give no excuses after the game, the refs, our poor play, our backup QB, we gave the game away. You will lose and this thread has no point. We lost in the playoffs because we had backups playing except Dalton, but nobody cares.

Don't worry, I'll be back win or lose...and unlike you, I'll quote you and address you directly.

I have a feeling that you haven't watched the Bills much, or you might not be doing your best Rex Ryan impression--they're a good team.

We made Aaron Rodgers look like playoff-Dalton; we can do the same to nearly anyone (except freakin' Brady...ugh).

Oh, and some house-cleaning: if this thread has no point, then what are you doing here?  The point, quite clearly, was to give you all an opportunity to converse with a fan from your opponent's team, gain some insight (if you choose to accept it), and perhaps know what to look for in your opponent's game plan.  If that doesn't suit your fancy, skip it.

Lastly, you (personally) are getting a bit high over your 4 straight one-and-dones in the playoffs.  Ask a Buffalo fan what it means to be a 4-time perennial also-ran: not much.

I sincerely hope your team shares your dismissive opinion of mine...thankfully for you, I doubt that's the case.  Thankfully for me, most of your fellow fans don't either.

Where you at, bro. Dismissed. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:25 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101804/2015/REG6/bengals@bills#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000559413&tab=videos

Take a look at that video at the :49 mark and tell me that Watkins TD shouldn't have clearly been a holding call and not counted.  You can keep your 7 points still... We'll just go ahead and beat your team and the refs again.

Mugged :angry:
[Image: 1_zps03xcrydd.png][Image: 2_zpsmvqrozhc.png][Image: 3_zpstvoosfjb.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 08:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Where you at, bro. Dismissed. 

Shocker

Another fan comes in from another team. His team is embarrassed so he never checks back in. He had time to send us a weather report pre-game (mobile phone), but no time to come back and take his lumps.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengals eased up on this one. Bengals played the Bills for 3 quarters and the clock in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
I hate coming off mean, but they had no chance. It's difficult for us as fans to differentiate between emotions/optimism and realism.

I live in Cleveland, I see it every damn year from this city. In life it's good to be hit with realism every once in a while, and coming into an opponent's territory talking optimism is going to get you shut down.

Cleveland is the land of forgive, forget, and optimism.
Reply/Quote
Hey Bengals fans.

Nice win...your team looked good as we all expected.

My apologies for not getting here yesterday, as I went home to put in some much-needed dad time with the kids (I have twin toddlers).

Not a lot to be surprised about really: the Bills' offense came out hot (they always seem to run the scripted plays well), and kept things close as long as they still had some weapons in the passing game. Once Sammy went out, you could tell they were in trouble. Sitting in the stands, it was easy to see that Woods was going to get a bit of extra attention, and they'd play zone in the middle to keep Clay from breaking loose. Without anyone else to pressure the back 7, it was going to get ugly. Not enough play-makers to get over against a pretty good defensive unit...at least not without excellent QB play, which we knew we weren't going to get from EJ.

Defensively, I said from the get-go that my concerns were the interior of the back 7 and Rex's inability to make adjustments. Lo-and-behold, we get a TD to a RB out of the backfield (because we don't have a LB or safety that recognizes that stuff quickly enough), and a lot of completions on slants between the LB and safety coverage. Still, I admire the way the D held their own in the 1st half despite being put in brutal situations by undisciplined ST penalties yet again. The drive starts they literally handed to the Bengals were appalling...you can't do that against good teams and expect to win. The inability to adjust reared its ugly head again in the 2nd half, as nearly everyone knew Dalton was going to come out and look to exploit the middle zones. Surprise surprise, Jones has 4 catches against inside coverage on the opening drive. I will say that the 40-yarder was a spectacular play; perfect throw and a great catch. Not sure if Gilmore can do anything about that, though I think Graham is not supposed to be trailing that play from the backside. The Jones' TD on that drive was a perfect example of a scheme issue: Bernard swings out to the flanker position pre-snap, and Graham creeps up to cover him. Good. Smart football...except, for reasons beyond my understanding, Preston Brown runs out there and backs Graham off to the goal line. Um, Rex? You just removed your best tackler from the box, in a short-field situation, against a team that likes to run underneath screens. That's...well...stupid, and it deservedly resulted in a TD.

Anyway, some other random observations from the game:

- Dalton did a nice job of recognizing when guys like Rambo and Duke Williams were singled up and getting the ball out quickly.
- I don't know why he's so stuck on it, but Rex seems more interested in being creative than effective, as I don't think I've seen him let the front 4 just go after people the way Schwartz did last year
- Bernard and Shady look a lot a like in terms of running style. Both are fun guys to watch.
- I was really surprised that Cinci didn't get more of a pass rush earlier in the game, especially when Cyrus-the-turnstile came in at RT on the 2nd series. I wonder if they were simply holding the edges to prevent Manuel from running...

Anyway, congrats on the win, good luck the rest of the way, and feel free to stop by our board anytime. We have plenty of fans from opposing teams (we have a few regulars from Dallas, Cleveland, Green Bay, and NE--really, really good posters) that come by and provide perspective.

Be well.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for coming back, but you had no chance as stated. :) Good luck next year when Watkins and your starter are healthy again. I would have stuck with McCoy more since the Bengals D is suspect and Manuel is not an accurate passer down the field. I thought the Bengals O might struggle a little against Rex but they put up 34, which was more a benefit of field position and a below average Bills offense than anything else.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:25 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101804/2015/REG6/bengals@bills#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000559413&tab=videos

Take a look at that video at the :49 mark and tell me that Watkins TD shouldn't have clearly been a holding call and not counted. You can keep your 7 points still... We'll just go ahead and beat your team and the refs again.

We'll call it even for the phantom hands-to-the-face penalty on Jerry Hughes that gave you a key first down.

:)

(10-18-2015, 08:25 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: So, the guy still hasn't shown up like he said he would "win or lose"?

Imagine my surprise.

It's not wise to assume.

(10-18-2015, 08:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I at least wanted to know if it's still snowing Sad

My apologies; thought you folks might appreciate an update from the stadium.

(10-18-2015, 08:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "I’ve seen some banter on this board that Buffalo isn’t as good on the back end…that’s false.  The boundary corners are as good a pairing as there is in the NFL.  Yes, I said that, and I mean it.  Stephon Gilmore and Ronald Darby rank 3rd and 2nd in the NFL in passes defended, and are both ranked in the top 5 in QB rating against when targeted by opposing QBs.  Keep in mind that this is a pairing that faced Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, and Eli Manning thus far.  Slot CB Nickell Robey is small, but very aggressive and an excellent blitzer."

Well I guess that settles it.  Andy is a freakin' GOD !

I guess Eifert/MLJ didn't get the memo on these guys either.

Actually, the boundary guys weren't really who Dalton targeted. Gilmore did give up the one long pass to Jones; though I'm not really sure the coverage could've been any better. I generally hate the adage that a perfectly thrown ball cannot be defended, but that's the 2nd time this season I've seen it play out (the other was Amendola's insane catch against Robey in Week 2...almost identical plays really).

For the most part though, Dalton picked on the safeties and LBs, just as I said he would.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 10:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Thanks for coming back, but you had no chance as stated. :) Good luck next year when Watkins and your starter are healthy again. I would have stuck with McCoy more since the Bengals D is suspect and Manuel is not an accurate passer down the field. I thought the Bengals O might struggle a little against Rex but they put up 34, which was more a benefit of field position and a below average Bills offense than anything else.

I'm a man of my word!

I'm hopeful that our hobbled mess can get a win over Jacksonville in London, and then have 2 weeks to get guys like Harvin, Karlos, Tyrod, and (hopefully) Sammy back into the fold before we take on Miami at home.

I wasn't really counting on having a win against Cinci to get to the postseason, but Jax and Miami are must-wins to close out the first half at 5-3, because 5 of their next 6 are on the road.  Now, there's plenty of winnable games in there (KC, NJJ, Houston, Philly, Washington), but that much travel takes its toll on any team, so health will be of utmost importance.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 10:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Shocker

Another fan comes in from another team. His team is embarrassed so he never checks back in. He had time to send us a weather report pre-game (mobile phone), but no time to come back and take his lumps.

[Image: tumblr_m7ixmdxISg1qdmk7to1_250.gif]
Reply/Quote